Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, I just finished my first PS4 playthrough of Journey (about my 6th time through with PS3 playthroughs) and there's still nothing quite like it. I bumped into another player mid way through the second zone and we stuck together all the way through.

I'd actually forgotten how magical and zen-like the entire experience can be. Games like this make me glad I've got a PS4, not even taking into account the big-budget games or triple A market.

There's just nothing else like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Well, I just finished my first PS4 playthrough of Journey (about my 6th time through with PS3 playthroughs) and there's still nothing quite like it. I bumped into another player mid way through the second zone and we stuck together all the way through.

I'd actually forgotten how magical and zen-like the entire experience can be. Games like this make me glad I've got a PS4, not even taking into account the big-budget games or triple A market.

There's just nothing else like it.
    To be fair, that's a PlayStation 3 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    While this comment elucidates why you would choose PC over other consoles, it doesn't explain at all why you would choose to only use one console in the first place.
    Wouldn't the explanation of why I choose PC over consoles explain why I would only choose one? If one wants to buy multiple consoles I don't see a problem with that at all so far as they enjoy what they're buying. Some ps4 games are pretty impressive. I just think the PC platform has really gained steam over the last years, no pun, and has huge advantages over consoles. I am in no way shape or form a PC master race elitist. Somebody said that to me once and I just laughed.

If you waited this long to buy a ps4 and want one, wait a few more months. You're likely to see a price drop and a crazy amount of bundles during the holiday. Makes little sense to me to like buy it RIGHT NOW or anything if you've already waited this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    As a PS4 owner, buy an X-box one.

PSN consistently has connection problems.

If I didn't already have a ton of games for PS4 I would switch to x-box one.

Also Halo 5, if you're into that series. It's x-box exclusive.
    Lol I did not expect to see that. What other issues does the PS4 have besides connectivity issues?
    As an Xbox One owner, I'd say you're better off with a PS4 than a Xbox One, but if the question is PC or PS4 buy a PC, it'll go a long way compared to some gaming console.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Wouldn't the explanation of why I choose PC over consoles explain why I would only choose one? If one wants to buy multiple consoles I don't see a problem with that at all so far as they enjoy what they're buying. Some ps4 games are pretty impressive. I just think the PC platform has really gained steam over the last years, no pun, and has huge advantages over consoles. I am in no way shape or form a PC master race elitist. Somebody said that to me once and I just laughed.
    Not that you're being a PC elitist, I just found your post funny. Not in a hostile way or anything.

https://youtu.be/LUX0zNr7YFE

Basically until the Naughty Gods start making PC games, the most technically impressive shit to me is always on a weak console.

They truly are above and beyond every one in the game, it's crazy what they got out of the PS3, and it's looking just as crazy with what they're getting out of the PS4. The scary part is Sony Santa Monica and Qauntic Dream also rival them in this regard and are also both sony exclusive studios. PC has major advantages for most multi plats but the games coming out of those 3 studios have so much more detail, better animations and authentic look then anything I see coming from 3rd parties.

No, not really. That's why I pointed it out.

As long as their are exclusives which exist on different platforms, I will advocate buying different platforms.

I mean, if your comment had said "I haven't seen any exclusives I would want to buy enough to get a console" then that would be explanation enough.

EDIT: Help, it looks like me and Tech are agreeing on something. Sky must be falling brb

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the start of this console generation I thought that PS4 would be THE console to have. Truth is though, unless you really like the handful of exclusives on either console they're both pretty shitty. I bought a PS4, traded it in after it just collected dust. Replaced it with an Xbox One, that mostly collects dust. I don't care about Halo, I didn't care about any of the PS4 exclusives either, I only dust the Xbox off to play Killer Instinct. The majority of my gaming is on PC and iPad (Hearthstone) - And any PC games that don't work so great with a Keyboard and Mouse, I can use my Xbox One controller. That and one game that I play are the advantages of the Xbox for me.

This is a pretty abysmal console generation so far. The lack of any compelling reason to even buy a console is amazing to me, this is the first time in my lifetime (pushing 30) that a console generation has been this far in without 5~ games on either console that I'm excited about / want to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    That's sh*t. Wouldnt expect networking problems on the ps4.
    If it makes you feel any better, I've never had a single connection problem with my PS4. So take that statement with a grain of salt.

also keep in mind that this site is going to be heavily bias twards PC.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is a pretty abysmal console generation so far. The lack of any compelling reason to even buy a console is amazing to me, this is the first time in my lifetime (pushing 30) that a console generation has been this far in without 5~ games on either console that I'm excited about / want to buy.
    To be fair, there are more than 5 games which are good on each console.

