Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My expectations for this movie are so low it cant possibly go lower. A good quicksilver scene and good work with Psylocke and I'd be a happy camper. I'm expecting... much less.

I also don't care much for Apocalypse as a villain because his power levels are all over the map. I really hope I am wrong, and perhaps I will be as First Class and DoFP both were much better than I expected. I just don't hold Singer in very high regard.

Deleted
    Hmm, Days of Future Past looked better imo. I liked the first few trailers, but now it seems as if 90% is going to be Jennifer Lawrence again, I never was too much into the other 'kids' playing young mutants.

So Jennifer Lawrence and a Wolverine moment it is. Apart from that, doesn't look like much of the world will remain. Michael Bay destruction and everyone with a near constant :::OOOOOO face.

Bryan Singer hasn't made a bad X-Men movie yet, and Days of Future Past was amazing, so I'm optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who grew up watching the X-Men cartoon, I cannot STAND this version of Apocalypse. He doesn't fit the bill at ALL.

It'd be like them using Elija Wood to play Wolverine. I just...wut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    As someone who grew up watching the X-Men cartoon, I cannot STAND this version of Apocalypse. He doesn't fit the bill at ALL.

I doubt a lot of people would resemble an animated god-like entity.

Wolverine on the other hand still looks human.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

Not sure if this is his final form in the movie or just something made by someone and is not related to the movie, but here he looks like the cartoon version from the previous page. Possible spoiler alert http://universoxmen.com.br/wp-conten...X4Wu8bbkkE.jpg

I just watched this, hmm very cheeky of them to have him refer to himself as Elohim in a realistic rather than boastful way, I also noticed he did't call himself Allah. more muslim pandering

Aside from that it was okay, cool to see more x-men in action again - Jean at the end, - it's a good watch though, entertaining.

I preferred Batman vs Superman though and also Captain America Civil War - i'm so surpirsed Robert Downey Jr decided to play as Iron Man.... again

The more previews I see for this the less interested I'm getting. Apoc looks(and sounds) awful, as much massive CGI city destruction as a Michael Bay wet dream, and J-Law becoming WAAAAY more important to the series than she has any business being. Plus of course, a Wolverine appearance, because, you know, the X-Men can't exist without Wolverine, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The more previews I see for this the less interested I'm getting. Apoc looks(and sounds) awful, as much massive CGI city destruction as a Michael Bay wet dream, and J-Law becoming WAAAAY more important to the series than she has any business being. Plus of course, a Wolverine appearance, because, you know, the X-Men can't exist without Wolverine, or something.
    but this is how actors and ersonaltiies influence the narrative.. am i right? she is so well liekd that they keep giving her more important roles and themes.

i can't figure out whether it's a retcon or a stilll in the same cnaon as the first few movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's still in the same canon, but it's a different timeline thanks to DoFP.
    care to explain a bit? i think i missed that one? what happened? what changed? and how did it cause it to be a different timeline etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    care to explain a bit? i think i missed that one? what happened? what changed? and how did it cause it to be a different timeline etc
    In the end of DoFP they change the past when Raven saves the president and makes the people see, that mutants are not enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    J-Law becoming WAAAAY more important to the series than she has any business being.
    X men is the only thing I've seen her in and honestly I don't understand the appeal. Maybe its because I feel the character has been shoe horned into having importance in the franchise but she seems so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    X men is the only thing I've seen her in and honestly I don't understand the appeal. Maybe its because I feel the character has been shoe horned into having importance in the franchise but she seems so meh.
    There is no appeal. Its because she won an oscar. And because she made so much money for the hunger games franchise. They think she will do the same for xmen so they want to make her character front and center and they cant have her be evil like she is supposed to be. Which is why i dont watch these movies in theaters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    In the end of DoFP they change the past when Raven saves the president and makes the people see, that mutants are not enemies.
    ah.. that explains why though been earlier, it's a lot more now.. so the events of the apocalypse would not have happened in the first timeline.

I'm wondering how the changes from DoFP allowed the apocalypse to happen so much sooner? Did the fame and outing of the mutants much earlier spark the resurgence of the mutant cult that eventually dug up the Apocalypse?

Also in the movie, why are the Egyptians mostly pale/olive skinned? In ancient Egypt they were largely black. Colour doesn't lighten till the Assyrians conquer Egypt, and the Assyrians do mass deportations to control land altho I don't think that happened much in Egypt. Furthermore before it was renamed to Africa, the continent was called Egypt. The current ethnic mix today is not 7,000 years old, it's 2,300 years old, comes from the time the Romans conquered Ptolemies.

The largely black population is what then moved further south, founded a few empires like the Gold Coast in West Africa and other in the central africa, but they fell to ruins a good 4/500 before the European colonists landed, by which time most of the people had decentralized into warring tribes.

Which about sums up my history of Africa over the last 4,000 years. Despite being predominantly black, the Egyptians did have Pharaohs from some of the regions with lighter skinned people, afterall at their height they extended well into the middle east.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I have seen Jennifer Lawrence in most of her film work but I have never been particularly impressed with her. Winters Bone was pretty good, she was alright in Silver Linings Playbook but othrwise I think she is a pretty poor actress caught up in a ridiculous level of Hollywood hype.

She has nice boobs though. So theres that at least.

Deleted
    It was watchable...but felt like a TV movie with good cgi...Sansa was awesome at the end as Phoenix, and that fast runner guy did some fun stuff like last movie, other than that..far from the best they could have done...the villain was very cringe..

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    It was watchable...but felt like a TV movie with good cgi...Sansa was awesome at the end as Phoenix, and that fast runner guy did some fun stuff like last movie, other than that..far from the best they could have done...the villain was very cringe..
    Apocalypse is best done as an over the top villain with a massive ego which he backs up.

Deleted
    IMDB rating already below both Days of Future Past and First Class and its just come out ...

Not good since ratings always fall from a high on release of any mainstream movie.

Deleted
    Watched it last friday.

It was watchable, but far from great.

To sum it up with a quote from the film itself:
    "At Least We Can All Agree The Third One Is Always The Worst."

The ending was a complete ass-pull; which one could only expect from a shonen-manga/anime (Yes, i'm looking at you Sansa).