Thread: Ring Heirloom

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I was suddenly wondering today if we've been looking at this from the wrong end: the missions each seem to have specific spots on the map where they can spawn. Considering the missions seem to have a 1-3 week timeout before they disappear/reroll, if they have multiple (2+) possible missions in each spot (ie, rolling common vs uncommon vs rare when picking mission as example), then it might be possible to try to game the missions somewhat, by focusing on clearing missions in spots where rare missions can be, and try to get rngesus to pick something you might want.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find any pics showing the locations of the achieve rare missions (rings & mount etc), so I can't confirm this idea... but I did have the same rare 850g mission ("Nothing Gold Can Stay") on 3 different chars today, and it was at the exact same location for all 3 of them, and I had noticed on wowhead that some missions showed exact locations for where they are.
    Maybe if people could screenshot the locations of the rare missions they get & post / up to wowhead, we can try to see if there's a fixed spot for each.

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    I was suddenly wondering today if we've been looking at this from the wrong end: the missions each seem to have specific spots on the map where they can spawn. Considering the missions seem to have a 1-3 week timeout before they disappear/reroll, if they have multiple (2+) possible missions in each spot (ie, rolling common vs uncommon vs rare when picking mission as example), then it might be possible to try to game the missions somewhat, by focusing on clearing missions in spots where rare missions can be, and try to get rngesus to pick something you might want.
    Every mission has a specific spot.

As far as I know, the spawning mechanism doesn't give a shit how full or empty a particular portion of the map is when spawning missions. I've seen 8 missions piled on top of one another while the other side of the map is empty. *shrug*

So, no.

I haven't seen any of them. They're definitely things I want though; I level a lot of alts.

I see a lot of people leveling with that void tendril trinket, though.

I wish I could just get any rare mission at this point. I only get fucking gold and apexis reward missions(other than the gazillions of xp missions).

Deleted
    Since patch I get one after another (only gold ones though). But always only 1 shared with all chars.

Guess something was indeed buged with the "RNG".

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Every mission has a specific spot.

As far as I know, the spawning mechanism doesn't give a shit how full or empty a particular portion of the map is when spawning missions. I've seen 8 missions piled on top of one another while the other side of the map is empty. *shrug*

So, no.
    Since we don't even know how the spawning mechanism works, it would be foolish to ignore ideas to game it. If you just leave all "crap" missions alone *where* rare missions can spawn, then you'll never get the rare missions, because their spawn spot is already occupied by a crap mission. Don't be so quick to dismiss the idea.

the long time a mission would stay on the table before disappearing made sense when every mission took like 2-3 days on average. Now that it's like max 2 days for the super rare missions they should reduce the time they stay up as well imo.

Deleted
    Well, I finally got a left shark mission on an alt, with a level 1 Shipyard that was never leveled above the absolute minimum to access Tanaan. Two lucky epic proccs allowed me to get the chance to 100%. It's something. Then again, this is the first rare mission I've seen in the Shipyards of those necessary for the achievments/the mount/the heirlooms.

That's weird because every time I made an alt go through the shityard quests they got left shark almost immediately even if they didn't even have the plans for the ships that could do it. I have ghostly spyglass on two alts, constantly clearing out where the quests will be and done almost every achievement all that jazz and have yet to see a single ring mission.

Deleted
    Since we don't even know how the spawning mechanism works, it would be foolish to ignore ideas to game it. If you just leave all "crap" missions alone *where* rare missions can spawn, then you'll never get the rare missions, because their spawn spot is already occupied by a crap mission. Don't be so quick to dismiss the idea.

Your idea is good because I've made threads about it that people can't clearly answer. But his point is helpful. If he's seen 8 missions at the same spot (almost same) then that may mean he's right.

"we don't know"
    followed by
    "i know how it works"

foj: Selective reading is selective.
    Anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal. I prefer confirming if something is one way or other, or not.
    If missions can share a spot, then it can be worth gaming. If they don't, then all you can do is spam missions to get new ones.