Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    I think, that there will be one or two builds for Alpha yet. And sometimes in February, they will announce BETA. When BETA will be announced, they will send more invites to players and to fansites to giveaway some keys (Curse, MMO-Champion, WoWhead, Eurogamer... etc).
    Reaction:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Who is laughing now

Quote Originally Posted by Ghiroza View Post
    As a Warlock I do not approve of these talent changes. Everyone is just going to HS back to town, change talents, and then get a summon back to the raid. Why would you waste time farming mats or spend gold on a tome when you can just do that.
    I also do not understand their logic, they have pushed to get rid of cookie cutter specs and allow intelligent talent choices on a fight by fight basis, now they are making it painful to do this. People will just stick to the cookie cutter build that is most versatile for the majority of situations, which is not an exciting or intelligent choice.
    You underestimate the time cost of doing that. Raid time has a different value than farm time, as well.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with cookie cutter. That issue isn't linked to where you can change talents, and isn't really solvable as long as talents actually have different effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    Reaction:

Who is laughing now
    You're off by 3 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a good chuckle on beta this morning. My goblin on the character screen was frantically stomping on bugs (that's what it looked like) then when she logged in she was on a flight path and I've never seen a bat fly so fast. Immediate disconnect when it landed, but it did give me a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    "I dont like changing talents for every boss, remove that option from everybody!"
    Nobody ever said this one. It sounds like this mess is a result of a Band-Aid fix for Inscription.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

Aside from that, you should be able to hit lvl 110 just by doing the quests, without the bonus objectives. that are in them.

- - - Updated - - -

I just did All the zones. story (loremaster) and quest chains. After that I had like 4-5 quests in every zone, and was at 108.5

(each quest gives 15k xp, you need 800k for 109-110.
    Not at all.. when you are questing you also doing some other stuff that give to you exp point: gathering professions/pet battles/archeology/profession quest, class hall mission, rare and treasures.

This is the reason why for me the exp from quests must be reduced or you are at level 110 just with 3 zones and we must need our copied characters for a better evaluations of this.

- - - Updated - - -

btw.. No Warcraft movie promotions for my Country! Blame bureaucracy!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...soon-5-17-2016
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Not at all.. when you are questing you also doing some other stuff that give to you exp point: gathering professions/pet battles/archeology/profession quest, class hall mission, rare and treasures.

This is the reason why for me the exp from quests must be reduced or you are at level 110 just with 3 zones and we must need our copied characters for a better evaluations of this.
    Why should you get to 110 with only 3 zones? It should be 2.5 level per zone so you do all 4 of them.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Why should you get to 110 with only 3 zones? It should be 2.5 level per zone so you do all 4 of them.
    Because you have nothing left to experience if you're required to 100% everything just to get to an arbitrary level with no benefits. Not to mention the fact that you have nothing left to experience or explore on your 2nd, or 3rd, or 10th time through. It will be the exact. same. thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    Because you have nothing left to experience if you're required to 100% everything just to get to an arbitrary level with no benefits. Not to mention the fact that you have nothing left to experience or explore on your 2nd, or 3rd, or 10th time through. It will be the exact. same. thing.
    Its been always like that, and you need to do them anyway to unlock world quest in given zone.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...urce=app-other

Beginning on May 25 through August 1, players who log in to World of Warcraft will receive a set of movie-inspired transmogrification items.
    someone should remind me to buy some game time next week.
    i need these weapons!

Formerly known as Arafal

Um yeah thats..... kind of how playing alts works. It's the exact same thing with different abilities. Arbitrarily changing how much xp it takes only changes when you start complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Its been always like that, and you need to do them anyway to unlock world quest in given zone.
    No it hasn't. You've never been required to do 100% of every quest in every zone to get to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Um yeah thats..... kind of how playing alts works. It's the exact same thing with different abilities. Arbitrarily changing how much xp it takes only changes when you start complaining about it.
    I know how playing alts works derpy. There's a fundamental difference: you have never been required to complete 100% of every possible quest in every available zone to achieve max level.

Deleted
    Is there a difference between the beta max level pvp realm and the leveling realm? Other than that you start out with a lvl 110?

That is what Suramar is for. The class quests and flavor perks/treasures + the profession quests should keep alt leveling from being the exact same thing each time.

you have never been required to complete 100% of every possible quest in every available zone to achieve max level.
    Kinda. In Mists you basically had to scrape against Loremaster before you could hit 90 in 5.0.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You're off by 3 months?
    Point of that post was that MMO-Champion will give away BETA keys

I know how playing alts works derpy. There's a fundamental difference: you have never been required to complete 100% of every possible quest in every available zone to achieve max level.
    The problem with speaking in absolutes

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Kinda. In Mists you basically had to scrape against Loremaster before you could hit 90 in 5.0.
    Here's the fun part - if you still have two zones leftover after you hit 110 the flying crowd cries harder about how they're 'forced' to do stuff they don't want to.

If Blizzard argues you unlock flying by doing stuff you would do anyway, you can't have two zones leftover as a gate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You didn't complete Loremaster for every zone and find yourself 1.5 levels from cap and wondering where you're going to come up with the difference. Did I miss any "bonus" objectives? Where there any out of the way quests that weren't near any flight points that I could have missed? I guess I have to go do profession quests, even though I don't actually want to use them. That is how it plays currently.

It's pretty clear that they still need to balance it. First attempt may have been too fast, 2nd attempt was obviously too slow. They need to find the middle ground.

They will fix the XP amounts. It took them until just about the last build to do it in MoP.

I finished questing through Stormheim last night on Horde side last night. I never had an opinion on Genn Greymane before and now I hate the fucker. You can't stop to take a piss in the brushes without a Worgen yelling at you for being a monster.

Stop to chat with the locals? "FUCK YOU, I'M GENN GREYMANE"

Wrestle a bear? "I WILL STOP YOU, MONSTER!"

Have a romantic dinner with a shield maiden? "NOPE, I'M GENN FUCKING GREYMANE"

Blow up a boat with Genn on it? "DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE THAT EASY, TENNO!?"

Honestly, between Genn and Jaina I think Sylvanas is the least troublesome leader in the Warcraft universe.