90% of the players won't even reach level 10, once you realize that this discussion is useless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    90% of the players won't even reach level 10, once you realize that this discussion is useless
    While i agree to extent a high number of people won't reach 10 i very highly doubt it will be 90% like maybe 20% tops. level 10 takes less then 2 hours even for completely new players, hell my 9 year old nephew did level 10 in 1 and half hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    race against time, i would love to see how would they do that, from a business point, they must release the prepatch before the movie, otherwise they will turn new people away
    Note however, they can still release the main expansion in September, having a long pre-patch won't be a show stopper. After all - it does break the content drought to some extent.

So maybe Pre-patch May 20th (in time for movie release), then they have 4 months to get the expansion content finished. That is not a problem at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    While i agree to extent a high number of people won't reach 10 i very highly doubt it will be 90% like maybe 20% tops. level 10 takes less then 2 hours even for completely new players, hell my 9 year old nephew did level 10 in 1 and half hours.
    Level 10 Goblin and level 10 Panda (both mages as I play mage as main) both took 2 hours. About half of that was walking from place to place. Levelled them both to get the race pets.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Level 10 Goblin and level 10 Panda (both mages as I play mage as main) both took 2 hours. About half of that was walking from place to place. Levelled them both to get the race pets.
    :X Did you intentionally choose the 2 ridiculously long zones.

An orc mage isn't going to take anyone used to MMO's 2 hours to get to 10. Maybe if they're really not a gamer or are looking around rather than completing their quests etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    :X Did you intentionally choose the 2 ridiculously long zones.
    No - I intentionally chose the ones that would give me the two racial pets I didn't have.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Because if they want people to play, they don't want to confuse new players when half their buttons change.

Hunters are a popular class. Imagine they're playing survival and they log on the next day (new/casual players have little concept of patches outside when the launcher says it) they don't use a bow anymore. They've just outright removed that thing they were having fun with and now they have to get new weapons or change to one of the other specs.

That's an awful situation to put a new player in, even if they don't realize it's a one off.
    I have so many questions about how that's going to work. If I play SV Hunter when 7.0 goes live am I just supposed to pick another spec or is my weapon going to magically change into a stick? Because there's a 0% chance that people are going to go out and get a good polearm before the patch.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Whitemane is practically confirmed as the 3rd horseman. There is a quest where you meet Thassarian outside Scarlet monastery.

http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=4281...carlet-assault
    OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER OMFG

she better be the biggest, baddest bitch of the bunch, cause it'd be the coolest if she is.

moar ridiculously powerful ladies.

Death has quelled her madness, but the strength of her spirit remains intact.
    Well that's....odd and weirdly convenient. Is there any precedent for that or is this just terrible writing? I like Whitemane but I feel like her issues shouldn't be magically solved because she died. It definitely doesn't ever seem to work out that way for anyone else.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    While they don't have to have it out before the movie, Not having it out before the movie from a business stand point would quite frankly be crazy "Lets get all these new players used to playing this way" then a month or so later oh guys "You now have to play this way".
    That's all based on the assumption, that the movie does not fail (i.e. mostly warcraft fans visit it to begin with, so no new players at all) AND that the new players will stay (otherwise it's just handing out free stuff for no profit) AND that more new players will stay than old/returning players being put off by a rushed content patch.

Yeah, from a business point of view, rushing a content patch makes complete sense, especially because having people resubscribe once (exp launch), instead of twice (prepatch and exp launch) yields less profit - and that all because one must babysit grown up people to not get confused by overhelming amount of complex changes, i.e, three specs out of 34 recieve an overhaul, with a handful of others recieving more thorough changes, and about 25 or so staying more or less the same entirely.

7+ Year Old Account
    that hearthstone mmo.
    10/10 would play.
    and the WoW toilet paper.
    10/10 would use.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    that hearthstone mmo.
    10/10 would play.
    and the WoW toilet paper.
    10/10 would use.
    Totally pumped for the MMO *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    That's all based on the assumption, that the movie does not fail.
    The movie will undoubtedly fail as a movie - they are spending $100 million on it. It would have to beat Avatar to match WoW's earnings in a year.

The only real function of the movie is a gigantic advertisement for the Warcraft franchise (including WoW).

To that end - one needs to have the product ready when one advertises it. That's not mandatory of course, but it does make a lot of business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    Thats cool oh wait WoD comes with a free lv 90 boost. I guess that makes you a *edited for my own good*

The movie will undoubtedly fail as a movie - they are spending $100 million on it. It would have to beat Avatar to match WoW's earnings in a year.

The only real function of the movie is a gigantic advertisement for the Warcraft franchise (including WoW).

To that end - one needs to have the product ready when one advertises it. That's not mandatory of course, but it does make a lot of business sense.
    I like your optimism. I choose to believe it. I do think it would be a huge mistake to not have prepatch out by movie release or very near by. Don't let me down schwarzkopf

Quote Originally Posted by janzy View Post
    I like your optimism.
    LOL - no-one ever considers me optimistic.

I am 100% firmly rooted in realism.

Thus the caveat "That's not mandatory of course".

It only makes business sense, if the opportunity cost is not too high, but that's not guaranteed here in any way. The returning players will be put off by a rushed prepatch and expansion, majority of the new players is likely to move on - paying a $50 follow up on something you get for "for free" isn't usually well recieved, you'd probably be able to keep more of them by first going for a resub ($10 is cheap/prepatch), then once they're bound have them pay for the expansion -, and that's already assuming that the movie manages to attract more than the usual gamer crowd (worst case: it managed to only attract those familiar/interested in the warcraft universe to begin with)

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    It only makes business sense, if the opportunity cost is not too high, but that's not guaranteed here in any way. The returning players will be put off by a rushed prepatch and expansion, majority of the new players is likely to move on - paying a $50 follow up on something you get for "for free" isn't usually well recieved, you'd probably be able to keep more of them by first going for a resub ($10 is cheap/prepatch), then once they're bound have them pay for the expansion -, and that's already assuming that the movie manages to attract more than the usual gamer crowd (worst case: it managed to only attract those familiar/interested in the warcraft universe to begin with)
    Depends where bugs are present. If it's minor bugs that we often see that largely only affect experienced players, its not really an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else check every hour to see if they have alpha access?

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Ok, that header image got a snort out of me.