@WarcraftDevs
    Beta testers: Join us for 24 hours, starting at 4:00 p.m. PDT on June 2 to test the pre-Legion demon invasion event. https://t.co/7spWhk6oO9

Though that makes me wonder if there will still be a new build.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Were the pre-launch events for WoD/Cata/Wrath on the beta? Makes me wonder if they'll skip the PTR entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    This is what happen when DH can't kill the tentacule in Ulduar.

http://i.imgur.com/LOBJSGa.jpg
    Dont worry its not you. It is bugged. My priest couldn't target the tentacle holding me either, something they did fucked up the LoS.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Thats interesting. Bye bye PTR I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys really do jump to the most insane conclusions. Nowhere does that indicate that there won't be a PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You guys really do jump to the most insane conclusions. Nowhere does that indicate that there won't be a PTR.
    What use is there for a PTR when beta already tests everything?
    Normally the pre-exp even was not in the beta but on the PTR.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

afaik they have never put the prelaunch stuff up for testing on the beta until after the PTR is live, its a pretty logical conclusion actually

What there is to test on PTR? Classes most definetly get tested in the beta. Broken Isles content wouldn't be in the PTR anyways, so the only thing left is the pre-expansion event... which is now focus/stress tested in Beta.

No need for PTR.

Ahahahaha! How ironic that more than 20 minutes ago I was talking about how the broken shore can fit inside the pre-event/launch, and here we are with the event stress test beta launch. Well, I'm still guessing that the broken shore is going with the whole pre-launch event.

If there was going to be a PTR for a patch launching sometime next month, it would probably already be up.

If they're testing the prepatch event on the beta, I doubt there will be a PTR for it as well. It would be redundant.

Though that makes me wonder if there will still be a new build.
    Either they're going to patch very early in the morning (not unprecedented), or they're not going to patch this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What there is to test on PTR? Classes most definetly get tested in the beta. Broken Isles content wouldn't be in the PTR anyways, so the only thing left is the pre-expansion event... which is now focus/stress tested in Beta.

No need for PTR.
    Well, they usually do release the .0 patch on the PTR for a short time, to test distribution of the patch. But they do have the option of skipping that if the Beta testing pool is big enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Ahahahaha! How ironic that more than 20 minutes ago I was talking about how the broken shore can fit inside the pre-event/launch, and here we are with the event stress test beta launch. Well, I'm still guessing that the broken shore is going with the whole pre-launch event.
    They said this was so about a thousand times. Everything on the Beta that isn't physically on the broken isles, is the pre-launch event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Either they're going to patch very early in the morning (not unprecedented), or they're not going to patch this week.
    Builds have been coming out on Thursdays recently, it's possible that they'll shut down the servers once the testing ends.

Builds have been coming out on Thursdays recently, it's possible that they'll shut down the servers once the testing ends.
    The test is Thursday 4pm PDT through to Friday 4pm PDT. Full 24 hour test.

So like I said, it'll either be early in the day to make sure the servers are all good by 4pm, or there just won't be a build this week. We'll see. I'm reasonably sure they're not going to do a late Friday night build, though it's not totally unprecedented either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep thinking that today is Tuesday, sorry. In that case, it's a possibility that Friday could have a build deployed on Friday.

Legion Dalaran has been brought into HD and is on a similar graphics level to the rest of the Broken Isles. Its undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    afaik they have never put the prelaunch stuff up for testing on the beta until after the PTR is live, its a pretty logical conclusion actually
    For one, this is the first time the pre-launch stuff comes in the .0 patch: This stuff has been on the alpha since it started. Literally the first build. Only so many people are hanging out in the Broken Isles, no one has been testing it. Secondly, there is still that pre-event Karazhan scenario that is still untestable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    For one, this is the first time the pre-launch stuff comes in the .0 patch: This stuff has been on the alpha since it started. Literally the first build. Only so many people are hanging out in the Broken Isles, no one has been testing it. Secondly, there is still that pre-event Karazhan scenario that is still untestable.
    What? No it isn't. Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, and WoD all had starting events in 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 respectively. I don't remember much about LK but I am pretty sure it did too.

I'm not sure I'd count WoD's "starting event" as much of anything.

Also, did the servers just go down? Got booted and cannot get back in for some reason.