Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Leveling alts is something I am dreadful of for legion.
    With all class/profession exclusive bits Im actually looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to level alts that fast. Go at your own pace.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You don't have to level alts that fast. Go at your own pace.
    Normally I'd say give it a couple of weeks or so and do older stuff to (a) give other players the chance to get out of your way, and (b) give Blizzard the chance to both fix bugs and identify bottleneck quests, but all signs I've seen so far point to World Quests getting abandoned by the playerbase pretty damn soon after launch.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they got rid of the xp bit on heirlooms. Its just for being powerful. Make a legacy talent tree like swtor. 4-5th alt would be like 100% faster.

- - - Updated - - -

That plus adding scaling to old zones so you can do say Hillsbrad foothills at level 25 or 75 would be nice. Even thou you are leveling fast, you can choose to finish a story if you are enjoying it.

I would say the exact opposite, Heirlooms should provide EXP but have far less powerful stats than they currently do (on par with gear for that level, not much stronger as they are at present).
    It's the overblown power level that makes low level content and especially group content feel bad, the bonus EXP is useful for people who want to get more alts quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Normally I'd say give it a couple of weeks or so and do older stuff to (a) give other players the chance to get out of your way, and (b) give Blizzard the chance to both fix bugs and identify bottleneck quests, but all signs I've seen so far point to World Quests getting abandoned by the playerbase pretty damn soon after launch.
    I doubt it, I think World Quests will stay on for a long while much more compared to what happened at WoD Launch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wish they got rid of the xp bit on heirlooms. Its just for being powerful. Make a legacy talent tree like swtor. 4-5th alt would be like 100% faster.

- - - Updated - - -

That plus adding scaling to old zones so you can do say Hillsbrad foothills at level 25 or 75 would be nice. Even thou you are leveling fast, you can choose to finish a story if you are enjoying it.
    i like both those ideas. i love having the power of heirlooms, but i don't really like outleveling an area.

so, have scaling all over the world and stuff, it'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    The thing is it's cool the first time but whats about when you have like 120 stacks of ore in your inventory that you want to prospect.
    I'm reasonably sure that's a one time quest and not an activity you need to perform every time you want to do prospecting (especially because the video is of cutting a gem, not prospecting it from ore).

I wouldn't mind if heirlooms lost the XP bonus they give. They're most useful just so you never have to faff around with most bits of gear while levelling, so I'd like to see enough heirlooms for EVERY gear slot.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Is the current insane lag/delay a direct result of the phasing issue ? The servers basicly kneeling or is it the increased playerbase ?
    90fps and 50ish ms ingame. But still abilities have a 2-3 seconds delay. Many times it just goes to a standstill for several seconds.Was perfectly fine in alpha and its also fine on live. So its no issues on my end. Same for my friend and nearly everone in chat.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of spicing and polishing left to do with the mechanics though they're looking surprisingly decent so far.
    Of course we won't go into patches until post-launch and storyline predictions belong in lore, but how will they incentivize players to pursue things?
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I wouldn't mind if heirlooms lost the XP bonus they give. They're most useful just so you never have to faff around with most bits of gear while levelling, so I'd like to see enough heirlooms for EVERY gear slot.
    oh yeah, that'd really be great. just remove the xp gain from them and give full heirlooms.

So I logged into Val'Sharah today. . . (reboot of game fixed it)

http://i.imgur.com/mUoy8r9.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderi View Post
    So I logged into Val'Sharah today. . . (reboot of game fixed it)

http://i.imgur.com/mUoy8r9.jpg
    I like on the X is like "Treasure marks the spot"

And still no Beta invite.
    Oh well...

Do forum bans knock you out of beta invite?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Do forum bans knock you out of beta invite?
    apparently account bans don't even lock you out.

i've heard people say ptr and betas were open to them, even though they were on long bans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

- - - Updated - - -

fortunately you don't design for blizzard so we don't have to worry about that awful idea of removing xp from heirlooms and making leveling even more unbearable than it is now

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    apparently account bans don't even lock you out.

i've heard people say ptr and betas were open to them, even though they were on long bans.
    Its only a 24 hour ban for calling someone a douche for saying homosexuality is a political preference. Meanwhile a person who circumvented the swear filter cursing directly at blizzard is still up in a thread of mine for 5+ days now @_@

I don't understand their system some days, but that makes me happy to hear. Would suck to lose Beta over a bigot :\
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Would suck to lose Beta over a bigot :\

Funny thing about bigots is they're easy to ignore. You can easily move on. Turn around, walk away. Not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after the beta being up for a few days, how is the expansion so far compared to the others? This is the first expansion that I'm genuinely excited for since Cataclysm, I hated the idea of Pandaria as a whole and there are too many things to name for my initial dislike of WoD. I'm interested in hearing what people think of it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting