Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Please do, because Lords of War was touched on, Blizzard never clarifies on patch information outside of slight details (which was covered already) until the patch is the next content being released, no pre-patch information wasn't surprising, and there was "actual new information."
    Literally everything talked about tonight except the announcement from Blizzwatch about the new Lords of War series were basic "oh yeah I knew that" common sense things. I find it funny how in this post you are spewing "Blizzard never does X" when pretty much every other post its all about how "l-legion is d-different don't you s-see?!"

In this case I would actually say they should be obligated to give us this information if they want people to pay for the damn game after the massive abortion that was Warlords of Draenor. Instead they gave common sense answers to common sense questions, mentioned that 7.1 would be a thing. They have plans for atleast 1 new dungeon. An Orc isn't the fucking final boss. These are common sense things, especially after WoD.

Edit: Once again feel like I need to say. I am grateful for the clarifications but this shit is not and never was hype worthy at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-patch stuff is being tested on the beta right now, it's possible that there might not even be a PTR. If there is, I could see it only lasting a few weeks just to sort things out unless anything gamebreaking happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Just a standard media NDA, nothing major other than wanting it to come out the day of the movie too

- - - Updated - - -

Pre-patch stuff is being tested on the beta right now, it's possible that there might not even be a PTR. If there is, I could see it only lasting a few weeks just to sort things out unless anything gamebreaking happens.
    Not expecting a PTR either

Holy shit sloot's chat is awful. Legendaries being usable in raids day will not affect 99% of players and won't affect most mythic raiders. It will hurt the world first race but honestly who cares. If you play the game weekly chances are you will get a legendary eventually. If you cannot join a guild because you don't have a legendary then find a different one. I'll take great players with bad RNG all day long because eventually the boss will go down. I'm glad they are making us focus on 1-2 characters the game doesn't need to be alt friendly. Yay 3 raid tiers I'm happy :3

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    because if they were planning to setup ptr soon they'd have a good window to know when the prepatch will be released? The fact that they still don't know means their schedule isnt that great? You know its 10th june now? Meaning if they release PTR today it will release in mid/late july? Since they dont know it will probably be released august 7th? Sigh
    These prepatch PTR cycles are usually a month long, so they have like two weeks to still make that window. They probably do know what their target is, but there is a difference between committing to a date publically and having a target internally. A difference that's obviously lost on a simple soul like you.

because if they were planning to setup ptr soon they'd have a good window to know when the prepatch will be released? The fact that they still don't know means their schedule isnt that great? You know its 10th june now? Meaning if they release PTR today it will release in mid/late july? Since they dont know it will probably be released august 7th? Sigh
    They fucked up the demon invasion event twice, I doubt they are confident giving out any PTR release dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    These prepatch PTR cycles are usually a month long, so they have like two weeks to still make that window. They probably do know what their target is, but there is a difference between committing to a date publically and having a target internally. A difference that's obviously lost on a simple soul like you.
    They literally were just paraphrased tonight as saying they do not have a date. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    They fucked up the demon invasion event twice, I doubt they are confident giving out any PTR release dates.
    To be fair it worked fine when it got started. It was the servers being dumb, not the event.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I bet the mega dungeon is 5m karazhan. Environment art is already there so all theyd need to do is put a bunch of bosses in it.
    I could see that. Transcript also talks about the heavy Khadgar tie-in this xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    They literally were just paraphrased to night as saying they do not have a date. At all.
    You also paraphrased "something very special" by FinalBoss to mean the announcement of new features. I mean, maybe reading between the lines isn't your strong suit? Temper yourself, seriously. This petulant whining does not look good on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny how in this post you are spewing "Blizzard never does X" when pretty much every other post its all about how "l-legion is d-different don't you s-see?!"
    Please clarify.

In this case I would actually say they should be obligated to give us this information if they want people to pay for the damn game after the massive abortion that was Warlords of Draenor. Instead they gave common sense answers to common sense questions, mentioned that 7.1 would be a thing. They have plans for atleast 1 new dungeon. An Orc isn't the fucking final boss. These are common sense things, especially after WoD.
    They did. You're also basing all of this off of one interview out of however many other people who interviewed the devs. This was just the first stuff to come out after the NDA was lifted. Everything up until now was pretty much pure speculation, we knew that Blizzard agreed that they fucked up with WoD, but they never really explained their plans with how they will end up fixing that when it comes down to post expansion content. The information that was revealed tonight is sufficient enough information that one should have expected to hear from this summit and I have to laugh at anybody who expected anything more from them.

also lol is that Orc boss comment fucking real, that blows me away even after knowing that it's coming from you

If you really are desperate to see what the "big thing" is (despite your claims that you seem to not care, even though it's pretty clear that you do), the closest thing to that is the "mega dungeon" that was mentioned earlier.

