Page 1 of 3
LastLast

They just buffed everything (almost..)

Recent hotfix added some buffs.

These are the most noticeable ones.

Hunter
    Beast Mastery
    Bestial Wrath now lasts 15 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
    Survival
    Black Arrow, Explosive Shot, and Serpent Sting damage increased by 25%.
    Mage
    Fire
    Dragon’s Breath damage increased by 150%.
    Flamestrike damage increased by 50%.
    Monk
    Windwalker
    Stance of the Fierce Tiger now increases all damage dealt by 10% (up from 5%).
    Paladin
    Retribution
    Sword of Light now increases damage dealt with two-handed melee weapons by 30% (up from 25%).
    Shaman
    Elemental
    Mastery: Molten Earth damage has been increased by 11%.
    Ascendance now has a 2-minute cooldown (down from 3 minutes) for Elemental Shaman.
    Warlock
    Affliction
    Drain Soul damage has been increased by 50%, and now causes all other damage over time spells to instantly deal 50% of their normal damage (up from 40%).
    Haunt damage has been increased by 25%, and now increases periodic damage dealt by 35% (up from 30%).
    Destruction
    Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate, Immolate, Incinerate, and Shadowburn damage increased by 5%.
    Thoughts? WW and Ret buffs was definitely needed. These minor buffs are not enough though.

Affliction buff? Really Blizzard? They are insane in PvP. And these buffs are not exactly minor. Uh!
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2015-07-21 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't care about PvP when they do number balancing. These are all PvE changes. Affliction supposedly sucks in PvE land right now so they got a buff despite being a God spec in PvP right now.

I've lost track of how many times I've seen tweaks/buffs to Sword of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    They don't care about PvP when they do number balancing. These are all PvE changes. Affliction supposedly sucks in PvE land right now so they got a buff despite being a God spec in PvP right now.
    not trying to be mean but people need to realize WoW isn't a pvp game its a game that has pvp but it has always been and will always be a tacked on extra that will never get the majority of attention and buff and changes will always be for PvE first

Affliction is out of control as it is in pvp, these changes will break pvp even more.

haha the survival buff. Because jungle wasn't already retarded, right? Because hunters weren't the scourge of 2s, right?

GETTING A 3RD DPS SPEC to be ridiculous in pve on one class is more important than the entirety of the pvp scene.

Just *booshhhh* my mind is blown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rake the Fearless View Post
    haha the survival buff. Because jungle wasn't already retarded, right? Because hunters weren't the scourge of 2s, right?

GETTING A 3RD DPS SPEC to be ridiculous in pve on one class is more important than the entirety of the pvp scene.

Just *booshhhh* my mind is blown.
    Survival was absolute garbage in PvE though, as even TANKS were beating them in the damage meters.

And Elemental needed any help they can get.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Survival was absolute garbage in PvE though, as even TANKS were beating them in the damage meters.

And Elemental needed any help they can get.
    I repeat: The THIRD dps spec of a class that has one top tier spec and another above middle of the pack spec comes before the ENTIRETY of the pvp scene

LOL

Ret needed a buff? Are we playing the same game?

Deleted
    Those worried about affliction becoming even stronger, it only affects haunt and drain soul. Drain soul isn't casted much anyway since its the locks role is to apply spread pressure, haunt will be pretty powerful now but again, it can be mitigated by locking down the...lock but I'm still quite surprised at how powerful these changes are.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    since its the locks role is to apply spread pressure,
    Yet a lock with a weapon can 100-0 someone solo in about 3 seconds

rofl

Like rly, go play 3s at 2200+ mmr. If you can't get that or cba, go watch streams. It is that fucking bad

Just when you thought Aff Locks weren't gonna get any more OP. Well done, they continue to screw up PvP more and more.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warlock and hunter buffs just seem unnecessary.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Well, PvP died with WoD so they officially threw the towel and admitted they stopped caring.

7+ Year Old Account
    So many of you seem surprised Blizzard is balancing around PvE like always and not PvP. WoW is a PvE game first, then PvP. I feel sorry for anyone who chose WoW to exclusively PvP; not because I think you are an idiot but because the game will never be built with you as a player in consideration first.

Most of you commenting must either never PvE or are new to WoW this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance PvE numbers first, then add PvP modifiers when appropriate.

That should resolve most complaints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I've lost track of how many times I've seen tweaks/buffs to Sword of Light.
    remember back when aspect of the hawk was still a thing? good times

Deleted
    Hunter buffs...

Nothing for Spriest, really?...

https://twitter.com/cm_lore

They are PvE buffs (Affliction)
    Last edited by Cempa; 2015-07-21 at 10:21 AM.

Am I high? Did they just buff affli? What? WHAT?