Deleted

Worldbreaker's Resolve - How to Track SB Magical DR?

I managed to get my hands on a Worldbreaker, and I'm now wondering how to track the magical DR from Shield Block (or rather "how to be sure it's there")? I was expecting a second buff, similar to the T17 4-piece, each time I'd pop a Shield Block, but I'm not seeing anything of the sort.

The only way for me to actually know whether it's working would be to take some magical damage then compare the intake before and after Shield Block.. Either that or blindly trust what is written on the trinket... Intended or something else going on here?

While shield block is up you have the magical damage reduction. Seems pretty easy to track.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    While shield block is up you have the magical damage reduction. Seems pretty easy to track.
    You didn't understand/read what I wrote, : (

It will just be by the amount it says on the tooltip, it shouldn't fluctuate at all during the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It will just be by the amount it says on the tooltip, it shouldn't fluctuate at all during the fight.
    Yes. But my question is how to be sure the DR is actually there? Since we don't have any confirmation on the Shield Block tooltip, neither do we have an additional buff called, for example, "Worldbreaker's Resolve: All magical damage is reduced by x% for x seconds".

Until now, these sorts of mechanics always came with a buff to give some sort of confirmation of them being active. In this case we've got nothing - just the simple wording on the trinket's tooltip. Also, tracking Shield Block isn't enough, since its tooltip hasn't been updated to confirm the magical DR from the trinket.

I'm not sure how it works, but (if I understood your question) get an addon called MSBT > duel a Mage or any other spell class > tell them to use a spell on you while you have Shield Block up > use another spell when SB is down > check the difference between both damages and do the math.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Headscutter View Post
    I'm not sure how it works, but (if I understood your question) get an addon called MSBT > duel a Mage or any other spell class > tell them to use a spell on you while you have Shield Block up > use another spell when SB is down > check the difference between both damages and do the math.
    Yep, no other choice it seems, and I find it to be rather strange.

Back in Dragon Soul, we had a very similar passive from Tier bonus. It reduced magical damage by 20% each time we used Shield Block for 6 seconds. We did have a separate buff which activated as we used SB, clearly showing the DR. I'd think it's only natural.

Deleted
    maybe the tooltip of the spell / buff has changed and added this bonus ?

Deleted
    I was expecting a separate buff too but this is the way it is, the magic DR is there though so however you used to track SB doesn't need to change, but now it's both a block buff and a magic DR, no separate buff needed really.

I wouldn't trust that the DR works any more if I had an extra buff for it. Would still want to test it. (Hint: it works. Just track block like normal).