Need Trinket Advice: Stone of the Elements?

Currently I have a Heroic Fel-Spring Coil, and Mythic Humming Blackiron Trigger (yay Mythic Cache).

1) It's unlikely on my server to see Mythic bosses, not for a very very long time. So, I'll be stuck on heroic for at least 6+mo
    2) From what I've understood, Cache's only provide gear from the current difficulty you raid, so I can only get Heroic Cache's correct?

I was checking my gear on AskRobot, trying to figure out BIS with the Heroic HC being the upper limits to what I can obtain. More specifically, I've been trying to compare slots to figure out what would be a "BIS" from crafted. So far I'm already planning for a crafted Savage cloak (as it is ilvl 715 vs the ilvl 710 cloak from Iskar)

I was next looking at Trinket. Ask Robot suggested the 705/710 "Talisman of the Master Tracker" is BIS, so I plan to aim for that. In 3rd place was the Stone of the Elements. http://www.wowhead.com/item=128024/s...f-the-elements A Versatility Trinket with Agi proc. I'm a bit leery just because it's Vers, but the agil is a nice proc and and the effect to potions is a nice bonus. Is it worth it for me to craft it or skip it?

If anyone has any advice on the trinket, or has better suggestions for "crafted bis" I would appreciate any feedback.

Stone of the elements is a decent alternative for no-hc raiders.

Go for it, it's worth the comps/price

The Agi proc alone warrants its use. That amount of Agi is insane. then again id recommend trying to get a heroic even a normal version of Malicious censer it is really good, and known to have GREAT uptimes.

The Stone is really strong. It's absolutely worth it if you don't have access on Mythic trinkets or the BiS Heroic trinkets.

Don't aim for the Talisman. It's only better in theory for HFC in most of the fights. Try to get a Censer/Mirror or even Coil instead.

Aim for kazzak trinket over the large expenditure that SotE would be.. it meshes well with MM tier and raid role and last I simmed it against T18H default profile, it was about 300 dps above coil and thus above yet probably within margin of error on sote and censer.

The fact that so much of sote power lies in its proc makes it alright for average dps but even more of a liability for priority target dps that doesn't sync with the icd.

You also have a shot at wf/socketed kazzak trinket.

If you are filthy rich its a good alternative in the mean time.

Deleted
    between kazzak trinket,heart of the mountain(685),skull of war(685) and stone of element. which two would you guys go with as MM? am using t17 4 part if that matters

Which Kazzak Trinket?

Deleted
    ah sry the good one :P

do you guys trinket swap for bosses? Beating heart/Malicious for ST. Mirror/Malicious for aoe?

Do you guys know the simulation craft string for this trinket? I'd like to sim my toon with it without having to actually buy/equip it. If it turns out to be a big upgrade I will consider buying it, so was kinda hoping someone could help me with this... Thanks!

trinket2=stone_of_the_elements,id=128024

Should be the sote string.

Aqira, I'd generally use kazzaks + bhotm for progression and kazzaks + sote for farming with your current options.

Turbanator, I swap mirror in and out a lot. I hate that fn trinket. It can be god awful if your tanks aren't on point. I only got it last week but I don't think there was a single pull where the pets had 100% uptime on target.

I'm probably going to limit its use to farm/maybe hfa/maybe killrog/maybe council/def iskar/xul

On killrog id use only if I'm sent down on first wave for m progression as ive been on heroic. Otherwise id opt for a stat stick for add dps reliability up top. I'm probably going to use it for H archi over SotE until I get a stat stick for better fiend control in p4.

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    You also have a shot at wf/socketed kazzak trinket.
    Kazzak gear cannot roll wf/socket. Something OP should strongly consider is trying to obtain even a normal version of mirror of the blademaster trinket. Many people are unaware of this, but the on-use effect of a normal mirror of the blademaster is just as powerful as the mythic and heroic versions, the only difference is the amount of agility. Mirror of the blademaster is the strongest hunter trinket from this tier by a very large margin, even on single target if the boss is not moving out of the effect. Another little-known fact is that mirror of the blademaster can be used at the exact same time as beating heart of the mountain without incurring a shared cd. Malicious censer and felspring coil are ok trinkets, but they are just stat sticks, and everyone else has access to soul capacitor and a viable class trinket. If you average out the agility gained from malicious censer, it's surprisingly low, only slightly higher than a mythic blackhand trinket.
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2015-07-25 at 07:09 PM.

For progression, I'd pick a Fel-Coil of X difficulty over a Mirror of X difficulty any day.

Deleted
    elements/censer(hc) seems to be quite near eacother on the trinket list, is it a big diffrenece which one you use? also any one know the internal cd for element ?

thingh is we are quite many hunters in the team atm, and am not so sure i end up getting it any near the couple of weeks(using coins on t18 bosses).
    Last edited by mmocb8ab34e546; 2015-07-26 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    elements/censer(hc) seems to be quite near eacother on the trinket list, is it a big diffrenece which one you use? also any one know the internal cd for element ?

thingh is we are quite many hunters in the team atm, and am not so sure i end up getting it any near the couple of weeks(using coins on t18 bosses).
    Don't take Azor's trinket list too seriously. I'll give you an example why.

On Azor's trinket list, it says Mythic Trigger is better than Chipped Soul Prism by about 300 DPS. However, when I personally simmed my own character.. It was showing Chipped Soul Prism to be 300 DPS ahead of my WF Mythic Trigger. I'm not saying Azor's trinket list is wrong, but don't take it as the holy grail of lists. Get these trinkets and sim them on your character to see which ones are better for you.
    Last edited by NoClueWhatToDo; 2015-07-26 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Don't take Azor's trinket list too seriously. I'll give you an example why.

On Azor's trinket list, it says Mythic Trigger is better than Chipped Soul Prism by about 300 DPS. However, when I personally simmed my own character.. It was showing Chipped Soul Prism to be 300 DPS ahead of my WF Mythic Trigger. I'm not saying Azor's trinket list is wrong, but don't take it as the holy grail of lists. Get these trinkets and sim them on your character to see which ones are better for you.
    Chipped Soul Prism was using old values for a while, had to "make" the trinket myself in SimC to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Chipped Soul Prism was using old values for a while, had to "make" the trinket myself in SimC to fix.
    Ah. gotcha.