I still think July 19th is the most likely, but the 12th or 26th could happen. 5th not being an option since it's the day after a holiday. Just expect it sometime in July, that's all

Today is the 10th. Monday is the 13th.
    of july, if that wasn't obvious...

Thank Chaud and Red Shirt Guy for actually telling people to lower there expectations. Seriously Chaud, if you are still here you probably just saved people ALOT of grief.
    I think there's loads of information being confirmed that we outright didn't know, so they went far above what I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

are you that stupid? You say PTR cycle are usually a month long and then say they can make it in 2 weeks? They just literaly said "we dont know the prepatch date" and you think they will be able to know it in 1-2 weeks?

BTW, They also said "we keep changing the prepatch date" Meaning, they keep changing it INTERNALLY.

Logic, use it.

are you that stupid? You say PTR cycle are usually a month long and then say they can make it in 2 weeks? They just literaly said "we dont know the prepatch date" and you think they will be able to know it in 1-2 weeks?

BTW, They also said "we keep changing the prepatch date" Meaning, they keep changing it INTERNALLY.

Logic, use it.
    We don't get a confirmed prepatch date until a week before (the actual patch) regardless of PTR, generally iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account

Logic, use it.
    key word: usually. Things aren't too usual for this expansions testing. Yes, the PTR is usually up for a month. However, considering how what is usually tested on the PTR is currently being tested on beta (invasion), it's very possible that if there is one, the PTR could only be up for a few weeks.

Logic, use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We don't get a confirmed prepatch date until a week before (the actual patch) regardless of PTR, generally iirc.
    I am not sure how that's even relevant? My point is even blizzard doesnt know when the prepatch will be, especially when the expansion is 2 months away.

Logic, use it.
    so maybe what we just witnessed was the beginning of the announcement of the expansion delay.

If the PTR cycle is usually a month long and it's June 10th. Then yes, it speaks to reason that if they push a PTR build within the next two weeks, they can still make a mid to late July target easily. I'm not sure what's so difficult to grasp for you here. And to answer your second point, of course their target is fluid? That's how development works, sometimes it looks like you're making strides -- sometimes it doesn't.

Which is also why committing to a date publically is not something you should expect until Blizzard knows exactly when they can land.

You also paraphrased "something very special" by FinalBoss to mean the announcement of new features. I mean, maybe reading between the lines isn't your strong suit? Temper yourself, seriously. This petulant whining does not look good on you.
    I did temper myself, I came out pleasantly surprised tonight. Final Boss did directly mention a new feature because he has tweets directly saying that wasn't what this was about from not too long ago after people started to get hyped up.

Please clarify.
    There is nothing to clarify. You flip flop as it suites you.

They did. You're also basing all of this off of one interview out of however many other people who interviewed the devs. This was just the first stuff to come out after the NDA was lifted.
    There are atleast 5 interview sources up around the web at this point all pretty much saying the exact same things with the exception of the Blizzwatch stuff about the new Lords of War Series. So to say I am thinking its "fucking nothing" too soon is... laughable at best.

Everything up until now was pretty much pure speculation, we knew that Blizzard agreed that they fucked up with WoD, but they never really explained their plans with how they will end up fixing that when it comes down to post expansion content. The information that was revealed tonight is sufficient enough information that one should have expected to hear from this summit and I have to laugh at anybody who expected anything more from them.
    All of this stuff, while speculated on, had a pretty logical common sense answer and pretty much every answer given tonight outside of MAYBE the 7.1 Dungeon was common sense.

also lol is that Orc boss comment fucking real, that blows me away even after knowing that it's coming from you
    What do you mean is it real? They actually said that yes. Why does it blow you away? Because I said it was common sense? Anyone who is beyond the point of the age of 12 could see after WoD they were gonna steer pretty damn far away from Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I could see that. Transcript also talks about the heavy Khadgar tie-in this xpac
    Also, In the newest prepatch quest...kara is overrun with demons and an echo of Medvih. It def feels like they were setting something up there.