Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Resto druid trinket help!

Hello everyone, I'm in one of those first world problem situations. Have so many trinkets and I am unsure about which 2 I should use.

The trinkets are:

- Flickering Felspark (Normal)
    - Unstable Felshadow Emulsion (Normal)
    - Chipped Soul Prism
    - Ironspike Chew Toy (Heroic)
    - Auto-Repairing Autoclave (Normal)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Buriz/advanced
    Here's my character, thanks in advance fine folk of MMO-C!
    Don't try to fix what's not broken~

Deleted
    Unstable Felshadow Emulsion is easily the best, Chipped Soul Prism is easily the worst. Don't let that 705 ilvl fool you into thinking it's good.

I'd go with Flickering Felspark after that, replace with Socrethar trinket when/if you get it.

I'd go into most fights with felspark+emulsion, and if you feel like mana is an issue, try swapping out felspark for chew toy, and if that isn't enough, then go up to autoclave

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killed a couple of bosses and going with Felspark + Emulsion it was great! But alas the "problem" continues, now I got Intuition's Gift (with avoidance) from coin and pondering if it is good enough to replace Felspark with?

Thanks in advance!
    Don't try to fix what's not broken~

it depends on personal preference and the fight for that comparison, I dont have gift on my druid so I don't really know how well it works, but just feel free to try it out on bosses where you'd prefer a short healing buff to static stats

10+ Year Old Account
    Itemization on the Flickering Felspark is perfect for restro druids as it has basically the perfect stats (Int, Haste, Mastery, Spirit). Emulsion gets better as more healers have it as the leech is calculated from effective healing. The Sorcethar trinket (Demonic Phylactery) is probably 2nd best next to the class trinket (Seed of Creation).

Intuition's Gift is better suited towards Disc Priests for the crit ability.
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2015-08-04 at 01:42 PM.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post

Intuition's Gift is better suited towards Disc Priests for the crit ability.
    True, but if you use Intuition's gift with Tranq, you can get some seriously large heals! It can definitely be a great trinket for us.

Emulsion gets better as more healers have it as the leech is calculated from effective healing.
    This sentence makes zero sense. UFE is good on it's own regardless of who has it or hasn't.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcursis View Post
    True, but if you use Intuition's gift with Tranq, you can get some seriously large heals! It can definitely be a great trinket for us.
    Hmm... maybe but that's only really at most 2 uses of IG with Tranq. I suppose if you paired it with ToL and unglyph regrowth you could get more usage from it. But then again, it means moving away from a static bonus to haste and mastery (from Felspark).

Ultimately, I suppose if you need the burst healing then IG could be a good replacement but requires a shift in corresponding talents/glyphs

Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    This sentence makes zero sense. UFE is good on it's own regardless of who has it or hasn't.
    Ok let me rephrase: The more healers with UFE, the more self healing from the leech procs (basically free self healing). Which means that healers can spend less time healing themselves and focus on healing others. Effectively, the more healers with UFE, the cumulative leech begins to function like an extra (albeit weaker) healer.

So 4 healers with UFE, specifically throughput healers, makes it feel like there's a 5th healer... well a part time 5th healer.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Come on guys, get real.

You run with phylactery and shadowfel emulsion. There is no choice.

Phylactery for its ultimate mana regen. Which is a thing all druids need. (And im not even talking about the bonus int and haste on it)
    If you use every global cd then thats 1 cast per second (or more, depending on haste). So, putting it to MP5 that would be 5 * 639 (Hc version) = 3195 mana per 5 seconds. That would be roughly equivalent to 1500 spirit.

And the shadowfel emulsion, gives roughly 10% more healing and a 500 spirit on top. Whats there to say.

Ok let me rephrase: The more healers with UFE, the more self healing from the leech procs (basically free self healing). Which means that healers can spend less time healing themselves and focus on healing others. Effectively, the more healers with UFE, the cumulative leech begins to function like an extra (albeit weaker) healer.
    uhh... It's not "free healing", it takes up a trinket slot. Using your logic any item slot provides free healing and when 10 dpsers get their class trinket, you get a slightly weaker extra dpser in the raid. No. You just do more healing and they do more dps, that's it. That's how better gear works in RPGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankor View Post
    If you use every global cd then thats 1 cast per second (or more, depending on haste). So, putting it to MP5 that would be 5 * 639 (Hc version) = 3195 mana per 5 seconds. That would be roughly equivalent to 1500 spirit.
    There's a much easier way to calculate this. (Total_amount_of_casts - clearcasting_procs - NS_uses)*Passive. This has some margin of error since you might not have used all CC procs, but it's closer than your method. Assuming 50% haste and spending every global is pretty far fetched to put it mildly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    uhh... It's not "free healing", it takes up a trinket slot. Using your logic any item slot provides free healing and when 10 dpsers get their class trinket, you get a slightly weaker extra dpser in the raid. No. You just do more healing and they do more dps, that's it. That's how better gear works in RPGs.

