Quote Originally Posted by sykke View Post
    Oh for the love of god. It was named alpha and will be named beta starting Thursday. Can we just leave it that.
    Exactly. It was totally clarified in the first question on the stream, about why they called it alpha etc.... and why they are changing the name to beta.

Discussion should be over.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post
    "Beta invites will be going out today and tomorrow."

I haven't received one yet. Has anyone else today? Perhaps they will begin the invites later today instead.
    If it's a huge wave like he said it will be between 10-100k invites, so expect them to go out staggered and some might arrive late just like in WoD where some ppl were selected on the first wave but got their account flagged like a few days after the e-mail lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    now we can finally stop this alpha/beta non sense.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Another question.

Do you have to be subbed to get a beta invite?

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Ignoring facts and making up your own is baiting.
    Maybe it's best we let him live in his delusional world. He's not going to change his stance no matter what so arguing in circles is pointless.

It's not misinformation though.
    When people start whinging about Blizzard breaking a beta promise, when they in fact did not. There has been so much evidence it was beta, and now we finally get an explanation as to why they called it alpha.

There is no longer any doubt about what happened, yet people keep on insisting that Blizzard lied etc etc rubbish rubbish etc.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Another question.

No. Some people in alpha haven't played in literal years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Maybe it's best we let him live in his delusional world. He's not going to change his stance no matter what so arguing in circles is pointless.
    Pretty much. Bless him :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    When people start whinging about Blizzard breaking a beta promise, when they in fact did not. There has been so much evidence it was beta, and now we finally get an explanation as to why they called it alpha.

There is no longer any doubt about what happened, yet people keep on insisting that Blizzard lied etc etc rubbish rubbish etc.
    It's hilarious how you're literally cutting out every bit of text where I'm giving you facts/explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Maybe it's best we let him live in his delusional world.
    LOL - people can see the file name, the log in screen, the presence of external testers, the long programming feature complete status - they are all REALITY.

The only delusional people here are those ignoring the evidence.

Now there is further evidence, Blizzard has just come out with WHY the beta was called alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Another question.

I'm hoping it's random. Many players aren't subscribed and won't be until the pre patch drops.

It's hilarious how you're literally cutting out every bit of text where I'm giving you facts/explanations.
    I'm only cutting out irrelevant or incorrect stuff.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also just be safe, never click any links in what can appear to be a beta invite. I don't know if they will flag accounts ot give out codes. In case of flagging emails can and will be late so it's usually a good thing to check your account summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    now we can finally stop this alpha/beta non sense.
    Nope it has only begun.

Pretty much. Bless him :3

- - - Updated - - -

God damn it if you agree to stop talking to him and then keep responding anyway I'm going to start smacking you with rolled up newspaper.

No. NO. BAD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the answers, again!

Really excited, and hopeful. Legion needs to be good.

I'm only cutting out irrelevant or incorrect stuff.
    But it's not though. Choosing to ignore it because you think it's "irrelevant or incorrect" (when it's not, because you can go look stages of game development and what they mean) is called delusion.

Ion admitted on the stream they did break the promise as beta wasn't ready to launch and they couldn't call it a beta given how incomplete it was.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    God damn it if you agree to stop talking to him and then keep responding anyway I'm going to start smacking you with rolled up newspaper.

No. NO. BAD.
    Haha. I mean

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I don't see any error in that sentence, also I'm sure being English I don't need English lessons from a German.
    Well judging from your 700 something posts you do look like 12 so hey, you might be 12 ( would explain why it is impossible to have a normal discussion with you and you just reply to shit with '' lul that's a good one mate, ExDee hur hur hur '' )
    nice geography bro (jk u suck at it)

I could reply in full sentences and with structure if I wanted to, but I'm scared the fools im replying won't understand

Quote Originally Posted by sykke View Post
    Also just be safe, never click any links in what can appear to be a beta invite. I don't know if they will flag accounts ot give out codes. In case of flagging emails can and will be late so it's usually a good thing to check your account summary.
    In-game as well. I've had a few friends lose everything on their accounts due to falling for phishing schemes. The safest route is to check your account summary by logging into the battle.net website.