Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I've had the ring for the last couple of weeks now, and it's been quite entertaining, going down with visions on kilrogg and blowing it when you're out for 1.7 million damage is lol worthy.

Regarding DKs though, we're in a fairly decent spot for both frost and Unholy currently, we've been in far worse spots.
    Last edited by Paleaura; 2015-07-25 at 01:03 PM.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Deleted
    My RL has assigned me and the other DK to handle ring activations once the rest of the group gets it next reset.

At the moment, It's only me, hunter, warrior and 2 healers with the ring.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-07-26 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    My RL has assigned me and the other DK to handle ring activations once the rest of the group gets it next reset.

At the moment, It's only me, hunter, warrior and 2 healers with the ring.
    We've got ~16 or so with the ring in our main raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleaura View Post
    We've got ~16 or so with the ring in our main raid.
    Lucky.

Think next reset we'll have most of the team with rings bar the odd 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Lucky.

Think next reset we'll have most of the team with rings bar the odd 1 or 2.
    We actually ended up with 19 this week, just in time for M Gorefiend progression (which is great as UH because all you need to do is sit on the boss and spread NP around like a madman and do ridiculous damage)

highly frustrated with the random nature of things this time around. not gonna get ring until august 4th reset.

but, i think DKs are in a decent place. there are a few things i'd like to change, like having more consistency instead of randomness in our rotation/priority list. we're certainly doing better than some other specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleaura View Post
    We actually ended up with 19 this week, just in time for M Gorefiend progression (which is great as UH because all you need to do is sit on the boss and spread NP around like a madman and do ridiculous damage)
    You use the ring duing p1? I find the dmg from the explosion sort of ruins the whole dont touch the digest victims unless its your job

Quote Originally Posted by Tigersgora View Post
    You use the ring duing p1? I find the dmg from the explosion sort of ruins the whole dont touch the digest victims unless its your job
    Our GM (Spriest) pops it, and positions himself so that he nukes the fixating adds or the boss on the far right sife away from spirits with it. It's hilarious to just watch your dots flood your floating combat text on the fight though. ~65% of my damage is necrotic plague and wandering plague.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I have all respect for Skullflower, however whatever his finding had been, Blizzard should have never nerfed DKs so soon after 6.2 and nerfing the trinkets they use.

It was not really called for YET.

Warrior got nerfed slighly AFTER 3 weeks of logs in heroic and mythic.

Blizzard responds immediately to warrior asking for the reason for nerfs and DKs got NO answer. That is mind blowing annoying.

The current situation is this:

note, that we need to split thing by level. It is STUPID to say to the masses of DKs that DKs are fine in full mythic gear. Almost ALL players will not get to mythic.

If you are doing heroic and have the 4p and the two bis trinket: you will be mid range to above average. It will take good rotation and plenty of ams soaking and positioning.

If you are doing mythic, you will be in the middle to top tiers on certains fights with unholy. You will not be top tiers in frost.

During transition, heroic to mythic: your gear and power will progress steadily but your ranking relative to others will stay the same or recede a bit.

Anyone doing mythic now can correct me and give me an accurate and personal experience feedback (no anecdotal shit please).
    You know I'm starting to see more people blame skullflower for nerfing dks to rectify the simulation mistakes or whatever that happened and look better for Blizzard. Not saying I believe them I just uh, find it interesting how quick the turnaround has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Choot View Post
    You know I'm starting to see more people blame skullflower for nerfing dks to rectify the simulation mistakes or whatever that happened and look better for Blizzard. Not saying I believe them I just uh, find it interesting how quick the turnaround has been.
    It does boil down to ultimately being his fault. I appreciate the things hes done for the class, but he should have double checked the api he was using before handing the information to blizzard.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is Blizzard doing blindly trusting someones findings (employee in a few weeks or not) without consulting their own glorious data that they harp on about non stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    What is Blizzard doing blindly trusting someones findings (employee in a few weeks or not) without consulting their own glorious data that they harp on about non stop?
    It still fixed allot of things, can't wait for him to be on the team and to see what's in store. We are in a better spot now (2h frost aside) than we have been for a while. It all worked out ok and everyone makes mistakes. Need to remember the people coding the game and doing all the calculations are not machines they will make mistakes.

Deleted
    From my point DD DKs are on worst spot since Highmaul Blood boil nerf and SS, FeS buff.

Taking statistics from heroic because my guild wont never achieve to have more than 15 guys raiding on same day. Last week period reflecting latest buffs/nerfs:
    www [dot] warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8#sample=7&difficulty=4

Its sad only shadow priests and WW monks having worse statistics. Worst part is that those 2 classes have only 1 dps talent spec.

I thought the main aim for 6.2 was to somehow revive frost spec to allow DKs to try something else than unholy in PVE. But as I can see from the statistics, frost is falling down every day. If I remember correctly in 6.2 unholy was slightly nerfed (necrosis) and frost buffed. So now when unholy is performing better than frost in most cases, 6.2 was actually nerf for us.

Of course Skull is doing great job for DKs community, but it would be good to be sometimes 1st on the dps meter.
    www [dot] mmo-champion.com/threads/1757674-6-2-Death-Knight-Changes-Discussion?p=34642558&viewfull=1#post34642558

Suffer well my minions

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    It still fixed allot of things, can't wait for him to be on the team and to see what's in store. We are in a better spot now (2h frost aside) than we have been for a while. It all worked out ok and everyone makes mistakes. Need to remember the people coding the game and doing all the calculations are not machines they will make mistakes.
    Point still stands. Every single PTR cycle we hear the same tired excuse about their own internal data. I was involved in the Beta and all PTR cycles in the last few years and have seen lots of really good data from Enh Shamans (and many other classes for that matter) much better at math than myself as well as providing many logs of my own through the cycles (didnt during 6.2 PTR as I switched to my Blood DK). Every single time sims and real world results from our side of the fence have told a very similar story. The reasoning behind the lack of buffs heading into the patch and waiting for the first two weeks is "our internal data shows a different story". Fine. I can swallow that pill.

Then this situation arises where soon to be employee gets the data wrong and they introduce it live and their glorious master data didn't highlight a discrepancy? I accept that people make mistakes and dont get me wrong, Im not pointing the finger at Skullflower, I have the utmost respect for the work he has done for the community - Im pointing the finger at Blizzard.

Over the course of this expansion, I have become extremely cynical and disgruntled with the PTR balancing process and this does absolutely nothing to instill my faith. Why is one persons data enough to substantiate sweeping buffs without any alarm bells being rung and another is not? The other major question is, why on earth was the balance patch done literally days before release?!

I dont question the fact that overall DKs are in a better place. However, roller coaster rides of buffs and nerfs and IMO just as bad as the alternative. Noone wants to feel nerfed and raising the hopes of players skyhigh to crush them under foot is a terrible feel for a lot of these players.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2015-07-29 at 08:32 AM.