Deleted

What is your Favorite Studio Ghibli Movie and why?

Of Course I start.

My Top Studio Ghibli Movie is: Kiki’s Delivery Service (Hayao Miyazaki, 1989)

It has such a innocence to it which I cannot really describe.

Maybe it is because I first saw this Movie when I was around Kikis age. I can pop in this Masterpiece at any time and any mood and it will never make me not smile.

PS: Sorry for any typos or grammar mistakes. Not a native English Speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough to say... I love them all.

It's a tie between

Grave of the Fire (Oh god THE FEELS)
    Princess Mononoke (The first one I saw, you never forget your first time )
    Nausica of the valley of the wind (Do I need to explain?)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Princess Mononoke without a doubt, Spirited Away aint that far behind though.

Princess Mononoke, coherent and not too cloying.

The Secret World of Arrietty. Very moving.

Deleted
    Princess Mononoke is my favorite. Followed by Grave of the Fireflies. The feels in GotF makes it hard to watch though.

Spirited Away

Kiki's Delivery Service is a close second.

Ps. glad I found this thread. I never knew this studio had so many great films. I usually only watched stuff by Hayao Miyazaki.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2015-07-27 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Porco Rosso for me, planes and interwar period are awesome. Mononoke is Hisaishi's best soundtrack though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
    For some reason that one always spoke to me.
    Probably all the amazing bug monsters.

Truth be told they are all fantastic though, and all Ghibli films hold a special place in my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    My Top Studio Ghibli Movie is: Kiki’s Delivery Service (Hayao Miyazaki, 1989)
    This would be mine as well for the same reasons listed. It was the first Ghibli film that I saw. Now, if you count the artists work, then Thundercats was years before, but Kiki's was the first official work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    This would be mine as well for the same reasons listed. It was the first Ghibli film that I saw. Now, if you count the artists work, then Thundercats was years before, but Kiki's was the first official work.
    Same here as well. First anime anything I had ever watched, and when I was quite young. Stuck with me for years, and it still holds up.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

This is a hard question but I think I'll go with The Castle in the Sky. I really love the sense of adventure that the movie has. Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away are not too far away from that first spot though. Nausicaa is also another fantastic one that a lot of people in this thread are going with as their choice. Really good movie with a strong message. In the end though I really love all of them though I have still to see the latest one.

Deleted
    Porco Rosso for the scene with the dead pilots above the clouds.

Princess Mononoke, cause, afaik, it's the only one I've seen.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think I can choose just one. I never could. I do have favorites (plural), however:

Kiki's Delivery Service
    Princess Mononoke
    Laputa (Castle in the Sky)
    Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
    Totoro
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Spirited Away

Those are my top Ghibli movies! I love all of 'em! I'm pretty sure Totoro is the first anime I ever remember watching as a kid, so it holds a special place.

Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle I guess, but I haven't really gotten around to seeing many/all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s