Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I think the problem is that the filmakers thought the bittersweet irony and sarcastic nature was supposed to be lighthearted comedy.
    I think it's just too complex to turn the books, or even just the first book into a movie. Especially not with a smaller budget.
    The books are actually extremely funny. That could be brought over to the movie too.
    Now, I've seen both, the original English and the synchronized German version. The German version is absolutely horrible (for my taste). It completely misses the subtlety of the English language humor.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think it's just too complex to turn the books, or even just the first book into a movie. Especially not with a smaller budget.
    The books are actually extremely funny. That could be brought over to the movie too.
    Now, I've seen both, the original English and the synchronized German version. The German version is absolutely horrible (for my taste). It completely misses the subtlety of the English language humor.
    Hitchikers guide to the galaxy by the monty python flying circus :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Hitchikers guide to the galaxy by the monty python flying circus :>
    Now that would have been awesome lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The concept of an "infant AI" just seems silly to me. I would take the guy who suggested building one aside, and smack him upside the head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    The concept of an "infant AI" just seems silly to me. I would take the guy who suggested building one aside, and smack him upside the head.
    I liked how it played out in chappy xD

Deleted
    Turn it off, then burn the server and shoot the people who thought this was a good idea.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Proximity trigger for a big ol' lob of acid in the hard drive area. Someone tries to get frisky and take it off campus, boom. Acid everywhere.

My initial thought was C4 but that seemed excessive. Oh, and don't build any data ports into the machine. No USB for you, Mr. AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Put a large red button next to it with the text do not push when the AI is curios enough to push it it destroys itself.

Like in Ulduar.

7+ Year Old Account
    AI would be our kid. At some point kids replace their parents. There can be good or bad kids, we just have to do our best to make it good. Life is risky, there are no guarantees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This is why I'm generally more afraid of people than AI.
    Only chance to stop it though, every other situation will eventually set it free with very likely catastrophic outcome for humans and hey if it makes you any happier, I already wrote how I'd escape as an AI and my idea here is exactly to prevent that kind of thing.