Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The 7 PTR hasn't been put up yet, that is starting to diminish the prospects of a 'pre movie' pre patch.
    No pre-movie pre-patch means no urgency for the pre-patch and the associated July release date for the expansion.

That pre-patch was the only thing pushing my estimates earlier and it is vanishing quickly as a justification.
    I think, that it could be released in July, but from economical perspective, they have HS and Overwatch for Q2 2016, which will "save the day". And they have to release something in Q3 2016, so I think, that Legion will be out maybe in July, but if they will want to delay that expansion intentionaly because of Q3 results, it can be released at the end of the September. So what they will lose on WoW, they will gain throught Overwatch in Q2 and vice-versa in Q3

There'll be no new expansion to announce be Blizzcon. They'll still want a Big Feature or two to talk about though. They can't have a talk about The Future of WoW, if they have no Big Shiny Thing. My guess?

Sub-races.

They don't get everyone excited, but they've said last Blizzcon they'd do them, and confirmed it on the forums recently. I'm guessing it'll be the big mid-expansion hype. And honestly, that would be quite okay with me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The 7 PTR hasn't been put up yet, that is starting to diminish the prospects of a 'pre movie' pre patch.
    No pre-movie pre-patch means no urgency for the pre-patch and the associated July release date for the expansion.

That pre-patch was the only thing pushing my estimates earlier and it is vanishing quickly as a justification.
    Prepatches last 1-2 months. If it launches by the end of April a late May-mid June prepatch can happen. If ptr doesnt go up in 2-3 weeks ill push it back to early August for Legion release.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose an early early August/late June prepatch with legion launching in early September could happen. Would suck, but hopefully it would mean more content for us. Id be willing to wait an extra month or two for tons of outdoor content.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Prepatches last 1-2 months. If it launches by the end of April a late May-mid June prepatch can happen..
    Yeah - but I was referring to a pre-movie pre-patch (i.e. the week before 24th May). If they aren't going to go for that, there are no other specific deadline they have apart from September 21st.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Prepatches last 1-2 months. If it launches by the end of April a late May-mid June prepatch can happen. If ptr doesnt go up in 2-3 weeks ill push it back to early August for Legion release.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose an early early August/late June prepatch with legion launching in early September could happen. Would suck, but hopefully it would mean more content for us. Id be willing to wait an extra month or two for tons of outdoor content.
    Well my patience has it's limits and luckily I am not subbed at the moment with Warlords, but I am going to sub again for Legion.
    Got like a year and a half worth of game-time saved up in my Warcraft Related Chest and I can't wait to do some awesome things.
    Like boosting my Mage which I want, make a Demon Hunter and seriously keep it, level my other characters and my Shaman finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I had a feeling that with the recent news of a few weeks ago that we'd get some announcement of Beta with a lot of beta key give aways. I guess I was wrong/took it the wrong.
    The news I speak off was just some sites saying they had beta keys waiting to be released on a specific date.

