7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    By the time it even becomes available in LFR, most raiders will probably only miss 1-2 pieces at most anyway. Any top 100 guild will be finished with the raid at that point.

So the argument doesn't even make sense in the first place.
    It's the mid- and lower-tier raiders who feel like they need to run LFR to get that tier and trinkets and they were/are the ones who cried about it the most --not the skilled raiders of the top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I know, yet it gets repeated every time. Tells you something about our community

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta admit it's sad that in MoP and DS several tiers just looked better in LFR colors to their Heroic versions . . . But hey, if you are a transmog hunter, running LFR isn't that big a deal.
    Cool, so being forced to run it doesn't make sense? You know what else makes no sense, LFR players getting gear at all. What do they need it for? They don't try to progress beyond a piss easy experience, and as such don't really need gear, just give them cosmetic pieces and be done with it.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Cool, so being forced to run it doesn't make sense?
    No, the claim is just false. The hardcore raiders aren't forced to because it isn't even available to them, and the rest doesn't need it.

Cool, so being forced to run it doesn't make sense? You know what else makes no sense, LFR players getting gear at all. What do they need it for? They don't try to progress beyond a piss easy experience, and as such don't really need gear, just give them cosmetic pieces and be done with it.
    You know what also makes no sense? Mythic players getting gear at all.
    Blizzard can tune Mythic content down to compensate, so that it's still only doable after getting Heroic gear.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Gotta admit it's sad that in MoP and DS several tiers just looked better in LFR colors to their Heroic versions . . . But hey, if you are a transmog hunter, running LFR isn't that big a deal.
    Yeah. It sure beats the colours not being available at all anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What does it look like? Tier gear or what?
    In WoD, LFR gear was always a recolour of Honour gear. I imagine Legion will be the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, there is substantial back-and-forth between LFR and Normal -- or there was in MoP, WoD tried to kill it off but it didn't succeed entirely. This is the lower end, ultra-casual playerbase that you obviously know fuck-all about, but it exists. Not everyone in LFR is AFK; a lot of people suck, yes, but they are there for different reasons -- to learn, or maybe they are disabled or old or whatever. Also I can tell you that my guild used to do runs of SoO LFR to teach people basic boss mechanics and to get them some basic pieces of gear before heading into higher difficulties. It was really handy to be able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Believe it or not, there is substantial back-and-forth between LFR and Normal -- or there was in MoP, WoD tried to kill it off but it didn't succeed entirely. This is the lower end, ultra-casual playerbase that you obviously know fuck-all about, but it exists. Not everyone in LFR is AFK; a lot of people suck, yes, but they are there for different reasons -- to learn, or maybe they are disabled or old or whatever. Also I can tell you that my guild used to do runs of SoO LFR to teach people basic boss mechanics and to get them some basic pieces of gear before heading into higher difficulties. It was really handy to be able to do this.
    But it's not necessary, normal is already easy enough as it is. And with the current feature to find groups, pugging is easy. I'm sorry if I believe dumbing down content for the lowest common denominator who can't be bothered to put in effort is stupid. The reality of the situation is this, if you get unlucky and don't get your tier set pieces, you will be required to do it in LFR to get it if you can. You're already required to do it to get valour points at the moment and thats bad enough.

Reality is this, LFR is not raiding, it's little more than watching a cinematic and it shouldn't give any rewards that encourage it's use beyond the minimum to allow bads or people with no time to see the basic outline of the story. I'm okay with it allowing legendary progress because if you rely on LFR for that, you start 2-3 weeks behind and only get 1 wing the week it opens, but it shouldn't give any incentive award for regular players.

I still find it funny that people think we need LFR at all tbh, WOTLK did fine without it, and with the only difference between Normal and LFR being that some mechanics start to actually matter in Normal we are now at a point LFR can be easily removed.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Is it the same as in Wowhead's datamined dungeon journal? Because that is fucked. They all show the same loot at the same ilevel from raid finder to mythic.
    From guldan loot table:
    lfr: 835
    normal: 850

All of them are placeholder with same look

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, as others have said, people who do LFR are fairly proactive about kicking AFKers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    Since when? Half the raid is semi afk most of the time.
    But the votekick system is obviously not helping that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What does it look like? Tier gear or what?
    All difficulties have same tier atm
    All of them are placeholder with same look

