Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I think what Paula was saying is that the exp given vs the time/effort to complete and turn in them isn't worth it based on the exp granted from Legion startings.
    Well sort of. More along the lines of, being launch night I expect disconnects (pesky IoT Portal) and because of the disconnects I usually try and stick to things that can be done nearly instantly. Garrison Table Dailies and the Missives are a good idea. I think Tanaan, even the first batch of dailies you get a day, are not worth it due to the disconnects that are probably gonna happen. Hopping from Garrison to Dalaran? Easy enough. Hopping from Garrison to Ashran to Tanaan to Dalaran? Probably gonna have at least one disconnect in there.

You could also argue, purely from a math standpoint, that yes, the time effort put into them is just not worth it at all either, referring to the Garrison ones of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @Paula Deen @Terran double check when you quote!
    I didn't see the /s till after I already replied. It was too late. It was always too late.

why are so many people obsessing over gathering up warlords dailies and turning them in for massed exp, with the treasure addon, and dungeons mixed with questing, you can easily get to level 110 and still have enough storyline quests left over to get yourself a decent set of starting gear to push you into heroics if you get lucky with quest upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Project 501D13R View Post
    why are so many people obsessing over gathering up warlords dailies and turning them in for massed exp, with the treasure addon, and dungeons mixed with questing, you can easily get to level 110 and still have enough storyline quests left over to get yourself a decent set of starting gear to push you into heroics if you get lucky with quest upgrades.
    Its about speed. Nothing more or less.

For what it's worth - if you want absolute minmax I recommend the garrison, but given how legion content stands I see no real reason to actually. I'm just going to go straight into legion so I can work on getting all the zones completed (which will be after I hit 110 regardless)

No sneaky /s' here
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

i see the /s but to be fair, yes, i did try them. missives reward 22k xp. daily dungeon quests from saurfang reward 30k xp. completing them prior to launch and then turning them in can get you almost half a level, if you manage to start doing them in advance early enough to get 25 ready to go. 22k is as good as the average legion quest reward, so still worth it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I haven't bothered doing a test run so I can't really know tbh. I don't think I'd enter a single portal, I'd just fly to each apexis area, kill 1-2 mobs to get completion then fly to the next one. It shouldn't take that long. And it mostly interests me because you want to spend some time on your class hall as soon as you hit 101 so getting there before you get in the pace of doing quests in Broken Isles would imo be ideal.
    no reason to do that. just have them completed before hand and turn the quest in. missives don't auto complete when you're finished with the progress bar.
    Last edited by neck deep; 2016-07-08 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    For what it's worth - if you want absolute minmax I recommend the garrison, but given how legion content stands I see no real reason to actually. I'm just going to go straight into legion so I can work on getting all the zones completed (which will be after I hit 110 regardless)

No sneaky /s' here
    Pathfinder is something to think about as well. I mean, doing EVERY quest in the new zones is all but mandatory if you want to complete that, so might as well just go balls deep in the Isles.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Soooo, Legion legendarys can be transmogged into other stuff and vice versa. Now that's a break in rules I didn't expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Soooo, Legion legendarys can be transmogged into other stuff and vice versa. Now that's a break in rules I didn't expect.
    Not a huge shock to be honest. For a good while everyone's going to be running around with the same skins on them, so I get it. Plus...transmogs... need colors.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Not a huge shock to be honest. For a good while everyone's going to be running around with the same skins on them, so I get it. Plus...transmogs... need colors.
    I was talking about legendary items, not artifacts.

They are all reskins of old items, so its no surprise that it works in either direction.

They are all reskins of old items, so its no surprise that it works in either direction.
    But at the end of the day they are labled as legendaries. No matter how they look, blizz never wanted people to mog their stuff into legendary appearences. I thought that was worth noting.

But at the end of the day they are labled as legendaries. No matter how they look, blizz never wanted people to mog their stuff into legendary appearences. I thought that was worth noting.
    It's applied to the old legendaries because of their distinctive appearance as badges of honour.
    That isn't true of these newer items, which don't even look unique.

Blizzard has no reason to block transmog into item apparances that you could obtain without obtaining the legendary.

You can't say that they applied this rule "no matter how they look" because this is the first time a legendary has had an appearance that wasn't unique. Clearly that is where the exception to the rule exists.

7+ Year Old Account
    "If you want to maintain multiple specs at at high level, it will take a similar amount of effort as you would have put in with another expansion"

I am seriusly worried for the artifact system. It's only to me seems - as it is now - a huge bullshit?
    Look like we are force to use a single spec! Why Blizzard dont undertand how crucials are the off spec for guilds and for the game itself? :/

What advantage give to you?
    I mean Legion is a bit different... now the mobs are the same level as you, so even with same exp point, you are not "overpowered" and this don't help to rush...
    (but the gear from HD/mithyc raid help).

The new tapping system help a lot to finishing fast the "apexis style quests", and expecially if you got a gather profession, its better gather materials soon as you enter in Broken isles.

Also you needs reputations/AP/Class hall resource for progress in Legion... so isnt better use this "speed" with Legion stuff?

Maybe this time le launch will be smoother then WoD and because we can starts in 4 difference zones, will be less crowded... maybe!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    "If you want to maintain multiple specs at at high level, it will take a similar amount of effort as you would have put in with another expansion"

I am seriusly worried for the artifact system. It's only to me seems - as it is now - a huge bullshit?
    Look like we are force to use a single spec! Why Blizzard dont undertand how crucials are the off spec for guilds and for the game itself? :/

What advantage give to you?
    I mean Legion is a bit different... now the mobs are the same level as you, so even with same exp point, you are not "overpowered" and this don't help to rush...
    (but the gear from HD/mithyc raid help).

The new tapping system help a lot to finishing fast the "apexis style quests", and expecially if you got a gather profession, its better gather materials soon as you enter in Broken isles.

Also you needs reputations/AP/Class hall resource for progress in Legion... so isnt better use this "speed" with Legion stuff?

Maybe this time le launch will be smoother then WoD and because we can starts in 4 difference zones, will be less crowded... maybe!
    I have no intent to really play with the old quests this time around. I was just saying why people do it.

I was talking about legendary items, not artifacts.
    Gotcha, I must have misread, my bad. Seems interesting, I've not looked closely at their models yet so I can't comment.

Deleted
    Esteemed Paula, speaking of reskins. Would you have a new avatar ready to celebrate the prepatch? Maybe with some fel green? The current one is, as always, exquisite, but we've been enjoying it for quite a while, so a new one would be a great touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Esteemed Paula, speaking of reskins. Would you have a new avatar ready to celebrate the prepatch? Maybe with some fel green? The current one is, as always, exquisite, but we've been enjoying it for quite a while, so a new one would be a great touch.
    You've got something on your nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    me neither ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

And I don't care if I haven't gotten in yet...Would be nice though.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I haven't had time to make edits for like 2 years. Its why it hasn't changed... that and I reformatted and lost everything except the current avatar I have, which I don't even think is an edit, just some google image.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-07-08 at 04:49 PM.

What will you give in return for your butter...