The Class Halls are only "instances" at all in that they will shard into different servers if they go over a population cap.
    They aren't instances by default, they are just areas accessible to only one class, available after you do a series of scenarios.

so is this weird mob called Krosus stronger than Arthas or why does Tirion randomly die?

btw http://www.strawpoll.me/11094365

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    so is this weird mob called Krosus stronger than Arthas or why does Tirion randomly die?

Fel is immune to light in a sense, undeath isn't. So, that's why tirion got ass fucked, also...tirion died from balnazzars prison guard demon during the ashbringer quest, not from krosus LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Fel is immune to light in a sense, undeath isn't. So, that's why tirion got ass fucked, also...tirion died from balnazzars prison guard demon during the ashbringer quest, not from krosus LOL!
    oh TIL thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post

tirion was floating before the "temple of a god" how gul'dan loves to call it.
    surrounded by fel, getting choked, with the only a weak shield of light for protection.

gul'dan even said the light couldnt hear and reach him there.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account

?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The Class Halls are only "instances" at all in that they will shard into different servers if they go over a population cap.
    They aren't instances by default, they are just areas accessible to only one class, available after you do a series of scenarios.
    Instance tech has come a long way over the years.
    Technically your Garrison is a instance despite seamlessly transitioning in the world. (see 'instance not found: transfer aborted' when they crap out).
    In such a way I assume every class hall is an instance tho some are much more clear about it then others. (Mage, priest, druid, monk for example being clearly in a separate location behind a loading screen while Paladins/rogue are much more subtle).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Legion needs a release countdown thread! Its less than 2 days left!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Instance tech has come a long way over the years.
    Technically your Garrison is a instance despite seamlessly transitioning in the world. (see 'instance not found: transfer aborted' when they crap out).
    In such a way I assume every class hall is an instance tho some are much more clear about it then others. (Mage, priest, druid, monk for example being clearly in a separate location behind a loading screen while Paladins/rogue are much more subtle).
    Garrisons are instances because they needed to be in order to be private spaces. Only you can go to your Garrison, thus it needs to be instanced. Only you and people in your party can see your Garrison, obviously what instancing technology is used for.
    Order Halls on the other hand are public spaces. They are shared with everyone else who happens to be online at the same time as you, partied up or not. These therefore are not instances.

Think for a moment, why would they be? The only reason instancing is used is to separate players, either because they are supposed to be in a small group or for server stability reasons.
    The latter applies everywhere now and is thus unimportant, the former isn't important to Order Halls because these areas do not separate you from other players.

The only separation used by Order Halls is to separate out other classes, but this is simply done by making the entrances inaccessible to anyone but the desired entrants. You can see that there's no actual instancing separating players here because of the guards that teleported people who managed to get into the Paladin hall on Beta. They weren't booted by the load screen, they're were thrown out by an NPC.
    This isn't instancing either.

For all practical purposes, Order Halls are not instanced. Being behind a load screen isn't what makes something an instance or not, nor is physical location within the world, it is your degree of separation from other players due to server fracturing to put each of you into your own separate instance of the location. Hence the term. Order Halls do not do this.
    They are the same as any other public zone, like Stormwind, Dalaran, or Durotar. If you'd call those instances, well... at that point the whole game takes place within them, so you should probably narrow your usage :P
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-08-27 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Legion needs a release countdown thread! Its less than 2 days left!
    Yeah, less then two days for EU.

(as an East Coast USA person, i cri.)

7+ Year Old Account
    idk, what i should do, should i stay away from mmo-c till the game arrives for me, or should i watch you miserable little beasts get washed away in despair by rolling disconnects and hour long queue times we'll probably get?

i mean, on the one side, more entertainment for me, on the other we have the as fast as light dataminers getting the cinematics out of the hell which results in me getting an extreme urge to watch them, and that's bad because the cinematics loose their feel of awesomeness.

Formerly known as Arafal

Order Halls on the other hand are public spaces. They are shared with everyone else who happens to be online at the same time as you, partied up or not. These therefore are not instances.
    Hint: Invasions are instanced.

Easiest way to keep other classes out of class halls is to make them instances that only the respective class can enter. You can still make them shared public spaces for members of that class.

The whole world is instanced.... what do you think phasing is?

I can pretty much guarantee that the order halls themselves are in separate instances to the surrounding zone\city.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    idk, what i should do, should i stay away from mmo-c till the game arrives for me, or should i watch you miserable little beasts get washed away in despair by rolling disconnects and hour long queue times we'll probably get?

i mean, on the one side, more entertainment for me, on the other we have the as fast as light dataminers getting the cinematics out of the hell which results in me getting an extreme urge to watch them, and that's bad because the cinematics loose their feel of awesomeness.
    I hope to take a nap, wake up around 2:00am EST and read about what bugs or problems EU ran into in the hopes that they can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I am back guys, just before legion's release, going to try to help make the thread reach 5K

HYPE
    Hey, i saw you in the funeral rp.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2016-08-28 at 01:03 AM.

No one must know of this...

Tell them only that the king is dead, and that bjoramier, died with him
    Oh yah...kk. Can I warn people about sargeras' arrival as well? :I

7+ Year Old Account
    No one must know of this...

Tell them only that the king is dead, and that bjoramier, died with him
    my arcane servants are all around stormwind and ironforge my friend, i know more about you than you do.
    no secret is kept hidden from me!

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering guys/girls where, when, who, how, why, can you get the Transmog Sets from the Class Order Halls of your classes?
    I know I remember reading something you can get a armor set for each Hall you have from a vendor.

- - - Updated - - -

I am back guys, just before legion's release, going to try to help make the thread reach 5K

HYPE
    Oh hi once again Dwarf.
    MMO-Champ was nice enough to rez you after the raid? :L

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Oh yah...kk. Can I warn people about sargeras' arrival as well? :I
    So you want to be those guys/girls handing fillers in the main cities?
    For the Horde!

wow all but 1 post on this page is behind an ignore warning
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    wow all but 1 post on this page is behind an ignore warning
    Why me? I didn't do anything. I'm nice.

- - - Updated - - -

i was resurrected by jasontheking, he found me in game so the gods of mmo champion were forced to resurrect me
    Indeed, I would've killed them if they'd declined. However, this is you LAST chance in order to NOT get banned. Mess up, and you'll be banned.