Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    man imagine the uproar if they were killing dogs

In other news, dogs around the world rejoiced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    I know cats devastated wildlife in new zealand - the flightless birds in particular, wouldn't surprise me if it was the same in australia.
    Your delightful cat animal pet is a superior predator. Much like that Iranian feral dog fiasco a while ago the bottom line is they are not nice animals to have roaming around unchecked. I would adopt them all if I could but I just cannot come up with enough names.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    You are like super evil.
    The other option was to charge them with the cost of repainting my entire car, as the cats have ruined it so completely there is not one unscratched surface on my car. As well as costs for rental while it's being redone.

Given they can't even bother to fix their cats (yay, one was pregnant, underfed, and produced more kittens yay!), I've no doubt they'd just tell me "wasn't my cat", which meant it's abandoned, which means it needs to go away.

I've since moved from there, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who let their cats/dogs roam outside without supervision annoy me. If you don't have a tall fence or other enclosed outside area, put it on a leash if you want it out. It's safer for your pet and saves the birds.

Sad that they have to cull the feral cats, but it's pretty much the only option. Oftentimes they can't be adopted because of behavioral problems. If they find nice ones that are friendly to humans (likely someone's outside cat), I hope they attempt to rehome instead of euthanize.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    How is this newsworthy? Culls happen every day, all over the planet...
    Greg Hunt: Glad you could make it, Tony.

Tony Abbott: Watch your tone with me, you cunt. You may be the Environment Minister, but I'm still your superior as Prime Minister.

Greg: As if I could forget. Listen, Tony, there's something about the cats you should know. Oh no. It's too late. These cats are all over the streets. They may look fine now, but it's a matter of time before they turn feral.

Tony: What?

Greg: This entire city must be purged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Greg Hunt: Glad you could make it, Tony.

Tony Abbott: Watch your tone with me, you cunt. You may be the Environment Minister, but I'm still your superior as Prime Minister.

Greg: As if I could forget. Listen, Tony, there's something about the cats you should know. Oh no. It's too late. These cats are all over the streets. They may look fine now, but it's a matter of time before they turn feral.

Tony: What?

Greg: This entire city must be purged.
    copycat!!!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    copycat!!!
    Don't euthanize me!

10+ Year Old Account
    anyway.... while I can see the measures of necessity... It also shows the travesty and decadence of our civilizations.
    It would be just too easy to start fucking legislating animal possessions. You want a pet, you've got to jump through hoops and what not, to get a damn license.
    Plus stop fucking allow breeding these animals for profits.
    And that counts for a variety of home pets.. Dogs, Cats, and some of the smaller animals too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    anyway.... while I can see the measures of necessity... It also shows the travesty and decadence of our civilizations.
    It would be just too easy to start fucking legislating animal possessions. You want a pet, you've got to jump through hoops and what not, to get a damn license.
    Plus stop fucking allow breeding these animals for profits.
    And that counts for a variety of home pets.. Dogs, Cats, and some of the smaller animals too.
    People are also really irresponsible if there's nothing forcing them to maintain a fence. My entire road is nearly unwalkable because every two houses have a different dog that'll just crawl under their fence if there's even one. Halfway down the street there's a pack of feral dogs and the last thing I want to do is kill a bunch of dogs just so I can walk down the street.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    People are also really irresponsible if there's nothing forcing them to maintain a fence. My entire road is nearly unwalkable because every two houses have a different dog that'll just crawl under their fence if there's even one. Halfway down the street there's a pack of feral dogs and the last thing I want to do is kill a bunch of dogs just so I can walk down the street.
    Exactly.... Hence why I am a passionate supporter of very strict, very steep licensing of pet ownership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    How many things do you think humans are killing? 2?
    Still... its a problem, don't tell me you don't see it, its quite obvious

Deleted
    Kind of fitting that the guys name is Hunt?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'd be all for completely eradicating mosquitoes. And ticks.
    There's actually some debate about what the impact of eradicating mosquitoes would be. There's a lot of really good arguments for eradicating them via genetic subversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The problem of feral cats is pretty well past the stage of becoming a problem and is solidly into big problem territory.
    Yeah. It's unfortunate that we see them as the pets that they are, because cats are really, really terrible. I love cats, they're cute, but feral cats (and even domestic cats that are just allowed outside) need to be culled everywhere, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    There's actually some debate about what the impact of eradicating mosquitoes would be. There's a lot of really good arguments for eradicating them via genetic subversion.
    How I know when humanity fucks with nature they will regret it.

The ammount of biomass they bring into the waters feeds some fish and soon ppl can't be fisherman in central africa or something.
    At least that is how it usually goes :>

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    How is this newsworthy? Culls happen every day, all over the planet...
    Kittens are cute, more at 11!

Maybe they'll find a virus that can prevent the cats from being able to breed like they are trying with the mosquitoes. Then again, given Australia's history with introducing things into the wild we would almost assuredly end up with Zombies.

Time to boycott Australia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Time to boycott Australia.
    The beauty of it is that you can't same goes for Saudi Arabia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    From what I've read on the situation, any impacts to the ecosystem would be short lived, as other insects would fill the gap pretty quickly. Ones that don't bite humans and give them malaria.

Hell, we killed off the vast majority of mosquitoes in the US decades ago using DDT. The DDT itself had some impacts, but the lack of mosquitoes was fine. Unfortunately the mosquito populations have returned, but at least there's no malaria anymore.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Debbie would cry rives.