... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Worst fear combination:
    - NC beats Clemson in ACC champ game
    - Oklahoma runs the tables
    - Bama runs the tables
    - Ohio St beats Iowa
    - ND beats Stanford.

Final four of Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Oklahoma would be 4 of my top 6 fuck off schools. I wouldn't watch a single down of that playoff.
    You would so and you know it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Worst fear combination:
    - NC beats Clemson in ACC champ game
    - Oklahoma runs the tables
    - Bama runs the tables
    - Ohio St beats Iowa
    - ND beats Stanford.

Final four of Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Oklahoma would be 4 of my top 6 fuck off schools. I wouldn't watch a single down of that playoff.
    Well, id probably have to cheer for...Ohio State in that scenario. Because bama fans have nearly universally been annoying in my experience. Probably time they get hit down a peg like Texas fans had to do. Big game Bob cant win the big games and I think OSU is just better than ND.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, the top four is as it should be. But a scary thing will happen when we fin a ton of one-loss teams wondering why they didn't get in. That eight, or even sixteen, team playoff is sure sounding good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Because bama fans have nearly universally been annoying in my experience.

k...kupo...

10+ Year Old Account
    There are exceptions! Like you're cool Pend! Speke mister moogle

Just that the Saban worship is insane, and the Henry for Heisman hype I think is overstated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just that the Saban worship is insane, and the Henry for Heisman hype I think is overstated.
    I've been following the stats. Overall, Henry's around fifth among running backs. And that's just backs. I love the guy, he's a beast, he's a major reason Jake Coker looks good, but he's not close, I think, to being a Heisman.

Oddly enough, looking at 2009, the year Mark Ingram won it, the stats don't match up either. Ingram's stats weren't even close to the best. Each individual category has him fourth or worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I nominate the entire Houston team for Heisman? Or maybe just their coach.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...oma/ar-BBn5jmE

Well if they arent in, this game will be a disaster. I'd hope an ankle and wrist sprian wouldve healed in a week...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...ist/ar-BBn5iii

Also this is the most ANAL breech of contract fight Ive ever seen. Jesus...just settle it grrr
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-11-17 at 06:42 AM.

Can I nominate the entire Houston team for Heisman? Or maybe just their coach.
    Historically, hiring from within the Ohio State coaching tree has proven to be a good choice for a lot of schools. You can tell they're missing Herman in Columbus this year though... the guy was a real honest to god QB-whisperer.

It's looking like Herman will be the new HBC at South Carolina next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Historically, hiring from within the Ohio State coaching tree has proven to be a good choice for a lot of schools. You can tell they're missing Herman in Columbus this year though... the guy was a real honest to god QB-whisperer.
    Agreed. With Herman I think OSU would've been a clear #1 right now with none of their games even being close. The man is a hell of a coach. If he does go to somewhere like SC it'd be good for him and he deserves the opportunity, but I really hate the whole revolving door coaching thing. It'd really suck for Houston if he just spent one season there and then moved on, regardless of how much they're benefiting from this season.

The Saban to Texas rumors are back. Don't think it'll happen, but if one school can afford him it's Texas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    The Saban to Texas rumors are back. Don't think it'll happen, but if one school can afford him it's Texas.
    Yeah read it. It won't happen, since it's mainly the dream of a couple old rich white boosters who prize winning asap over setting solid discipline.

Hate to throw race in there, but it's pretty well known I. The upper crust circles that a few of the boosters are racist and never wanted Strong

Also Saban wouldn't be able to tolerate having to handle the alumni and boosters. That was one of the best things about Mack: he knew how to handle those egos while managing his own football team
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-11-21 at 02:44 AM.

Also Saban wouldn't be able to tolerate having to handle the alumni and boosters.
    Nick Saban is the head coach at the University of Alabama. He has experience dealing with rich boosters whose racial opinions of black folk are directly related to how fast they can run and how high they can jump.

The rumors don't make any sense because even in terms of prestige, Texas is merely a lateral move from Alabama. Same could be said of Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Michigan, USC etc... I just don't see why you would leave any one of these programs to go to another when you're already enjoying success.

*I guess I'll add that I really think if Strong were to leave Texas of his own volition for the Miami job, it would be a huge mistake and he'd be shorting himself a big opportunity. He owns one of the most humiliating upsets in the history of the Red River Rivalry and despite what a couple of 30-for-30's & the U of M alumni would have you think, Miami isn't part of that aforementioned group of historic blue bloods.
    Last edited by GG you got me; 2015-11-21 at 11:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, Alabama has essentially let Saban do whatever he wants. That won't be true at Texas, especially as there are many more notable important people as alumni. Alabama may be just as good an athletic program, but academically they're nowhere near as important. So I wouldn't wish having to deal with our boosters on anyone lol.

But yeah speculation is pointless. There has been zero sign of Strong wanting to leave, and he has the full support of the interm AD and President and students. It would be silly of him to do so when he has at least another year to improve the program. Not to mention it would royally screw his freshman recruits like Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Scoreless against FIU at halftime. Sigh...just another Florida game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Scoreless against FIU at halftime. Sigh...just another Florida game.
    How dare you... they were playing Florida Atlantic!

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare you... they were playing Florida Atlantic!
    Don't care. Florida shouldn't be takihg unranked teams to overtime. Take a lesson from Bama and score 49 in the first half. You're not gonna beat teams unless you...you know, score points.

If Herbstreit could stop saying "attacking downhill" every other sentence, that'd be fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I wouldn't say I'm bitter, but I hope Michigan State's classless kicker gets cancer of the dick.

Not sure why Ohio State ever hired an OC from a Nebraska coaching staff that was being summarily fired, but this would probably be a good time for their administration to consider if squandering a team with that much talent isn't perhaps grounds for dismissal after the season is over.

Not sure why Ohio State ever hired an OC from a Nebraska coaching staff that was being summarily fired, but this would probably be a good time for their administration to consider if squandering a team with that much talent isn't perhaps grounds for dismissal after the season is over.
    Agreed. It was a really depressing game to watch today. 5 first downs all game? After that game, we should barely be in consideration for ANY bowl game.