Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Half of Europe was happy with nazism and Hitler as a leader before 1939. So no wonder if a young queen was charmed by a new Germany dictator.

The problem is that people are applying modern day values and perceptions to something that happened during the early 30's. Not to mention that she was a kid.

It's not the end of the world, no matter what the rabid SJWs say.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    That's because we aren't a presidential republic, we shouldn't have any president in the first place.

How about voting for nobody? Every time he speaks, I'm ashamed of this country. Not like Gasparovic was better, but people mostly thought he was just stupid, representing only his stupidity.
    Because refusing to vote is in fact supporting the winner. It basically means one less vote against the one you don't want to see elected and thus increasing his chance to succeed. You might say one vote doesn't matter, but what if five thousand people think the same?

I find it laughable if we, in Slovakia, consider a slightly above 50% attendance a success. I think the most we ever had was above 60%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Because refusing to vote is in fact supporting the winner. It basically means one less vote against the one you don't want to see elected and thus increasing his chance to succeed. You might say one vote doesn't matter, but what if five thousand people think the same?
    Not voting is a clear "we don't want you, we don't care", as we did with European elections. Because presidents don't matter.

Parliamentary elections are something else, though, as they determine our future even if freaking 10% of people vote for them.

Voting for one idiot to prevent another idiot to rule our country is stupid and it shouldn't be like that. Who were you voting for during parliamentary elections? SaS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Yup, it seems a lot of people simply don't realize that their non-vote simply goes (for the most part) to the winner. I've to keep explaining this over here constantly as well IRL to various people...
    It goes to nobody, as your vote is basically worth zero. They will get elected anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2015-07-18 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not voting is a clear "we don't want you, we don't care", as we did with European elections. Because presidents don't matter.
    Wrong, as you said yourself:

They will get elected anyway.
    You have a chance to influence it and if you refuse to use that power, you are in no place to bitch about it when situation doesn't go as you want. You voted "I don't care" anyway, no? If you don't want somebody elected, then vote against him. Simple as that.

- - -

Who were you voting for during parliamentary elections? SaS?
    Yes, I voted for them as I thought they are party representing my ideals, but sadly they turned out to be morons and failed. Now I am honestly not sure what to vote for.

Deleted
    How many jews did she kill?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    That we know about?
    No the number you would like.

Deleted
    Wrong, as you said yourself:

You have a chance to influence it and if you refuse to use that power, you are in no place to bitch about it when situation doesn't go as you want. You voted "I don't care" anyway, no? If you don't want somebody elected, then vote against him. Simple as that.
    I would probably bitch even if Fico or some other idiot was elected. I would be ashamed of all of them. But the point is, besides of them bringing a shame to our nation, they don't do anything, because we're a parliamentary republic. What can they do? Send our army of 17000 somewhere?

Yes, I voted for them as I thought they are party representing my ideals, but sadly they turned out to be morons and failed. Now I am honestly not sure what to vote for.
    Wasn't it clear from the start that SMER would win? Wasn't it clear that no center-right party was willing to form a majority with SMER?
    I thought that SNS would get 5%, like they always did, but I was worried that they would be too incompetent to join SMER, so I voted for HZDS (for which I would never vote for before), so they can slow down SMER.
    And now SMER rules the country as one party with majority of seats. Great.

You might say one vote doesn't matter, but what if five thousand people think the same?
    What if they do?
    Is there a reason to think the political tendencies of that group don't correlate with those of the ones that do vote?
    Their global choice -not voting- has the same effect in the total result.
    Except, if no-votes are tallied, it's a valuable political statement by The People as to how disenfranchised they feel.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2015-07-18 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    It's not the end of the world, no matter what the rabid SJWs say.
    I'm not convinced that anyone who has ever seen The Sun would say they qualify as "rabid SJWs". Unless SJW stands for Scummy Journalist Wankers, in which case they do.

This is a paper that is read by people the Daily Mail readership would think are a bit too harsh on the EU and immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    The salute existed long ago, before known as the "nazi" salute. As well, it is The Sun, barely that much worth of a paper.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Fortunately for society, yes, they do have a place to bitch anytime they want.
    You personally not approving of their voting techniques does not revoke their right to protest.

I just saw this reported on the TV news. They didn't even bother to explain that it was the Bellamy salute at the time. Like whut? Even the "real" news can't be bothered to Google basic history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I just saw this reported on the TV news. They didn't even bother to explain that it was the Bellamy salute at the time. Like whut? Even the "real" news can't be bothered to Google basic history.
    1933 probably Hitler salute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Except, if no-votes are tallied, it's a valuable political statement by The People as to how disenfranchised they feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Fortunately for society, yes, they do have a place to bitch anytime they want.
    You personally not approving of their voting techniques does not revoke their right to protest.
    What purpose does that statement serves then? Someone has to be in a power, someone has to be elected. Those who eventually win elections do NOT care about you refusing to vote, but you will care for several years if you disagree with them. This is the problem.

I am not saying you aren't right to feel certain way, but refusing to vote isn't a solution to a bigger problem. If you really (And I mean really) feel disenfranchised, then you can still form your own party and try to win elections and try to make a change.

Deleted
    What if I disagree with all major parties?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What if I disagree with all major parties?
    Choose lesser evil?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL.......

Yes, the salute existed before the Nazis.. In fact, they adopted it, not invented it.. But it's irrelevant.... They didn't raise their arms to hail Cesar....
    BUT....
    1. Does it not change the point and fact that they clearly saluted for that very reason, the Hitler greeting..
    2. Is it not a big deal at all, giving the time the picture was taken. It only shows that the lines were a lot more blurred than they are sometimes suggested in history accounts.
    1933 was 2 years before the war started... It would require fortune teller qualities to foresee what's gonna happen, and how it pans out 10 yrs later.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    If we had to condemn every young person who blindly follows a popular political movement without fully understanding it or even knowing the bad, especially due to propaganda telling the opposite and justifying it. We would run out of graves to put those people in.

As Hitlers military "side" of the political party liked nothing more than to bully and even execute other minded, this was before there was an SS, at the early days of hitler political career and the reason he got so far in the first place.

(Ironically that wing became even more violent and hitler had its leader assassinated to take over full control of this group)

From heart to sun. Nothing special.