10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Argus will mean the end of the World of Warcraft. Honestly, I don't see why we have to focus on a mythological, cosmos-spanning entity to enjoy the game. Why can't we just relax on Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor 2.0? After all, there's enough content for ten to twenty expansions with just those areas alone.
    Argus doesn't mean the end, did you not read the chronicles stuff about void lords?

And you do realize argus is the world kil'jaedins palace is, we'd deal with kil'jaedin -- NOT sargeras yet.

Wow you just want anything to say the games dying.

Not to mention void lords ontop of sargeras still existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    We are not talking about damage or number tuning. If classes are not fully fleshed out it is hard to give feedback on boss mechanics.
    Well considering Blizzard is testing raids with classes not fully fleshed out I'm going to guess they think it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Argus will mean the end of the World of Warcraft. Honestly, I don't see why we have to focus on a mythological, cosmos-spanning entity to enjoy the game. Why can't we just relax on Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor 2.0? After all, there's enough content for ten to twenty expansions with just those areas alone.
    We have a whole universe to explore. They can just expand the lore, add new enemys, let us visit a new planet. There is ALWAYS room for more expansions.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    We are not talking about damage or number tuning. If classes are not fully fleshed out it is hard to give feedback on boss mechanics.
    That just isn't true. You can tell whether or not boss mechanics work without a destruction warlock very simply.
    Destruction Warlocks do not have any mechanic that may cause a boss to work differently. They have no unique utility not shared by other Warlocks, which are available already, and no special considerations that would effect whether or not a boss mechanically works.

The only thing you can't test with Destruction Warlocks missing is how Destruction Warlocks deal with certain mechanics, specifically movement, but those questions can be just as easily answered in dungeon content which is always available for testing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily, it would mean the end if Sargeras himself was there and we'd fight him through some means. Even if that happens I think the Expansion ideas they have IMO are in no particular order.

1. Argus(Big obvious)
    2. Azshara/Under the Sea crazyness
    3. South Seas/what's beyond the other continents
    4. Ogre Empire on Draenor
    5. Underground, Old God hometown territory

Dats it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a lot more faith in a July release with mythic raid testing starting and challenge modes/mythic dungeons starting.

The dungeon one is a huge milestone in getting stuff done.

In the grand scheme of things, just need the rest of class order hall campaigns, rest of mythic dungeons opened, suramar, broken shore, class order hall missions fully fleshed out and then the UI added for adventure mode.

I think April will be a very good month for the alpha/beta.

I just don't have the energy to bother guessing release dates.
    Best case all I'll be able to do is say "I told you so", most likely case I'll just make myself sad.

More sensible to just be patient and play other video games, let it come out when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Argus doesn't mean the end, did you not read the chronicles stuff about void lords?

And you do realize argus is the world kil'jaedins palace is, we'd deal with kil'jaedin -- NOT sargeras yet.

Wow you just want anything to say the games dying.

Not to mention void lords ontop of sargeras still existing.
    The Void Lord nonsense is just additional fluff, and, yes, going to Argus and defeating the Burning Legion will, of course, mean the end to the World of Warcraft as we know it. Furthermore, there's no need to even deal with it in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    We have a whole universe to explore. They can just expand the lore, add new enemys, let us visit a new planet. There is ALWAYS room for more expansions.
    And how are you going to top the Dark Titan, Sargeras, and his minions within the Burning Legion? You can't get more OP than a cosmological entity that spans the multiverse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not necessarily, it would mean the end if Sargeras himself was there and we'd fight him through some means. Even if that happens I think the Expansion ideas they have IMO are in no particular order.

1. Argus(Big obvious)
    2. Azshara/Under the Sea crazyness
    3. South Seas/what's beyond the other continents
    4. Ogre Empire on Draenor
    5. Underground, Old God hometown territory

Dats it.
    We can't defeat Sargeras via normal means.

Defeating Kil'Jaeden would not mean an end to the Legion, we'd have to defeat Sargeras for that. Sargeras would not be the boss in an Argus expansion, because it's Kil'Jaeden's domain.

That said I also don't think we'll ever actually fight Sargeras.

What does the mythic testing mean for the release date of legion. I always see the argument of they didnt even start mythic testing yet.But now that they did does that mean legion is closer than you think
    Be Free! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Yep.
    Link: http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-calc#AgXiIsA and go to the appearance tab, it's the last one.
    Trade chat spam everywhere...

No one knows what it means. Testing has been too weird already. This adds to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprex View Post
    What does the mythic testing mean for the release date of legion. I always see the argument of they didnt even start mythic testing yet.But now that they did does that mean legion is closer than you think
    Yeah, they can't be testing mythic bosses 5 1/2 months before release. It just doesn't make sense.

It debunks the "ITLL BE OUT ON SEPT 21ST" theories pretty hard.

I think July at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Raid testing is about testing if the mechanics work, you absolutely don't need all classes to test that.
    You need classes and specs to test if they are adequately equipped to handle said mechanics not just in terms of numbers but in terms of their toolset.

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    You need classes and specs to test if they are adequately equipped to handle said mechanics not just in terms of numbers but in terms of their toolset.
    You don't though. Few boss mechanics are so unique that they need individual testing for every class.
    A Destruction Warlock's mobility is the only way it really differs from any other Warlock, all of its utility spells are class-wide.

Dungeon boss mechanics will already suffice for testing your spec's mobility, survivability, etc.

It's also not like this is the only round of raid testing that will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't though. Few boss mechanics are so unique that they need individual testing for every class.
    Dungeon boss mechanics will already suffice for testing your spec's mobility, survivability, etc.

People are just throwing any argument they can as to why testing raids with classes like they are is a bad idea and that the xpac will still be out september 21st.

Pretty much one entire side of this forum is in that mindset, lol.

Throw all the shit on the wall and see what sticks guys!!!!

People are just throwing any argument they can as to why testing raids with classes like they are is a bad idea and that the xpac will still be out september 21st.
    And you're the polar opposite, defining things which aren't close to complete, but about halfway to 2/3 complete as "almost complete" resp. "ready for release".

Yeah, they can't be testing mythic bosses 5 1/2 months before release. It just doesn't make sense.

It debunks the "ITLL BE OUT ON SEPT 21ST" theories pretty hard.

I think July at this rate.
    July 7 sounds like a good date + cant wait till the announcement in Pax east lets hope for something big!
    Be Free! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    And you're the polar opposite, defining things which aren't close to complete, but about halfway to 2/3 complete as "almost complete" resp. "ready for release".
    Honestly, the release date will likely bee ahead of what many cynical people think. I just think a good chunk of the hardwork on Blizz's end is done at least creating Legion anyways. 5 month Alpha helps.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A Destruction Warlock's mobility is the only way it really differs from any other Warlock, all of its utility spells are class-wide.

I disagree. Different bosses have different mobility/survivability/utility rtc. requirements and doing multiple test passes with different compositions after classes are set is a must.

But it's not like they can't get valuable feedback from testing it now and testing it after classes are set; so, I don't see any harm in this either. I was just telling they do need to test raid encounters with all specs sometime in future and not that testing currently is pointless