Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Ok state looks like they'll lose too. Big 12 might be outside looking in again. Unless OSUs loss makes room for a 1 loss team

- - - Updated - - -

And if ok St loses, big 12 shouldn't be in playoff. I've done all combos in my head and there will still be combos of a beat b, b beat c, but a list to c.

- - - Updated - - -

Also TVU game is giving me heart attack. Kinda amazed OU can't stop a TCU offense that has neither Boykin or doctson playing lol

- - - Updated - - -

One blocked throw away from winning. Alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

Also TVU game is giving me heart attack. Kinda amazed OU can't stop a TCU offense that has neither Boykin or doctson playing lol

- - - Updated - - -

One blocked throw away from winning. Alas...
    Well, TCU fans have to feel good about being able to get back in that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Well, TCU fans have to feel good about being able to get back in that game.
    Yep! Almost made it! Also gave us a good look at what next year will be like. Tough but I think we'll get over .500. But man, if Boykin was in we woulda won for sure.

But big 12 is def out of playoffs. Baylor lost to OU too bad, Ok state just got blown out, TCU is 2 loss, and OU has that Texas loss (in addition to almost losing to a Boykinless and Doctsonless TCU)
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-11-22 at 05:27 AM.

Not sure why Ohio State ever hired an OC from a Nebraska coaching staff that was being summarily fired, but this would probably be a good time for their administration to consider if squandering a team with that much talent isn't perhaps grounds for dismissal after the season is over.
    Except he isn't offensive coordinator. He's co-offensive coordinator to the offensive coordinator Ed Warinner. Maybe get your facts straight first? And Nebraska's offensive was amazing under Tim Beck. It was our defense that was awful.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...t.html#coaches

- - - Updated - - -

Yep! Almost made it! Also gave us a good look at what next year will be like. Tough but I think we'll get over .500. But man, if Boykin was in we woulda won for sure.

But big 12 is def out of playoffs. Baylor lost to OU too bad, Ok state just got blown out, TCU is 2 loss, and OU has that Texas loss (in addition to almost losing to a Boykinless and Doctsonless TCU)
    Whoever wins the Oklahoma State/Oklahoma game is likely in. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Except he isn't offensive coordinator. He's co-offensive coordinator to the offensive coordinator Ed Warinner. Maybe get your facts straight first? And Nebraska's offensive was amazing under Tim Beck. It was our defense that was awful.
    I'm well aware that he's the co-offensive coordinator. He's also the QB coach (replacing Herman), and I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy it when I start drawing comparisons between the 2014 QB-play & playcalling, and 2015.

I understand that as a Nebraska fan in the 21st century you have a skewed perspective on what constitutes amazing, so no offense taken otherwise.

*Not that you really want to start entangling yourself in facts, but Beck has been calling the plays from upstairs in the booth since about Week 4. Warinner is a sideline coach.
    Last edited by GG you got me; 2015-11-22 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alabama's gonna DESTROY Florida in the SEC title game. Florida may be able to stop Bama's offense for awhile, but there's no chance the Gators can score a single point with an offense like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Alabama's gonna DESTROY Florida in the SEC title game. Florida may be able to stop Bama's offense for awhile, but there's no chance the Gators can score a single point with an offense like that.
    Yeah, the Red Sea is really parting for Alabama late in the year. This Florida team has to be pretty hard for Grier to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id place my bets on Ok state. It's in Stillwater, and OU apparantly only barely handled an anemic TCU team.

Although even if Ok state gets in, the other teams will roflstomp them.

Id place my bets on Ok state. It's in Stillwater, and OU apparantly only barely handled an anemic TCU team.

Although even if Ok state gets in, the other teams will roflstomp them.
    Well, they did lose Mayfield when a TCU player took it upon themselves to spear him in the back of the cabeza.

I think the OU/Ok.St game is a toss up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they did lose Mayfield when a TCU player took it upon themselves to spear him in the back of the cabeza.

I think the OU/Ok.St game is a toss up.
    Musts missed that. If true, I hope he got ejected for it

Ok found the clip. It happens so fast I can't tell if intentional or accidental. Better safe than sorry I suppose
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-11-22 at 06:44 AM.

Musts missed that. If true, I hope he got ejected for it

Ok found the clip. It happens so fast I can't tell if intentional or accidental. Better safe than sorry I suppose
    Eh, it happens. Call it & move on just as they did, whether intentional or not the tackler demonstrated a dangerous inability to control their body on a play and nobody was terribly hurt.

OU with Mayfield should be a good match for Ok. State.

The Big 12 will most likely get screwed for not having a 13th game again this year. How long before they add a Houston/BYU or something to get that championship game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    The Big 12 will most likely get screwed for not having a 13th game again this year. How long before they add a Houston/BYU or something to get that championship game?
    Most people think the Big-12 is looking to add Cincinnati + X. Gives WVU a regional rival in the conference, Cinci's a perennial basketball power with a lot of history in that sport so Kansas can have a roundball buddy, potentially opens the Ohio football television market to the Big-12.

A fair number of reasons it would make sense.
    Last edited by GG you got me; 2015-11-22 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it happens. Call it & move on just as they did, whether intentional or not the tackler demonstrated a dangerous inability to control their body on a play and nobody was terribly hurt.

OU with Mayfield should be a good match for Ok. State.
    Well accidental typically means no ejection, so it does matter a bit. He'll miss the 1st half of next game but... Eh. Hopefully Boykin is back. Think Doctson is out for the year, which is probably Patterson trying to make sure he doesn't have a career ending injury or one that harms him in the draft. He has more than proven himself these past two years.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-11-22 at 08:22 AM.

Well accidental typically means no ejection
    It was bad beyond the intent in this case. It was the QB, back of the helmet, on the ground etc etc. Even if we think it's debatable I don't think it was a hard decision for the refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was bad beyond the intent in this case. It was the QB, back of the helmet, on the ground etc etc. Even if we think it's debatable I don't think it was a hard decision for the refs.
    Like I said too fast for me to tell so I can't object to it. I have seen some questionable targeting calls however...

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    Big 12 Champion with 1 loss > Notre Dame

IMO

(in addition to almost losing to a Boykinless and Doctsonless TCU)

So just so I have this straight.. OU is getting trashed because they barely beat a Boykinless/Doctsonless TCU and ONLY because TCU got a targetting call on Mayfield and put him out for the entire second half. Knight is trash. Yes, OU defense went half retard that 4th quarter. That second half with Baker would NOT have been as close as it was if he stayed in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    So just so I have this straight.. OU is getting trashed because they barely beat a Boykinless/Doctsonless TCU and ONLY because TCU got a targetting call on Mayfield and put him out for the entire second half. Knight is trash. Yes, OU defense went half retard that 4th quarter. That second half with Baker would NOT have been as close as it was if he stayed in.
    and TCU wouldnt have been as impotent if Boykin and Doctson had been in. So...about even on the "missing key stars" there.

and last I checked, Mayfield DID play against Texas

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    If there is any OU trashing, I don't think you can ignore that it may stem from losing to 2015 Texas more than anything that happened in the TCU game. lmao