There's a much easier way to calculate this. (Total_amount_of_casts - clearcasting_procs - NS_uses)*Passive. This has some margin of error since you might not have used all CC procs, but it's closer than your method. Assuming 50% haste and spending every global is pretty far fetched to put it mildly.
    Well, it might not be free healing, but which other trinket will boost your healing by 10-40%? Please enlighten me

Thought that gcd is 1 sec my bad,from 1.5 would be 33% haste though. And yes, aproximations tend to not be exact.

I have all trinkets on heroic. From my experience in mythic, having done the first 6 bosses, I would say the following:

1. Demonic Phylactery Clear BiS. No other trinket comes close.
    2. Unstable Felshadow Emulsion Provides good regen and +10%-15% throughput, on Gorefiend close to 25% (if the addon is reliable).
    3. Auto-Repairing Autoclave Alternative if you need more regen for a fight. Usually inferior though.
    4. Flickering Felspark Alternative if you have too much regen. Usually inferior.
    5. Seed of Creation This is outperformed by at least two other trinkets on every boss I have done.
    6. Intuition's Gift Not meant for druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankor View Post
    Well, it might not be free healing, but which other trinket will boost your healing by 10-40%? Please enlighten me
    Nice attempt on changing the goal posts. It still takes up trinket slot.
    Thought that gcd is 1 sec my bad,from 1.5 would be 33% haste though.
    No, it wouldn't. You need to have 50% haste to achieve 1 second global from 1.5 second base. It's easily testable in game, since 33% is not even hard to obtain. Your Regrowth has cast time equal to global cooldown, so just join LFR and see for yourself.

I dunno why one would say IG is bad, hell at current gear levels we're reaching the points at which crit/multi are able to get very close to haste/mastery in value assuming you have well itemized gear

overall IG's bigger issue is lack of damage patterns that suit to it throughout the instance with the only fights where it's great being killrogg, kormrok and talonpriest (and possibly fel lord) and the fact that these fights, other than fel lord which I haven't seen yet on mythic, aren't that hard to heal through, I mean it's still around a 20% healing boost for 15s even with just the heroic version on top of int and spirit

its bigger issue is just that UFE+phylactery is really really good, but I'd still think IG is preferable to felspark and autoclave in a lot of fights assuming your static stats from the rest of your gear aren't already poorly itemized

if you just meant it's better off being given to another healer though, that's totally correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    5. Seed of Creation This is outperformed by at least two other trinkets on every boss I have done.
    I have played around with this trinket on a few bosses that suit it, roughly I gain 12-16% throughput. I honestly don't believe you will gain more throughput using Autoclave or Felspark on tightly stacked fights. Also I would place it BiS on Gorefiend along with Felshadow Emulsion, it requires a fair amount of smart play with your mana but nothing too difficult.

If you don't need the regen you can easily use Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia as well, 478 mastery + 50%-70% uptime on 1646 int is good throughput. Even the 715 alch trinket isn't half bad.

Unstable Felshadow Emulsion is seriously overvalued- especially when things get on farm and your disc + holy paladins will snipe heals and absorb anything you do before anyone gets as much as 30 leech rating... Only fight I'm currently using it for is Council and Gorefiend. Anything else and there's better throughput trinkets available.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    If you're on farm and your disc + paladins are stealing all the heals, it doesn't matter what trinket you're wearing anyway. I'm pretty sure this was the consensus on the leech trinket in the first place. If an encounter is difficult to heal due to high damage -> leech trinket good, if it's easy to heal -> leech trinket bad but who cares. On fights with sporadic yet still dangerous damage, I'm not sure if I would appreciate the DSI because the proc may very well not be up when you need it. In those situations IG would probably be better but the timer doesn't line up well with most bosses' abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Konahh View Post
    I have played around with this trinket on a few bosses that suit it, roughly I gain 12-16% throughput. I honestly don't believe you will gain more throughput using Autoclave or Felspark on tightly stacked fights. Also I would place it BiS on Gorefiend along with Felshadow Emulsion, it requires a fair amount of smart play with your mana but nothing too difficult.
    This is not really the case. The problem with the class trinket is it only has that proc, no additional regen or throughput. Even if you compare the class trinket to Mythic Autoclave (a trinket 20+ ilvl below the HFC Mythic trinkets), you lose:

-786 Spirit
    -~453 average haste

786 Spirit is worth ~156,000 extra mana on an 8 minute fight. That is worth the equivalent of ~13 extra Wild Growths or 52 extra Rejuvs over the course of the fight that you will be able to afford that you wouldn't otherwise. When you factor in the amount of extra healing you would be able to do with those extra casts, it works out to being in line with - if not higher than the throughput added by the Seed of Creation proc. Plus, you get the haste proc on top of that for more throughput. Plus, it's generally better to have more mana to cast the spells you want to cast than have less mana and being dependent on a random proc.

"A fair amount of smart play with your mana" basically means giving up throughput by casting less spells, effectively offsetting and usually eliminating the gains from doing so in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Unstable Felshadow Emulsion is seriously overvalued- especially when things get on farm and your disc + holy paladins will snipe heals and absorb anything you do before anyone gets as much as 30 leech rating... Only fight I'm currently using it for is Council and Gorefiend. Anything else and there's better throughput trinkets available.
    If you don't need additional healing, spec moonkin.