Why is Azsuna taking so long??? We freaking have been at 108 with 4 zones foreverrrrr.... I was hyped until I saw no new zone :/

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Can't start the PTR build until they are feature complete beta .... that's just a technical limitation pretty much.
    if they release the last specs next week then they can release ptr all that will be tested on ptr will be specs and demon hunter area maybe and some possible invasions stuff here and there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Makes sense since her other model is.. a spider!

http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=106087/elerethe-renferal
    Now that you say that, it makes more sense. There is a spider web area, the place where Thunder Bluff floats.

Edit: Also a NightmareSpiderBoss model was added, thought that was for catacombs initially.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Can't start the PTR build until they are feature complete beta .... that's just a technical limitation pretty much. But that's only max level implemented + all classes and specs implemented. So it could be a build or two away.
    No, they don't. Unlike beta, PTR doesn't need the artifacts to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cenarius looks like he could be next on the testing list. Has quite a complete entry now, don't think there was one before this build

If I had to guess, Cenarius and Trillax are the next ones up for testing. (Not sure about if there's a boss room for Trillax though)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    PTR does however need the code to be written for most of the stuff. That's the limiting 'feature' complete I'm talking about.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    true and all they need is profession 1 to 700 working and wardrobe tab not much else

PTR does however need the code to be written for most of the stuff. That's the limiting 'feature' complete I'm talking about.

they have the code down and we dont know how many build a head they are
    i do think they are limited what ppl see for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    true and all they need is profession 1 to 700 working and wardrobe tab not much else
    The PTR build is when the Beta has to be turned into a patch, that requires the classes, professions etc and everything that can be used by a level 100 character day 1 of the patch to be written. Currently you can't even play some characters at level 100, that's not ready for PTR.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

The PTR build is when the Beta has to be turned into a patch, that requires the classes, professions etc and everything that can be used by a level 100 character day 1 of the patch to be written. Currently you can't even play some characters at level 100, that's not ready for PTR.
    you nor i know how many builds ahead they are so we cant say whether or not its ready or not. Base on they pushed a build this week and didnt wait shows they are far ahead plus i think there a reason there holding back a few thing and its not for coding reasons

10+ Year Old Account
    The professions seem to be the real limiting factor. It's not like the specs aren't there though, people have been activating them with the artifact choosing bug.

We probably won't see PTR for another couple months though, definitely after every spec has been activated.

i got question if ptr isnt coming soon then where the season 4 pvp set info

10+ Year Old Account
    PTR can come up with things incomplete, the patch can't -launch- without all the stuff he's describing being complete.

- - - Updated - - -

My response kinda denies this.

You're acting like it all has to be complete for it to be launched on ptr. Not true at all. Maybe they just want to test the world events to start, usually it's up for 2-3 months, not because it's ready to be launched, but because everything has to be tested.

I really hope PTR is soon. With Morhaime saying Legion will launch "on the heels" of the movie I really do think we are going to have a June/July launch. He knows more than all of us and the idiom he used really hints at an early summer release.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    You're acting like it all has to be complete for it to be launched on ptr
    Nope - I'm stating that the it has to be code complete to be launched, not bug free, not parameters complete - just at a point where most of the code is done.

This isn't anything unusual - just at limitation of the process required to start developing the patching process, something the current Alpha doesn't require.

Edit: Seems they have tagged as feature complete with the fork to the new build that just turned up... only just became aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I really hope PTR is soon. With Morhaime saying Legion will launch "on the heels" of the movie I really do think we are going to have a June/July launch. He knows more than all of us and the idiom he used really hints at an early summer release.
    ill give you my guess pre patch april 26 legion 14 or 21

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope - I'm stating that the it has to be code complete to be launched, not bug free, not parameters complete - just at a point where most of the code is done.

This isn't anything unusual - just at limitation of the process required to start developing the patching process, something the current Alpha doesn't require.

Edit: Seems they have tagged as feature complete with the fork to the new build that just turned up... only just became aware of that.
    7.0.3 usually means that it's feature complete. That's where the ptr build usually happens iirc.

So march PTR more than likely, if not sooner. I always thought march PTR was gonna be a thing.

This also gives hope that the xpac release will probably be in June/July.

from what ive seen season 3 should end in april

Season 3 of what?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Season 3 of what?
    The Sopranos....PvP dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    This also gives hope that the xpac release will probably be in June/July.
    It does indeed open up optimism that the pre-patch can occur pre-movie, the movie can announce the release date of the expansion (post movie).

And - I can finally update my spreadsheet

- - - Updated - - -

Might be cool if you told us what you've seen that leads you to this ? Because season 3 has ends just before pre-patch.