Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Wasnt he Lead Encounter Designer in WoD? Seemed to be one of the only things that seemed to be getting positive feedback.
    From what I can gather, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Confirming this. Unless he was also in charge of the decision to make Mythic 20m he should have gotten that promotion.
    Yeah, WoD has some of the best fights in the game imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

When is the beta servers going up again ?

Honestly I think it's ridiculous how many people think they should be able to judge who should get fired or get a promotion from the outside of a company looking in, there's so so much information (and the influence of so many people!) that they are missing.
    But people still make threads about firing their least favourite public-facing Blizzard developer every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    Yeah, WoD has some of the best fights in the game imo.
    random crap flying all over the screen isn't exactly amazing encounter design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Wasnt he Lead Encounter Designer in WoD? Seemed to be one of the only things that seemed to be getting positive feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think that is more big picture; it would be a decision at the step above him back then.
    Yeah, but then again he gave a few very bad interviews and still.... HFC had the worst item design I've seen since classic.... ilvl ramping... secondary stat distribution......

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Honestly I think it's ridiculous how many people think they should be able to judge who should get fired or get a promotion from the outside of a company looking in, there's so so much information (and the influence of so many people!) that they are missing.
    But people still make threads about firing their least favourite public-facing Blizzard developer every other week.
    No one said he deserved to be fired for anything. For the most part there has been nothing but fact and bias'd praise for 2 pages now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    When is the beta servers going up again ?
    2 hours 25 mins if nothing goes wrong

Deleted
    Maybe he's the guy who came up with adding 25% to the box price and selling 20 euro subs. Whoever that guy is single-handedly solved the player retention problem Blizzard has been having for years, in that Blizzard can now afford to not care about it in the slightest.

Shit from a player point of view, but if you increase profits while losing half your userbase the executives will think you walk on water.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't really going to be able to tell how the game changes with him being assistant director. At least not until Legion launches. As for secondary stat distribution. What do people even mean. Do they mean they don't get the secondary stat they want(Cause I could go on all day about that).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugonn View Post
    Maybe he's the guy who came up with adding 25% to the box price and selling 20 euro subs. Whoever that guy is single-handedly solved the player retention problem Blizzard has been having for years, in that Blizzard can now afford to not care about it in the slightest.

Shit from a player point of view, but if you increase profits while losing half your userbase the executives will think you walk on water.
    I rather think its the massive success of Hearthstone and their other games micro-transactions. I liked how they tried to push shop mounts at the start of WoD and the big flash they got by the community. I wish the community would also care so much about half done classes.

No one said he deserved to be fired for anything. For the most part there has been nothing but fact and bias'd praise for 2 pages now.
    It works both ways, but "I think x should be fired" is a very prevalent topic on this forum. I was speaking in general terms.
    Note that I did both say "I think it's ridiculous how many people think they should be able to judge who should get fired or get a promotion" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It works both ways, but "I think x should be fired" is a very prevalent topic on this forum. I was speaking in general terms.
    Note that I did both say "I think it's ridiculous how many people think they should be able to judge who should get fired or get a promotion" :P
    Internal or External Standpoints don't matter. When you are good at what you do, you deserve the praise/promotion/pat on the back you get. In Ion's case, as much as I think he is a stinky liar, raiding in WoD was pretty damn good. If his work on raids in MoP and WoD got him the current spot he is at, good for him, he deserved it.

Deleted
    Well, he also designed Faction Champions. I think this boss was more hated than loved. And they didnt mention or outline other bosses he worked on, haha.

Internal or External Standpoints don't matter. When you are good at what you do, you deserve the praise/promotion/pat on the back you get. In Ion's case, as much as I think he is a stinky liar, raiding in WoD was pretty damn good. If his work on raids in MoP and WoD got him the current spot he is at, good for him, he deserved it.
    See this is exactly what I mean. Insider or Outsider standpoints do matter because you do not actually know what Ion is or isn't directly responsible for. He is a team head who leads a great deal of people, and is in turn given orders by a board of many other people.
    What decisions were or weren't his to make, what his personal standpoint on game issues were in internal meetings, what his actual job performance is like... none of these are things you are actually witness to, making you worthless on evaluating whether his place in the company is what it should be.

As he did get a promotion then you're probably right that he did something to deserve it! It's the people who go "X shouldn't have got the promotion they got" or "X should be removed from his post", or even "How come X didn't get promoted? He did Y and that was great" that are the problem, and even in your case you aren't really judging knowing many of the actual facts.
    What gets people a promotion in a game developer position usually has very little to do with their role in communication with us, but that's the only context we have from which to judge them.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Well, he also designed Faction Champions. I think this boss was more hated than loved. And they didnt mention or outline other bosses he worked on, haha.
    He just started in WotLK. Seems weird to call out a fight that was so early in his tenure.

Not sure what you do for a living, but I really hope your promotions are not tied to something you did in your first few months on the job. Especially as it has been 8 years since then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    He just started in WotLK. Seems weird to call out a fight that was so early in his tenure.

Not sure what you do for a living, but I really hope your promotions are not tied to something you did in your first few months on the job. Especially as it has been 8 years since then.
    I just found it wierd and slightly amusing that they outlined Faction Champions, like this has been his greatest work.

Tweeted by Blizzard CS - Initial invites for the Beta have completed, but there will be more to come in the upcoming weeks. ^DMC

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...17886491705344

I havent really followed any wow news lately. Why do we care about a certaint persons promotion ?

I havent really followed any wow news lately. Why do we care about a certaint persons promotion ?
    People lose interest in beta patch notes very quickly and latch on to any piece of non-news to discuss and bicker about.

Deleted
    The position of the Lead Designers and their bosses isnt that irrelevant to anyones gaming experience in WoW. Dont try to be a smartass.