Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I play demo on every fight that is not full Target more than 80% of the time.
    Those buff are not big enough in my mind to switch but still have to say that i am playing affli on 3 extra boss .
    I have no tier but nice 705 ilvl with bis gear and got all trinkets so likely to be demo much more when got legendary 735 and 4p

Dont like the pvp Haunt Nerfs

I only PvP casually but Affliction feels so strong. It is not really a nerf, more a return to its previous state and to me it was inevitable.

I personally can care less what they do to a class in PVP, as long they are consistant in PVE

Yeah, Aff needed a buff for PVE for sure. It shouldn't have to suffer in a PVE environment due to its strength in PVP. The reverse is also true though, it should be nerfed to equalize any PVE buffs it got, as to not be too strong in PVP. This is why both PVE and PVP should have separate balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by uhhwateva View Post
    Yeah, Aff needed a buff for PVE for sure. It shouldn't have to suffer in a PVE environment due to its strength in PVP. The reverse is also true though, it should be nerfed to equalize any PVE buffs it got, as to not be too strong in PVP. This is why both PVE and PVP should have separate balancing.
    They nerfed Haunt's damage in pvp. Don't recall by exactly how much off the top of my head. Should be on the front page.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Uhhwateva, I agree 100%

Blizzard just needs to input something where spells do X% in pvp and X% pve.

A nerf to affliction PVP is for the best regarding its stability as a pve spec. It really was absolutely doing crazy damage to players. It just lead to pvpers saying it should be nerfed and then leading to pve discussion as well. Now that bs can stop.
    Troll Warlock of <Retaliation> Thrall US. 7/10M | 12/13H

Deleted
    For sure affliction needed a buff in PVE - it wasn't in a very good place and that was compounded by it's lack of tools, no matter how high sustained ST is, you still have a handicap of poor aoe and burst. Going into 6.2 what made affliction look good was it's very strong tier bonus that allowed huge uptimes on Dark Soul and Haunt via Drain soul, which got nerfed (and at 10% it's a poor bonus, only good for sustained tunnelling)

Having a separate damage in PVP was the right way to go. As the dev says, the Drain Soul buff can stay because anyone dumbass enough to let a lock dot them up and channel them with a big purple arrow deserves to die lol

The devs Tweeted before the buffs that they'd do something about PVP

btw, am I right in that the Drain Soul tooltip got updated with the new base damage and 50% effect, but Haunt's didn't? Maybe it's because they already planned the PVP change and it's complicated to have the tooltip showing the two PVE and PVP modifiers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    btw, am I right in that the Drain Soul tooltip got updated with the new base damage and 50% effect, but Haunt's didn't? Maybe it's because they already planned the PVP change and it's complicated to have the tooltip showing the two PVE and PVP modifiers?
    Just the way tooltips are written, some update with hotfixes, some require a client side patch.

Yeah the tooltips have not been changed here (EU) for me for either spells but it is rare that they are prior to a proper patch.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-07-25 at 11:55 AM. Reason: As I make no sense!

what do you think about seed of corruption, i think it needs rework or at least a buff

Quote Originally Posted by almared2440 View Post
    what do you think about seed of corruption, i think it needs rework or at least a buff
    Affliction's AoE could use a rework indeed. I liked SoC in 5.4, where you could have both SB:SoC and SoC on the target and it was copied by Soul Swap. Juicy.

I don't know why they couldn't toss a bandaid fix on it (for now). Halve the damage threshold to explode and/or allow it to explode from all damage sources (not just the casting warlock), slight decrease in cast time, slight increase in damage. Would still probably be on lower end of aoe spectrum but at least worth doing
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't know why they couldn't toss a bandaid fix on it (for now). Halve the damage threshold to explode and/or allow it to explode from all damage sources (not just the casting warlock), slight decrease in cast time, slight increase in damage. Would still probably be on lower end of aoe spectrum but at least worth doing
    I think its pretty clear by now that affliction and destruction aoe spells are not ment to be used, but are in game for nostalgia reasons.

Deleted
    Oh man... my wl was my favorite char in vanilla - hat 4 max lvl wls and all these buff/nerf threads make me tear... Will watch Noemi pvp movies now children of bodom yeah!

And I still hate what they did to destuction. It's the no brainer average or ok-dude master spec. Affli and demo should dominate, EVERYWHERE! WE ARE THE TWISTING NETHER!!!!

Are todays PTR changes already on live or did they buff Affliction again?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Are todays PTR changes already on live or did they buff Affliction again?
    Those are for 6.2.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Those are for 6.2.1.
    well i doubt they are going to buff haunt and drain soul again. fairly sure that its just tooltip changes.

Well they didnt mention the destro changes at the same time, which had me wondering if these were differences