Thread: Mythic Kormrok

Deleted

Mythic Kormrok

Hi,

I see some guilds kill Kormrok before the third pool, for us, Kormrok is 20% when it jumps into the third pool.

Our raid composition is 4 healers.

Order: Green> Orange> Purple.

The purple pool is chaotic, the raid is at the center of the room, we have to manage a powerful explosive rune, hands and overflow.

You would have some advice for me? Whether on positioning or how you handle the runes for example?

We use Exorsus with a single investment in three basin.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc213932703f; 2015-07-21 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorys View Post
    Our raid composition is 5 healers.
    It is EASILY a 4 heal fight. Other than the poundings, the healing requirement is pretty average.

Deleted
    5 healers? Are you kidding me? Check logs mate, the normal composition is 3 healers, there are a few logs with 4 (bad) healers but you shouldn't need that

Deleted
    4 Heals sorry, not 5

Druid, Shaman, Paladin, Priest.

The point of 3 healing is to kill the boss entirely before

we have to manage a powerful explosive rune, hands and overflow.
    That happens (with runes at 4:40, hands at 4:50, and a pound the will probably kill the whole raid at 5:00). Any guild that's killed HFA should have the DPS to 3 heal and kill Kormrok before that combination of abilities (or at least in the middle of it before the Pound hits). You probably won't have the DPS to kill it in time using 4 healers until a large part of your raid has legendary rings. Something like 80% or 90% of guilds 3 heal it and that's the target kill point. Chances are you'll still have to live through one empowered waves, but if you can get to that point with everyone alive you pretty much win as long as no more than 2 or 3 people die to the waves.

Deleted
    We gonna try with 3 heals, our best try was 18% with 4 heals but we died when the empowered explosives runes with empowered hands comes.

With 3 heals, how many player on empowered explosives runes, and class ?

Deleted
    We gonna try with 3 heals, our best try was 18% with 4 heals but we died when the empowered explosives runes with empowered hands comes.

We only used 2 players, double rogue. Rogue and hunters is also viable though. We handled it like so > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wos6vv05_ao#t=1m30s.

Deleted
    Thanks for your vidéo

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're three healing the enrage for your group pretty much comes up when the explosive rune > dragging hands > pound combo happens shortly before the 5 minute mark. If the boss isn't dead around this point, it's incredibly likely you're going to wipe.

Hardly any healing in the encounter if done properly, proper spacing for dragging hands (with combinations of barriers, devotion, smoke bombs and SLTS) and proper spacing on pounds and nobody should die. At 100% health, I'm not even sure pound can kill people as long as they aren't splashing it to a single person.

People three heal it because the combo listed above is absolute aids as basically everything is happening in a really short period of time. You basically have to do the empowered runes in about 5 seconds, stack up, kill the dragging hands in about 3-4 seconds then spread out because pound happens right at that time. It's pretty likely deaths are going to occur at that point regardless of how many healers you have, but if you do get past that point with a moderate amount of people alive, you will kill the boss. After that combo you have basically 20-25 seconds before the boss jumps in his next pool, to which the only thing going on is empowered waves.

During the empowered explosive runes, we assigned one person to each spot (rogues, hunters, mages). You have to make sure that each person soaks their rune twice before anyone soaks the middle rune. Most of our wipes initially were caused by someone prematurely stepping into the middle rune.

We 3 healed with a shaman, disc, and paladin. After the 3 colour wave set, we soak all the runes really quickly, then run in close to the boss for hands. We don't stack for these hands because the boss is usually at 1-2% and we ignore them. We kill him while we are being dragged away. Pound never occurs. I'm sure that with the rings this week we won't get the hands at all.

We 4 healed our first kill, literally the only hard part of the encounter is around the 5 minute mark when you have to deal with Runes in 10 seconds, then hands, during which you get pound. Pop lust on hands, nuke the hands to hell instantly and spread out. GG you killed the boss.

Deleted
    Hi,

I see some guilds kill Kormrok before the third pool, for us, Kormrok is 20% when it jumps into the third pool.