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the mentality of people who say those who run lfr don't deserve rewards. Does it really effect you in any way? Does it stop you from being the grand and glorious so much better than everyone else person that you are? Does it really hurt your precious ego so much that you have to bad mouth others for getting something that is beneath you ? It's just like in another thread where one poster is going absolutely ape shit saying how the Horde is a bunch of cowards for leaving the Alliance alone in the Broken Shores scenario....when so much in those cut scenes are unknown. Get off your high horses and realize this is a game, plain and simple. In life you are no better than the guy/girl standing next to you although you are wearing Nike shoes and they are wearing Wal-Mart specials....different situations for different people. Quit judging.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still find it funny that people think we need LFR at all tbh, WOTLK did fine without it, and with the only difference between Normal and LFR being that some mechanics start to actually matter in Normal we are now at a point LFR can be easily removed.
    I don't disagree with you at all on this, but the problem is that the devs put it in the game and now here it is and people will scream bloody murder if they try to remove it. The issue now is trying to make it work the best way possible and WoD's way was a disaster.

Deleted
    running Naxx 25 pugs was a real pain, and finding group just to steamroll the content was a long and painfull struggle. Srsly it wasn't great. LFR is fine.

Deleted
    It's the mid- and lower-tier raiders who feel like they need to run LFR to get that tier and trinkets and they were/are the ones who cried about it the most --not the skilled raiders of the top 100.
    Very true.

And at the same time, I really don't see how the fuck even a somewhat meh tryhard guild can't just take an hour before its normally scheduled raid to destroy LFR? It can, and it should, if the group feels the need.

More often than not it's bs though, myth guilds speedclear heroic for tier, heroic guilds speedclear norm, norm guilds... are actually so casual that whether someone in them has an lfr piece or not doesn't really matter, it's not like you're gonna get sat on "progression" in a casual guild that actually really has to progress normal.

LFR should be removed, normal should be tuned down a bit so it's easily accessible for a group of randoms with no TS. That said, as long as there still *is* LFR in the game, it should absolutely drop loot. Let's face it, it's just easier normal, and normal drops stuff as is. Character progression is paramount in WoW, it could be argued it's one of the absolute core concepts in the game, and it's not like the other activities that offer entry-level gear for raiding are any more demanding or harder. Look at WoD. It's super hard to farm baleful crap and tokens, right? It's super challenging to farm Kazzak? Afking in Ashran for 10h to get full 701-702 gear - a real test of skill. A few years back you had valor, before that you had marks, before that you had IoQD which showered you w/ epics.

Catch-up is catch-up and there's really not a single reason to be surprised or outraged after it's been in the game for almost 10 years. There's a milion reasons to do low-fi, easy content, starting from lack of time and ending on 10th fucking alt in the game. Get over yourself.

Deleted
    I find it funny that you dont get it that the WoW Devs said we need LFR otherwise there wouldnt be normal/hc/mythic.
    And with your "logic" mythic doesnt need gear cause there is nothing to do after mythic, right? right!

You will allways hate it but the BIGGEST difference between lfr and normal is: You can do your dailies and queue for lfr. You cant queue for normal and thats why people are doin it.

PS: there is a world OUTside of raiding thats why better gear is allways needed.

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/a/jhCkd I made a quick album, looks like the tier gear.

if you look at the item levels of the tier peices they are 870, 885 and 900 for normal, heroic and mythic respectively but the one that's being shown as dropping from LFR is the normal peice so it might just be a mistake that its there.

So this guy on Reddit is saying pre-patch on July 19th. He doesn't have much post history but 11 months ago he said "I don't know if it will be announced at BlizzCon, but you will be pleasantly surprised with the next expansion." in reference to Demon Hunter.

9 months ago (July 16, 2015): "The next expansion is gonna revolve around Illidan and will introduce a new class, the demon hunter."

Still taking it with a grain of salt though.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    So this guy on Reddit is saying pre-patch on July 19th. He doesn't have much post history but 11 months ago he said "I don't know if it will be announced at BlizzCon, but you will be pleasantly surprised with the next expansion." in reference to Demon Hunter.

9 months ago (July 16, 2015): "The next expansion is gonna revolve around Illidan and will introduce a new class, the demon hunter."

Still taking it with a grain of salt though.
    Oh, god, please let it be sooner. I know it's usually 4-6 weeks before expansion launch but with the state of the game as it is, I'd want nothing more than to see 7.0 hit live early June, just to have something to do over the summer. I was sort of hoping they'll want the people that are dragged in the game through movie promotion, to be able to see Legion stuff and not get treated to a month of garrison fun. I dunno ... I hope it's earlier than that.