7+ Year Old Account
    So WoD was *on or before Dec 21st, 2014 and it came out November 13th 2014 - in contrasts to this, that would put it around the same time LAST year when the game was announced at Gamescon * August 9th 2015 I believe. This would put a release date in the 1st or second week of august, what do you think?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    maybe the final raid is Argus? The entrance to the Tomb of Sargeras, during the Destro questline, takes Gul'dan to Argus to conduct a ritual. So maybe that's where we go?
    Can't see that happening yet, just seems too soon tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    All minor glyphs are in tact. Some of them (like the many polymorph ones) are applied directly to spells (I think they're books now? don't quote me on that), some remain as minor glyphs, and others are toys (priest confession glyph, druid random nature teleport glyph, etc.)
    Other way around. Minor Glyphs are directly applied to spells, everything that isn't applied to a spell is either a book that just gives you the spell or a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    We already have reached absurd battles (Algalon anyone?) and the battle between Horde and Alliance is a bad joke already after all the villains we had to face. The conflict between Alliance and Horde seems less and less important and childish if you face enemys like Sargeras who can cut your whole planet in half.
    And you expect to defeat Sargeras... how? The introduction of the Old Gods was a mistake; the introduction of the Void Lords was a mistake; the defeat of the Burning Legion will be a mistake, and any attempt to take the game off of its core identity will doom the franchise. The game is, at its heart, Alliance vs. Horde and orcs vs. humans.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Can't see that happening yet, just seems too soon tbh.
    I mean, when would we go to Argus if not an expansion literally named 'Legion'? It sounds like we're going to be dealing with the Legion permanently.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I mean, when would we go to Argus if not an expansion literally named 'Legion'? It sounds like we're going to be dealing with the Legion permanently.
    That's the thing though, dealing with the Legion permanently the way they've been built up would require something.. extraordinary. And I'm thinking way beyond artifact weapons, it would have to be something completely beyond anything we've seen so far. Not sure we'll have that during Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    And you expect to defeat Sargeras... how? The introduction of the Old Gods was a mistake; the introduction of the Void Lords was a mistake; the defeat of the Burning Legion will be a mistake, and any attempt to take the game off of its core identity will doom the franchise. The game is, at its heart, Alliance vs. Horde and orcs vs. humans.
    The franchises core hasn't been Alliance vs. Horde since WC3. If anything, Blizzard's attempts to cling to that regardless have done more harm then good, since the story just doesn't make sense anymore.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The franchises core hasn't been Alliance vs. Horde since WC3. If anything, Blizzard's attempts to cling to that regardless have done more harm then good, since the story just doesn't make sense anymore.
    Even then that was only the early stages of WC3, as it later on became Horde vs Alliance vs The Scourge vs The Legion, in the end the Horde and Alliance were even allied.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The game is, at its heart, Alliance vs. Horde and orcs vs. humans.
    Was... not is. The "heart" was changed with Burning Crusade already, the very first expansion. When both had to cooperate and fight from the same center (Shattrath) and again when the Lich King attacked. The Horde also seeked out help from the Alliance when Garrosh played Orc Hitler or when Alliance and Horde had to attack the crazy Apothecarian in Undercity. Horde and Alliance will again fight side by side against the Legion in the next expansion. Even in the trailer Sylvanas helps the Alliance king to stand a chance against the Legion.

After SoO the Alliance had won the conflict. So we know what faction is stronger already. Instead of dismantling the horde like Jaina suggested, the Alliance king Varian let them go and just asked for peaceful coexistance in the future (and warned them not to cause trouble again).

So what you say is not true for about 9 years now. The game at its heart is constant war on Azeroth against all kinds of evil. The Orc vs. Human thing is really just a part of old history and the base for small conflicts between the two. But no open war. The big wars are fought against bigger threats.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Was... not is. The "heart" was changed with Burning Crusade already, the very first expansion.
    'cept that it was already established that Orcs.Humans.Nightelves work together in Wc3. Lorewise it was always Horde&Alliance vs the greater evil.

That's the thing though, dealing with the Legion permanently the way they've been built up would require something.. extraordinary. And I'm thinking way beyond artifact weapons, it would have to be something completely beyond anything we've seen so far. Not sure we'll have that during Legion.
    I'm not saying it'll feel satisfying. I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if they're trying to tie up the Legion story so we can move onto the Old Gods and the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by OpieOP View Post
    'cept that it was already established that Orcs.Humans.Nightelves work together in Wc3. Lorewise it was always Horde&Alliance vs the greater evil.
    Yeah but BC was the point where it was more than just a mission. A shared capital city is really the point where you can't say "their conflict is eternal".
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'm not saying it'll feel satisfying. I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if they're trying to tie up the Legion story so we can move onto the Old Gods and the Void.
    The whole part of Sargeras and the Void makes for a lot of story content if they are willing to play it that way. Would be awesome to get a view of Argus tho..

Deleted
    The whole part of Sargeras and the Void makes for a lot of story content if they are willing to play it that way. Would be awesome to get a view of Argus tho..
    well its all possible, the final part of the destro warlock artifact quest shows that the portal guldan opened at the gates of the tomb of sargeras is a direct gateway to argus(mentioned in the illidan novel that kiljaedens palace resides there), so im hopeful that they place the final raid on argus itself, maybe like 1/2 gatekeeper bosses on the broken isles then you go through etc(SoO style) also fits with kiljaeden beeing the final boss of the expansion :P