Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Fight fire with capslock?
    I mean, most of the words that were capped didn't even need to be capped at all. For example, talking didn't need to be capped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Stop basing your info on things that they say.
    We can only do that once the systems hit alpha and can be playtested properly.
    Everything else are lofty plans of the devs, hearsay and speculation.

WoD should have taught people to take what the DEVs say with a healthy portion of NaCl.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And end up with a shitty product? Its what feedback is for and if you don't like my opinion, the ToS encourages you to set me on ignore and not call me and others the "T" word which is nonconstructive.
    yes making new threads and then when noone responds there you go and spread your false info here ( a forum wich blizz prob barely reads ) is good feedback right?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    We can only do that once the systems hit alpha and can be playtested properly.
    Everything else are lofty plans of the devs, hearsay and speculation.

WoD should have taught people to take what the DEVs say with a healthy portion of NaCl.
    Exactly.

That is a Lesson which WoD has shown us.

It is a big lesson. And an extremely important one.

Quote Originally Posted by oqtopus View Post
    yes making new threads and then when noone responds there you go and spread your false info here ( a forum wich blizz prob barely reads ) is good feedback right?
    False information?! Here, a link for you!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...20?page=10#188
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some additional thoughts on the concerns that have been raised in this and other threads, loosely paraphrased:

Don't you understand that no one likes missions? Why are you keeping any piece of the system?

We understand that many players are unhappy with garrisons, and in particular with the prominence of follower missions in Warlords of Draenor. We're certainly not sitting around, saying to ourselves, "Wow, everyone loves managing followers and doing missions; let's just copy/paste this feature into our next expansion for an easy win!"

We agree that, especially in the long run, the balance of content and rewards between garrison missions and core world content was a big problem in Draenor. Players too often found themselves without much reason to bother with dungeons or outdoor content, possibly logging on to raid or PvP, and otherwise just checking in to collect mission rewards and send followers out on new ones. And after a little while of that, it's awfully easy for it to stop feeling like a proper MMO experience.

We've tried to tackle this problem throughout our design of Legion. We've focused on replayable and varied outdoor world content and dungeon content as the heart and soul of the Legion endgame, and on reward systems that will support the continued relevance of those systems.

But at the same time, there are people who do enjoy the mission minigame, and there are some positive elements, such as a bit of offline progression, and the fun of looking forward to a reward waiting for you when you get home and log in. Not all aspects of the game are intended to appeal to all players - that's part of the challenge of creating a single game that is played by such a diverse audience with different preferences and playstyles. But while garrison followers and missions were a substantial portion of the content in Warlords, Order Hall missions are probably more like 3% of Legion.

I understand that there is a fair amount of cynicism, and there are some who are probably reading this right now and thinking that it's just a bunch of nice-sounding words trying to cover up our sinister plan of mission-table supremacy. But even if we wanted to, we know that we can’t hide anything here. Well before Legion is in anyone's hands, people will be experiencing the system in its entirety in beta, and we'll be judged on that basis.

But there's key player power at the bottom of my Order Hall tech tree, so isn't that gated behind missions?

Actually, no. As I mentioned in my post in the Alpha forums, what players are seeing in Alpha right now lacks context, admittedly because we haven't provided much. The research you can initiate in your Order Hall to unlock various perks, culminating in a strong player-power reward, requires Order Resources. Order Resources are not in any way gained through missions. You gain Order Resources from quest content: from the one-time Order Campaign quest arc, from treasures around the world, and at max level from outdoor world quests. If anything, missions are more likely to serve as an outlet for excess Resources once you have your research needs covered.

The Order Hall campaign immediately has you do missions that take a day to complete. That sounds terrible.

That's good feedback, and definitely the sort of thing we may adjust. Let me try to explain the intent here: The core of the class Order campaigns is epic quest content that is custom to your class. If you're a Death Knight, you might be working to raise a new set of Four Horsemen who are powerful enough to stand against the Legion; as a Mage, you may be investigating a plot that threatens to undo Dalaran from within; and so forth. That's what the Order campaigns are. We start you on these chains during the level-up experience, but they're intended to be a story that unfolds over time, complementing the game's level-up and endgame progression.

In Warlords, when we had the Garrison campaign quests, we presented a new one each week, but there was no real indication where the next step would come from, or how long you would have to wait in order to continue. This time around, we want to avoid having gaps where there's no quest in your log. Having occasional steps where we ask you to run a few missions with long completion times seemed like a more elegant way to do that, allowing us to weave in a bit of storytelling, as opposed to just "hey, come back next week for the next step."

I understand that most of the discussion is based on bits of information that emerge from the Alpha, and I know that it's difficult to truly reassure you when you haven't yet seen the things I'm talking about firsthand. But hopefully trying to share our goals and philosophies, as well as acknowledging past missteps (we hear you - really!), can provide some guidance about where this system is going to end up when it's complete.
    55 minutes ago
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I mean, most of the words that were capped didn't even need to be capped at all. For example, talking didn't need to be capped.
    I'm bareley two weeks back to this forum and things like this don't even surprise me. Maybe he wanted to catch our... nah. I have no idea.