Our raid composition is 4 healers.

Order: Green> Orange> Purple.

The purple pool is chaotic, the raid is at the center of the room, we have to manage a powerful explosive rune, hands and overflow.

You would have some advice for me? Whether on positioning or how you handle the runes for example?

We use Exorsus with a single investment in three basin.

Thanks.
    just go orange > purple >green. It's the easiest order to do (I know I know people think that purple is a super difficult - it is not). This order have one big adventage - boss will jump on the 3 pool on 4:20, so you have +20 sec before the enrage phase and with 3 healers you should kill him right after the first ability (hands) on 3 phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyleight View Post
    just go orange > purple >green. It's the easiest order to do (I know I know people think that purple is a super difficult - it is not). This order have one big adventage - boss will jump on the 3 pool on 4:20, so you have +20 sec before the enrage phase and with 3 healers you should kill him right after the first ability (hands) on 3 phase.
    The boss always jumps at 4:20, fyi. Not just with your order.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The boss always jumps at 4:20, fyi. Not just with your order.
    no he isn't, fyi
    Last edited by mmocef085f1823; 2015-07-22 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyleight View Post
    no he isn't
    You're right, looked at timestamps, seems he gets shadow energy 20 seconds earlier, although that has no real bearing on the flow of the fight as far as I can see on casts. We kill it so quick now that he actually dies at the 4:20 mark, thought it was much later which is why I thought he lept later >.<.

That said, with a explosive->purple->green order, he uses abilities in this order:

Total:
    3x Empowered runes.
    1x normal, 1x empowered hands.
    1x normal, 3x empowered waves.
    5x Pounds.

0:25 - Empowered runes.
    0:33 - Burst on tank.
    0:43 - Pound.
    0:57 - Grabbing hands.
    1:05 - Burst on tank.
    1:15 - Waves.
    1:35 - Pound.
    1:47 - Burst on tank.
    1:55 - Empowered runes.
    2:17 - Empowered waves.
    2:37 - Swat tank.
    2:47 - Pound.
    3:01 - Empowered runes.
    3:09 - Swat tank.
    3:17 - Grasp.
    3:29 - Pound.
    3:41 - Swat tank.
    3:50 - Empowered waves.
    And then a giant gap here till
    4:30 - Dragging hands.
    4:35 - Crush tank.
    4:43 - Pound.
    4:54 - Empowered waves.
    5:06 - Crush tank.
    5:10 - Empowered explosive.
    5:20 - Pound. (our slowest kill doesn't go this far so not counting the abilities).

VS Green-Orange-Purple:

0:25 - Dragging hands.
    0:33 - Crush tank.
    0:44 - Pound.
    0:59 - Waves.
    1:15 - Crush tank.
    1:24 - Runes.
    1:35 - Pound.
    1:47 - Crush tank.
    1:54 - Dragging hands.
    2:18 - Empowered runes.
    2:26 - Burst on tank.
    2:36 - Pound.
    2:51 - Dragging hands.
    2:59 - Burst on tank.
    3:07 - Waves.
    3:28 - Pound.
    3:40 - Burst on tank.
    3:48 - Empowered runes.
    4:10 - Empowered waves.
    4:22 - Swat.
    4:30 - Pound.
    4:40 - Empowered runes.
    4:45 - Swat.
    4:51 - Dragging hands.

4x Empowered hands.
    2x Normal waves, 1x empowered.
    1x normal, 3x empowered runes.
    5x Pounds.

So you get 2x hands more (last one we ignore and kill boss) in 5 minutes, 1 rune more, (but it's a normal one), and 1x wave less (and 3x empowered vs 1x empowered).
    Depends what suits your abilities really - I'd say that dealing with Hands is far less dangerous than dealing with waves, but that's just me I guess. We lust up as first hands go out and they die to passive cleave, don't even have to do anything for the first, while with explosive's first, people lose uptime soaking them during initial CDs/trinkets/lust W/E.