There just aren't 5 *exclusive* games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not that you're being a PC elitist, I just found your post funny. Not in a hostile way or anything.

https://youtu.be/LUX0zNr7YFE

Basically until the Naughty Gods start making PC games, the most technically impressive shit to me is always on a weak console.

They truly are above and beyond every one in the game, it's crazy what they got out of the PS3, and it's looking just as crazy with what they're getting out of the PS4. The scary part is Sony Santa Monica and Qauntic Dream also rival them in this regard and are also both sony exclusive studios. PC has major advantages for most multi plats but the games coming out of those 3 studios have so much more detail, better animations and authentic look then anything I see coming from 3rd parties.
    Well, the reason I like PC isn't really the power. Even though it's nice to look at once in a while. I just like games that are fun to me, and naughty dog does make some impressive games. Although I couldn't bring myself to even play the last of us. Even though it was pretty great. The gameplay just wasn't doing it for me. I think ps4 is a great console I'm just not inclined to get it atm. Maybe never, not sure.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2015-07-22 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Then you obviously haven't been around long enough to start grasping at straws.

Although I couldn't bring myself to even play the last of us. Even though it was pretty great. The gameplay just wasn't doing it for me.
    Not to derail but want to expand on that?

I thought the gameplay wasn't as good as the other elements, and maybe felt a bit mismatched, but I did enjoy it. But then I also liked I Am Alive, which had similar gameplay and was pretty polarising for critics.

No, not really. That's why I pointed it out.

As long as their are exclusives which exist on different platforms, I will advocate buying different platforms.

I mean, if your comment had said "I haven't seen any exclusives I would want to buy enough to get a console" then that would be explanation enough.

EDIT: Help, it looks like me and Tech are agreeing on something. Sky must be falling brb
    I said in my first comment "I can live without Sony exclusives". That's just me though. Somebody else may love them.

no real reason to get a Console these days unless you absolutely have to get exclusive titles. (a few a year at most)
    If you already have a PC and it isnt decent it can be brought up to good/great with the same amount of money.
    If you dont have a pc at all then maybe then a console if you cant save for a pc.
    PC is cheaper in the long run simply because you get much better deals on games if you dont need them on day one.
    Controllers will work for most games on PC (some may need extra programs to remap)
    PC doesnt cost more just to play multiplayer (consoles charge you so that you can use YOUR OWN internet connection you pay for already)
    PC has can run all games better and in more detail then on console (unless the game itself is ported badly)
    Many games on PC are Modable so they are better or last longer then their console counterparts.
    PC has the option of mouse and keyboard for games that just doesnt play well with a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by godgunner View Post
    no real reason to get a Console these days unless you absolutely have to get exclusive titles. (a few a year at most)
    If you already have a PC and it isnt decent it can be brought up to good/great with the same amount of money.
    If you dont have a pc at all then maybe then a console if you cant save for a pc.
    PC is cheaper in the long run simply because you get much better deals on games if you dont need them on day one.
    Controllers will work for most games on PC (some may need extra programs to remap)
    PC doesnt cost more just to play multiplayer (consoles charge you so that you can use YOUR OWN internet connection you pay for already)
    PC has can run all games better and in more detail then on console (unless the game itself is ported badly)
    Many games on PC are Modable so they are better or last longer then their console counterparts.
    PC has the option of mouse and keyboard for games that just doesnt play well with a controller.
    Why do people continue to post this shit as if its news?

"No reason to buy a console unless you want the exclusives" - no shit, this the exact reason most people buy consoles.

I mean, outside of consoles being easier to buy and update and use for the average person.

Why do people continue to post this shit as if its news?

"No reason to buy a console unless you want the exclusives" - no shit, this the exact reason most people buy consoles.

I mean, outside of consoles being easier to buy and update and use for the average person.
    Lemme guess. You own a ps4? Which is totally cool. I'm going to be playing SF5 on the PC against ps4 players. That's extremely great.

I'm going to be playing SF5 on the PC against ps4 players. That's extremely great.
    Free win against those SF5 console gamers. Sounds like an easy victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Free win against those SF5 console gamers. Sounds like an easy victory.
    In the beginning oh yea lol.

Lemme guess. You own a ps4? Which is totally cool. I'm going to be playing SF5 on the PC against ps4 players. That's extremely great.
    I have an Xbox One and a Wii U (and a 3DS).

Planning on picking up a PS4 soon for Bloodborne.

Game a lot on Steam also.