Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why would you call someone out for correctly explaining a topic?
    You wouldn't. You would call someone out for mansplaining a topic.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
    I'm black and I'm offended. I'll summon Al Sharpton on you.
    You activated my trap card: Common Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    How awful it must have been for you, OP. To think that in the US, even the white male is at risk of being offended by mere words. Truly we have become a nation of whiners and crybabies.

Am I doing it right?
    Stop mansplanning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know what a few males do mean all of us should be labeled under one completely misused frankenword!
    Just remember that it's not sexist because the criticism is being levied at men.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I confused the term with manscaping lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like using it in a context it was never intended for. Aka, when Im told Im wrong for not being all super liberal by a super liberal man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Just remember that it's not sexist because the criticism is being levied at men.
    I mean, the male part is just one small thing to me, I'm more annoyed by the defiling of English by using such a thing as if it was a word.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I like using it in a context it was never intended for. Aka, when Im told Im wrong for not being all super liberal by a super liberal man.
    Stop being so femnaive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the male part is just one small thing to me, I'm more annoyed by the defiling of English by using such a thing as if it was a word.
    To be fair, Im pretty sure Shakesphere made up a LOT of words that we now regard as actual words...

Its kind of how language evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    You wouldn't. You would call someone out for mansplaining a topic.
    I understand what "Mansplaining" is. However, I don't think it is something that men do to women only. I have had that done to me a lot. I have had people who I have trained at work turn around and try to explain some shit to me that I already knew and was quite trivial. I honestly don't think it is a gender thing at all. Some people are just that dense. Also, i have realized that it is best to assume all people are morons till proven otherwise. So yeah, I "mansplain" to everyone until I see that you have sense and some experience on a topic.

But back to the point...If women do it too then why is it even called MANsplain? I mean, if she said "femsplain" I would have chuckled and applauded her wittyness about it. I would still want to hear what she had to say too.

I dunno. It just strikes me as odd. Like saying "wife beater" but talking about a woman who beats her husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

How awful it must have been for you, OP. To think that in the US, even the white male is at risk of being offended by mere words. Truly we have become a nation of whiners and crybabies.

Am I doing it right?
    I'm black. I thought I mentioned this over several threads by now. I am a black guy. Jamaican to be exact.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm offended that you're offended.
    I'm a little offended that I am offended too to be honest. I never thought I would be that guy. Like if you go your whole life talking about how gays are bad but fall in love with some dude later on. Feels odd being on the flip side.
    Last edited by Rhine101; 2015-07-22 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

To be fair, Im pretty sure Shakesphere made up a LOT of words that we now regard as actual words...

Pretty sure, and know

Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    But.. it is a play on the word explaining? As in how a man explains things.
    Well holy shit, I'm a dumbass.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I don't recall the last time I've seen anyone actually use a word like Shakespeare does, wouldn't he fall within Old English if anything, or something similar?

And usually created words actually serve a legitimate purpose besides just being insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedomoazul View Post
    Pretty sure, and know

Hmmmm
    Just goibg by what previous Eglish teachers and Shaksperian historians and actos have told me *shrug*

I like how many typos this has. too lazy to fix

If you want to experience femsplaining, ask your girl how to bake a cake or sew a hole in your jeans or something like that. They talk to you like you're a slow 5 year old.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Oh yeah, suddenly everyone becomes a linguistic purist when a neologism they don't like emerges. "That's soooo much dumber than every word that came before it," they say.
    If you can give me a legit reason why this should be considered an actual word, then I would point out womansplaining should be a word too.

And I don't get why you would need to be a "linguistic purist" to complain about a stupid word, but I'm pretty sure I've often stated my distaste for any form of slang.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    I don't think it is that serious. If I chat with her I think she would be understanding. She is a cool person i think. I was just shocked by how the use of that word made me feel. I honestly didn't think I would even give a shit until I heard someone use it in real life conversations like they don't even know what it means. And the fact a woman used it in reference to herself was enough to make me wonder the logic in the word itself.
    She shouldn't be using it you can chat with her or report that's about it. Your call really But remember if it was reversed and she was a man and being sexist it would not fly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall the last time I've seen anyone actually use a word like Shakespeare does, wouldn't he fall within Old English if anything, or something similar?

And usually created words actually serve a legitimate purpose besides just being insulting.
    but Shakesphere also invented insulting words!

It doesnt matter why they were invented. If it is used often and consistently enough, with the same context and meaning each time, it becomes a word.

Report her for sexism.

Just goibg by what previous Eglish teachers and Shaksperian historians and actos have told me *shrug*

I like how many typos this has. too lazy to fix
    Still the goddess of MMO <3 never change