Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Questions without answers

Greetings and salutations my dear champions! How are you today?! I hope you are all fine and dandy.

Today I was talking with my boss about some things in life that we still can't answer, even with all our technology.
    So I wanted to share some of my questions with you:

• What happens with us after we die?
    • Are we alone in the universe?
    • What is heaven or hell? Do they really exists? Who is supposed to judge us?
    • Does parallel universes exist?

I'd love to hear your opinions in some of those topics, and if you have any questions, post them here too!

See you soon!

•What happens with us after we die?

We Christians believe in an afterlife. Atheists believe you are simply turned off like flicking a switch on a light.

•Are we alone in the universe?

I hope not but it's beginning to look that way. They've just started a new program that will search for aliens more thoroughly.

•What is heaven or hell? Do they really exists? Who is supposed to judge us?

I think you create your own Heaven and Hell on Earth while you're alive, this could carry over to the afterlife.

•Does parallel universes exist?

Many scientists believe they do, though not in the way popular fiction represents them.

Like most people, I really don't know and I'm fine with that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I'd like to know how some people I work with are so stupid and how they managed to keep their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

We Christians believe in an afterlife. Atheists believe you are simply turned off like flicking a switch on a light.

•Are we alone in the universe?

I hope not but it's beginning to look that way. They've just started a new program that will search for aliens more thoroughly.

•What is heaven or hell? Do they really exists? Who is supposed to judge us?

I think you create your own Heaven and Hell on Earth while you're alive, this could carry over to the afterlife.

•Does parallel universes exist?

Many scientists believe they do, though not in the way popular fiction represents them.

Like most people, I really don't know and I'm fine with that.
    How can you say it is starting to look like we are alone in the universe? We've explored like what, nothing of it?

What happens with us after we die?
    I believe in reincarnation, and if that isnt the case I think it will be ever darkness, nothing.

Are we alone in the universe?
    I really really dont hope so, the thought of us being alone is far my spooky than that there is other life forms out there.

What is heaven or hell? Do they really exists? Who is supposed to judge us?
    Heaven and Hell is what Christian religion made up, it's a way to punish or reward people for good/bad behavior, before you could simply threaten people that they would go to hell if they didnt behave, and they started to behave. They also paid the church shitloads of money for "repentent for their sins".. Its only a strategy to controll the masses.

Does parallel universes exist?
    I got a theory, or belief, that every action you make creates a parallel univers, so if you turn right instead of left you create a parallel univers where you would have gone left instead of right and everything would have been different, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

That one's easy. Burial, cremation, people fight over your wealth.
      No, there are other people on other websites.
      Heaven and Hell are described differently according to religion. They better exist after all those promises and scare tactics. The legal system judges us.
      Yes, according to the tv series Sliders.

Well if it's ever darkness we can be sure we won't be consciously aware to experience it. The question about where was our consciousness before we were born seems to point to we already know what its like not to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Greetings and salutations my dear champions! How are you today?! I hope you are all fine and dandy.

Today I was talking with my boss about some things in life that we still can't answer, even with all our technology.
    So I wanted to share some of my questions with you:

I'd love to hear your opinions in some of those topics, and if you have any questions, post them here too!

See you soon!

[*]What happens with us after we die?
    We decompose..
    [*]Are we alone in the universe?
    No, we're one of millions of species.

[*]What is heaven or hell?
    A philosophical concept,

Do they really exists?
    Most likely not.

Who is supposed to judge us?
    The justice system.

[*]Does parallel universes exist?
    Probably yes.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Heaven and Hell is what Christian religion made up, it's a way to punish or reward people for good/bad behavior, before you could simply threaten people that they would go to hell if they didnt behave, and they started to behave. They also paid the church shitloads of money for "repentent for their sins".. Its only a strategy to controll the masses.
    I wonder why people don't tell their churches "I'll give Him the 10% directly as I don't believe your collection plate will make it to Him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    [*]Are we alone in the universe?
    No, there are other people on other websites.
    lol..........

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    We decompose..
    No, we're one of millions of species.

A philosophical concept,

Most likely not.

The justice system.

Probably yes.
    You might as well have copied me verbatim.

Deleted
    Nothing special. You are dead. you decompose and stuff like that.
    No.
    What is heaven or hell?
    Some fantasy place made up by someone long time ago.
    Do they really exists?
    No.
    Who is supposed to judge us?
    Noone. Does not exist.
    This is a hard one. Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post

The same thing that's happening to us right now.

Probably not.

Mythology. Probably not. Us.

Maybe.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    You might as well have copied me verbatim.
    I didn't read any replies.. You can tell, from me quoting you afterwards

10+ Year Old Account

As an Atheists, i don't think we just dissapear, i just accept the fact that we don't know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Every question in the OP has an answer. I'm inclined to say the only questions without answers are poorly constructed questions.
    Is not that those questions don't have an answer, is that we don't have the answer to those questions

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I didn't read any replies.. You can tell, from me quoting you afterwards
    Glad to give you a laugh today!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    As an Atheists, i don't think we just dissapear, i just accept the fact that we don't know
    If you think there is more after death than the void, you're dabbling in theology. Real atheists believe there is nothing after death, void, blackness, not even the realization of blackness.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account

Depends on where you are, but you won't know anything about it so it's not really important for you, it's more a family and friends thing.

Don't know yet.

They're religious concepts to make us tow the line. Of course not. Depends on what you subscribe to.

Alternatively, you can answer "don't know" here as well.

Don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think there is more after death than the void, you're dabbling in theology. Real atheists believe there is nothing after death, void, blackness, not even the realization of blackness.
    True that......

From a bone dry scientific angle seen:
    All thoughts of us, our entire consciousness is caused by biochemical processes in our brain... When we die, the brain stops working. We no longer think.
    We stop existing. As you said, not even a big nothing, not even blackness..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If a man speaks in a forest and the is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Don't know yet.
    check the door.