Deleted

Affliction, is Drain Soul now priority?

So now when they buffed Drain Soul. Is it now better than maintaining your dots on all targets? For example in Hellfire High Council fight? GoSac gives Drain Soul even more boost now, and is apparently the best choice for singletarget patchwerk.

With t18 Classtrinket all dots are rather short and refreshing all dots doesnt really give much of a room for Drain Soul.

Is it better to not use classtrinket? And for fights like Gorefiend / Iron Reaver / Socrethar(not assigned to ghosts) / Tyrant etc... Is destro still better?
    And is GoSup still way to go in HFC over GoSac? For affli atleast.

#cantplaymyownclass

Deleted
    I think this is a good idea, but I seriously have no clue, if it would actually provide a dps increase with affl/gosac

Deleted
    It's for this reason that the Archimonde trinket is by no means the best

Though I guess it would be great for anywhere you use Cataclysm+SB: SoC

It's pretty bad design that the trinket increases a DOT's damage by just reducing it's runtime. In theory that means more dps, in practise, it's hugely offset by the fact you're having to refresh more often and losing DS/Haunt uptimes

The buffs were mostly single target oriented, although I don't think it changes your priority on multi-target, where maintaining DoTs will still be more important than channeling DS. I can't really speak for the class trinket, but as far as GoSac is concerned, it does have really high damage potential but it loses value (vs. having a pet) the less time you spend channeling DS.
    Last edited by striderZA; 2015-07-22 at 01:35 PM.

Yet another reason I miss the days when Soul Swap didn't cost a shard...

I miss shadow embrace.

Correct Drop the class trinket for Reaver Piston and use DSI

The spell power you gain over the shorter duration dots is more effective than having to recast your dots every second.

UGOS seems decent of a choice as well.

Those changes are not live so I wouldn't worry about it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Those changes are not live so I wouldn't worry about it yet
    Which changes ? The hotfixes announced two days ago ? They're live in both US and EU
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Yes the 7/20 hotfixes. The post on mmo-c said they were still in testing and I haven't seen anywhere that says they are live.

Unless the post was only made because they went live in which case that's unclear and they probably should have deleted that part about the testing.

It was tweeted on the 21st "July 20 class balance hotfixes are now live in NA and ANZ. Will be live in EU later today, in time for maintenance." a few hours later on in the day after saying they weren't up on live.

They also edited the hotfix notes to say that they're live instead of in testing.

they are certainly live. been since wednesday.