Not sure if anyone else has said it yet, but my friend got Beta via a blizzard wave today/yesterday (it was after the Legion future patch update). Guess they are still going out?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has said it yet, but my friend got Beta via a blizzard wave today/yesterday. Guess they are still going out?
    mentioned several times yes they did another invite wave with the twitter contest. all as prep for todays Launch test I imagine.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look on the bright side, launch day stress testing means an imminent deployment. Those are among the very last things tested in a beta cycle.

(Immenent as in soon, not imminent as in next week.)

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Hi quick question how powerful are LV100 WoD vs. Legion?

Is it easier to raid during pre-Launch for the final Mount push?
    All group buffs are gone, so we got significantly weaker in instances. Not to mention that some specs are missing critical pieces of their rotation.

Every time I see Nightborne armor I need it for my mage. *crosses fingers for cosmetic sets*

Really enjoyed the comic. Would have liked to see a bit more of Elisande's thought process that led to her decision to join the Legion.

So the 6th artifact apprentice is for a later patch.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    All group buffs are gone, so we got significantly weaker in instances. Not to mention that some specs are missing critical pieces of their rotation.
    haha yeah, because that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There are other changes as well that seem to go beyond the lack of buffs. Mythic dungeons are *significantly* harder. What is a snoozefest at ilvl 700 on Live is like Challenge Mode material on PTR, at least from the perspective of damage taken. On example that comes to mind is the first boss of Everbloom; his breath attack takes away 90% of my ~715 Prot paladin's health pool. And just in general, it seems as though magic damage has been somehow tuned upward, although I'm not sure why they would do that. It could be that a lot of the difficulty is just attributable to how much squishier and less self-sufficient tanks are.

Obviously if you're in a Mythic-geared group that blows everything up in three GCD's then it's not very noticeable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    And number nine will be from the shop /s

The explanation he just gave for artifact differences was the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    I wish people could do tests on training dummies to tell the power difference of Live vs. PTR as a whole rather than arguing via single aspects.

A lot of unnecessary drama could be prevented if arguments like "Fury is bad because that one ability increases damage taken" or "Afflock is bad in PvP because their Artifact ability is weak".

It does not matter that Buffs were removed if the base damage numbers were increased as compensation.
    The issue is that base numbers werent increased. From a purely numbers related standpoint, Live L100s are outperfoming L110s due to the batshit crazy scaling in HFC. Blizzard knows that not having the artifacts is going to royally fuck every single spec that has been extensively tuned around having it (read: every spec in the game). They have implemented a massive nerf to the mobs/bosses in HFC because they know that performance from everyone is going to go down.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-07-07 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The explanation he just gave for artifact differences was the dumbest shit I have ever heard.
    Relay for those of us at work? How bad? From 1 to Chris Brown how mad should I be?
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just seen the comic as well...

Does it take place just before the invasion of the Burning Legion, because Gul'dan is there with the Legion and such.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Relay for those of us at work? How bad? From 1 to Chris Brown how mad should I be?
    Basically the reason some of the hidden ones are easy to find, supposedly, is because they reflect a specific play style. The example he gave is literally the only one I can think of in the game. He says Hunters some like guns, some like bows, so that is why the Hunter one is easy to get.

I like Craig, but that is the dumbest shit. What about, for instance, the Enhancement one that drops from a world boss? Its just another hammer variation. Why is it so easy to obtain if its just the same damn thing? Stupid explanation for them basically being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Just seen the comic as well...

Does it take place just before the invasion of the Burning Legion, because Gul'dan is there with the Legion and such.
    Yes, it happens during the initial phase of invasion.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Well if you're looking at the appearances tab on wowhead, it's actually the 5th. The very bottom appearances are the ones that exist in game at the moment.

Gul'dan also has Ner'zhul's staff in the comic or at least a lookalike.

Basically the reason some of the hidden ones are easy to find, supposedly, is because they reflect a specific play style. The example he gave is literally the only one I can think of in the game. He says Hunters some like guns, some like bows, so that is why the Hunter one is easy to get.

I like Craig, but that is the dumbest shit. What about, for instance, the Enhancement one that drops from a world boss? Its just another hammer variation. Why is it so easy to obtain if its just the same damn thing? Stupid explanation for them basically being lazy.
    So like a Kramer on stage. (~7)
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Another horribly boring Q&A.

3/5 shadow priest dagger skins are just different Old God body parts. Including the hidden skin :I