False information?! snip
    [/blizzquote]
    if you read that post without your mind being full of BLIZZ LIES , BLIZZ NEVER CHANGES you might find it a pretty good post

Deleted
    And end up with a shitty product? Its what feedback is for and if you don't like my opinion, the ToS encourages you to set me on ignore and not call me and others the "T" word which is nonconstructive.
    Sure thing bro, it might not be in the game yet but they do say the things we want in the game. Reason for cheer? Nah, it's not in the game yet. Reason for thinking it's going to be a shitty product? Lol how so? Omg next build is going to have new changes to SEF, hope it plays out well! :-)))))))))))))))

Fuck the ignore button I want to read what people are bitching about
    In this thread

Exactly.

Exactly! I'm not saying I don't trust the devs but I sure as hell take their words with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by oqtopus View Post
    if you read that post without your mind being full of BLIZZ LIES , BLIZZ NEVER CHANGES you might find it a pretty good post
    The irony is so good when their posts work against their agenda.

That lesson should have been taught much earlier.

Yet as with everything it requires practice, or reminders.

Exactly.

I know that you're ignoring me, but can I ask you something?

Was MoP bad? No! The expansion was possibly my favorite expansion to date. The dungeons were good, the content was amazing, the dungeons, the raids, the music, the lore, perfect. Even the pandaren were amazing (And I used to think that this expansion would be bad). MoP for me is the ultimate WoW "Never judge an expansion by the name" expansion. it was just...beautiful.

Cata was alright...I mean...It was good in my opinion...but...meh.

WoTLK was badass.

TBC was straight.

And I know that i'll get yelled at for saying this but..I kind of loved WoD. I mean, the raids were amazing, ashran was fun (For the most paet...even though it did get repetative much), Leveling was fun, the apexis dailys were alright, the music, the art, Sometimes the lore....just....pretty cool. I think the only reason on why WoD was hated much was due to the lack of patch content, and I'll say this...I kind of think WoD was just the expansion to bring gul'dan back for legion. Infact, I think legion stopped WoD....yah...and that's coming from ME!

People complained about WoD and labeled it as the worst mmorpg expansion to date, well they're adding in one of the WORST features and practically the most complained about feature of Warlords! You people can't get it through!

That lesson should have been taught much earlier.

Yet as with everything it requires practice, or reminders.
    No. the lesson was never learnt....there was never a lesson to being with. It's just an mmorpg that is changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly.
    I find it rather hilarious that many think this mindset makes us a Blizzard basher or anything.
    Even the DEVs constantly repeat "nothing is set in stone, this is what we want to do, we are not sure whether it will work as we all hope, subject to change, early preview".

People complained about WoD and labeled it as the worst mmorpg expansion to date, well they're adding in one of the WORST features and practically the most complained about feature of Warlords! You people can't get it through!
    Bruh, have you heard? The feature is only 8% complete, and the feature only takes around 3% of the legion content. Oh my god...I never knew! We need to tell everyone!

/Sarcasm off!

Learn to read!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah that was awesome, and MoP also had isle of thunder which was unlocked slowly (and through server participation I believe), was really fun. Mop had plenty of good things.
    There was a lot of "MoP childish?" threads on MMO-Champion. Hell I even remember a poster who had an anti Pandaren poster and a signature dedicated to it. Some people are so......stupid and worthy of the term manchild.

OT:
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I find it rather hilarious that many think this mindset makes us a Blizzard basher or anything.
    Even the DEVs constantly repeat "nothing is set in stone, this is what we want to do, we are not sure whether it will work as we all hope, subject to change, early preview".
    And I love it that you guys claim that you are not "Blizzard bashers" when in reality theramoore seems to be yelling at us stating "Not to trust blizzard" in a bashing way really easily. Also, this is a thread about LEGION, not ranters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There was a lot of "MoP childish?" threads on MMO-Champion. Hell I even remember a poster who had an anti Pandaren poster and a signature dedicated to it. Some people are so......stupid and worthy of the term manchild.
    That panda thing will be called "PPP" Panda Pwner Preservance. It is where the pandaren haters team up and kill millions of pandas for their own amusement.

I'm sorry....that was too good of a joke not to keep in.

I can agree with that, but I dont find it so bothersome.

If people doesnt want to listen, and brand me Because they cant tolerate blizzard getting some constructive criticism. (with sometimes a mild flavour of cynicism) Then I dont really care.

its there for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacheng View Post
    Sure thing bro, it might not be in the game yet but they do say the things we want in the game. Reason for cheer? Nah, it's not in the game yet. Reason for thinking it's going to be a shitty product? Lol how so? Omg next build is going to have new changes to SEF, hope it plays out well! :-)))))))))))))))

Fuck the ignore button I want to read what people are bitching about
    In this thread
    Indeed. I was ignored by gorge already due to me ranting on his "Mindless caps post". However, he seems to be ranting at blizzard (A company that has to go through much shit just to give us an expansion) just fine.