Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    just did fel lord, stopped dpsing when i got second eruption procc, still did over 600k dmg from the ring explosion I absorbed. so I guess it works boys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pichi View Post
    just did fel lord, stopped dpsing when i got second eruption procc, still did over 600k dmg from the ring explosion I absorbed. so I guess it works boys
    Yes, the ring explosion counts towards the SC explosion. The only thing that doesn't seem to work according to people who have both is: Damage absorbed by the SC proc does NOT count towards the ring explosion, if the proc doesn't get cancelled per macro or expires.

I finally had the possibility to do some quick calculations. It seems:
    - Ideal case: SC procs, and shortly before it expires the ring gets used.
    - Worst case: SC procs with ~5 seconds left on the ringbuff. Cancelling / not cancelling the SC proc shortly before the ring expires doesn't really make a big difference in that case.
    - Everything else is in between. If SC procs shortly before the buff from the ring expires, cancelling the proc is a damage loss, but you also don't lose much of the ring proc because of the absorb. If SC procs, so it would expire shortly after the ring expires, cancelling the SC buff is a damage gain.