Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pakistan is just as "radical" as Iran in their ideology. For now the reason why nuclear weapons are not used is of course of Mutually Assured Destruction. Goodness forbid if a nuclear weapon is ever used it will be by some terrorist or Bond villain. In a world of rainbows and unicorns, would I love that no country has has nuclear weapons, yes. I know God founded the U.S. and Jesus wrote the Constitution, but other countries see us as an aggressor and will say they want weapons as a deterrent.

Deleted
    Will the US vote trump or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    What's the short end? Another Pakistan?
    Is Pakistan constantly threatening to blow up India?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Will the US vote trump or not?
    There are more than enough Trump threads already going.

People tell him he's tremendous at negotiating nuclear deals though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I can see a conflict or a potential disbandment within a decade, depends on how well the deal goes
    The IRGC seems like its far too entrenched to be actually disbanded (at least, absent a revolution that makes Iran's government more 'republic' and less 'theocracy'), but I can easily imagine a strong "anti-corruption" purge under the right circumstances. (It could easily get really bloody, or go badly, though I'm sure the conventional Iranian armed forces would be happy to support anyone going after the IRGC in any capacity. ) The Revolutionary Guard has strong elements that are a long way from being "squeaky clean" ethically, and they have their own entrenched interests, economic and otherwise (just like the "moderates"), that don't always line up with the hardline clergy (some of whom are sincere, if fanatical, and some of whom are not and have their own vested interests at odds with the IRGC's).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    A good move in the future to restore relations in the middle east as we are no longer letting countries as SA or Israel dominate the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    That is the issue... the future is incredibly unpredictable. There is no such thing as guaranteed peace and safety. The fact that within Iran and right outside of it, there are some very extremist muslim groups, who are only getting pissed off more and more every passing day by military missions and bombings happening against them by the US, UK, etc, could pose a serious risk as to who will eventually will gain control of the area.

The deal should've gone along with a NATO membership and the construction of NATO bases within Iran, but I'm not sure who would want to have that blood on their hands either...
    Don't be silly - we can't possibly let the Iranians into NATO; they'd want to keep flying their old POS F-14s, instead of the awesome new F-35s!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving money to a state that supports terrorism never ends well.

I'm pretty sure that this deal will end up being a huge embarrassment for US in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    There are more than enough Trump threads already going.

People tell him he's tremendous at negotiating nuclear deals though.
    The Iran angle is totaly changing with which president the US elects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    A good move in the future to restore relations in the middle east as we are no longer letting countries as SA or Israel dominate the conversation.
    Just to note, most countries were fine with using Israel as a way to dominate conversation, made what they were doing a bit less covered. Who cares if 250k people died in Syria in a short period of time when some shit just went down in Israel/Gaza. This is based on Al Jazeera coverage

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Is Pakistan constantly threatening to blow up India?
    Yes, and India is saying the same, with China ensuring they play nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Iran angle is totaly changing with which president the US elects.
    If that's the case let me simplify the scenarios for you...

Donald Trump will not be president.

Deleted
    If that's the case let me simplify the scenarios for you...

Will he be candidate?

Will he be candidate?
    Not a viable one,and not one who will be moving the needle on Iran.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Think it sux, and guarantee within 10 years its gonna be the cause of ww3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Will you come back here in 10 years fall on your knees and beg for forgiveness if you are wrong?

Citation please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Citation please.
    the pleas of any sane individual

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the region will now become totally nuclear over time to be able to counter whatever Iran has in store for them in the coming decade. i think will know by the beginning of the next decade whether or not the deal worked out. If there is war by then then obviously the deal did very little, but delay the inevitable. I think Iran really just becomes a more dangerous North Korea and they won't hesitate to use their weapons on their neighbors or the entire region. I also think that Russia or i should say Putin will do everything in its power to make Iran a much more dominate force in the region than they already are and the ties between the two countries will also grow stronger. Putin is not done sticking it to the US and the rest of Europe. Between Russia, North Korea, China, and now with Iran. Nuclear War looks ever closer than it has in any decade prior. The west is about to be school and school well by these countries and there is nothing to stand in their way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    No, I don't think any country (Pakistan, China, Russia, US, France, UK, etc.) with nukes will not want to start a global nuclear war.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.