Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    To be honest, this is something I always wanted to test, raid with WoW on my SSD and then the next day try it on a HDD. Just to see if it affects anything, i'm sure it help, especially during LUST Pull when everybody go all out crazy and there's ton of spells/characters on screen.
    I did that for you - no difference in that setting. I used to play WoW on HDD, SSHD and SSD. Currently it sits on SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    I pulled this quote from earlier in this thread , I have a SSD and i LOVED booting my PC in the sub 20 seconds and being play ready shortly after.

Lately it is taking way long [Im talking like 90seconds], I have checked online to see WHY this is happening with no success, does anyone have any tips i could try once im home for improving loading windows speeds?

thanks in advance for any information, i downloaded malaware remover program and cc cleaner [i think those were the names], I also defragd the drive but none of this has increased speed. I am at work currently, if you think you could help but need more information please let me know
    selfish bump to new page, today i went into my msconfig advanced boot options, changed my core use to 4 and no memory limit.. its down to about 30 seconds, but it feels like im still a lot longer than the loading used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Once you go SSD you cant go back
    This. You'll regret that it took you this long to get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
    This. You'll regret that it took you this long to get one.
    And not only this, but you start to wonder "how the heck have I lived before I got this?". Seriously, SSD is quite de facto standard nowadays. I've two gaming PC's and the secondary one still lacks SSD for reasons unknown (me being lazy asshat to reinstall Windows) and the difference between those two is very, very noticeable.

SSD will load your system fast. Data read and write speed on SSD is much faster than on HDD. It does not help with the network or other performance of computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtaliin View Post
    Most SSD write speeds are actually slower than an HDD. There are exceptions though. I hear Intel has come out with an SSD that can write in the 1gb/s range which is MUCH faster than any HDD.
    Uhhh... where are you getting HDDs have faster write rate than SSDs? Even fast HDDs buckle around 120 MB/s~ uncompressed sequential write rate where as SSDs surpass that with 500MB/s uncompressed sequential. Random write rate is faster due to not having a need for a mechanical arm and in turn also is no noise because that annoying pin doesn't need to move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtaliin View Post
    Most SSD write speeds are actually slower than an HDD. There are exceptions though. I hear Intel has come out with an SSD that can write in the 1gb/s range which is MUCH faster than any HDD.
    You have no idea what you're talking about LOL?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Thanks for clarifications guys

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    Also keep in mind that you can keep an SSD for a veryyyyy long time (as long as you don't torture it lol). This is something you can keep when you change your main component. It's really a nice quality of life improvement, make the OS much more responsive, everything load/start faster. In some games (like WoW or MMO in general), it does really help to load all the character on screen very quickly and reduce load screen time, id say its a good investment in the long run. To be honest, this is something I always wanted to test, raid with WoW on my SSD and then the next day try it on a HDD. Just to see if it affects anything, i'm sure it help, especially during LUST Pull when everybody go all out crazy and there's ton of spells/characters on screen.
    again during pulls and whatsoever BL/hero/TW moments it is all about frame rates which is all on your gpu power. I often say ppl calling for lag, no that's low fps (unless rare cases of latency ofc).