Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post

This guy will be fun as hell.
    I'll play 2 of those in my mage deck, along with Unstable Portal!

Just imagine: Turn 1 unstable portal, bring out this guy, put him on board, he draws you another portal
    also another (both players pick) card...so faituge decks will use this.

Argent Watchman looks pretty bad. Its stats are too bad even for its 2 mana cost, and it isn't worth using your hero power just to activate him. Maybe it'll see play in a fully Inspire-themed deck, and just maybe in arena if the other 2 picks are seriously bad.

Spellslinger... I'm not sure aboutt his one. It has good stats for its cost, and gives you an extra spell card that has some extra synergy as a mage (like buffing Mana Wyrms and having Sorceress Apprentice reduce its cost). But do you really want to give your opponent a random spell card aswell? They could get the one card to completely screw you over, while you can get a crappy card you can't even use like Deadly Poison and Savagery. I could see this card being played in tempo mages.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My opinion about Demonfuse, the new Warlock card:

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Why would fatigue decks care about this? It doesn't reduce the size of their deck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    My opinion about Demonfuse, the new Warlock card:
    When you look at Demonfire (+2/2 or 2 dmg) and compare it to Demonfuse(+3/3 and give your opponent a mana crystal) its really hard to understand how +1/1 stats is worth giving your opponent a mana crystal on your turn forever...maybe if it lasted for 1 turn only, and even then it would be bad.

If anything the only good thing about this card (for the warlock) is that it nerfs the opponent's Nefarian if he uses one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    It adds a RANDOM spell card. If I understand it correctly, it can be any spell in the game. Does not say "draw" a spell card but "add" a spell card. So you can get Savagery or Deadly Poison. There are way too many shitty spells to get from this, and this being mage only card... well, it's 3/4 for 3 so it's a decent pick for Arena i guess... even then I prefer vanilla spider tank because this one can screw you over with bad RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    It adds a RANDOM spell card. If I understand it correctly, it can be any spell in the game. Does not say "draw" a spell card but "add" a spell card. So you can get Savagery or Deadly Poison. There are way too many shitty spells to get from this, and this being mage only card... well, it's 3/4 for 3 so it's a decent pick for Arena i guess... even then I prefer vanilla spider tank because this one can screw you over with bad RNG.
    it might work in a mage fatigue deck( they exist). but I don't know as mage fatigue works slightly different than druid/rogue.

New cards:

Argent Horserider
    Demonfuse

Argent Horserider is basically a mini Argent Commander. Opponent plays a 2 health 2 drop, you play AH and kill it and still have a body that'll eat up their Hero Power or something at worst by that point, and another 2 health minion at best.

Demonfuse... I can't say it better than what others already have, so I won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Argent Horserider seems pretty weak, its hard to trade with a minion with only 2 damage unless you have another minion to trade with it. In a best case scenario you trade early into a 3/2 while the opponent can't even kill the Horserider. But its more expensive version the Argent Commander can atleast trade into more stuff by itself, and he doesn't die by just 1 ping by the opponent. To make this card more useful you need to buff him with stuff like Dire Wolf Alpha, Flametongue Totem, Blessing of Might, Abusive Sergeant and other cheap buffs. So the card could provide some uses with some cheap buffs, but on its own its very weak.

Demonfuse seems pretty bad, it seems like a nice buff but the drawback is just too big. People could just use Demonfire instead, which can also be used as a removal. In an ideal situation the extra crystal you'll give won't have any effect if you've reached the late game, so you can still give a solid +3/+3 buff to your minions for only 2 mana.

Deleted
    Idk, people do play Arcane Golems in rush hunter decks but 4/2 with charge for 3 is pretty good deal even with that drawback. That +3/+3 buff... well it's not good enough. If it costed no mana then maybe. Power Overwhelming is 1 mana +4/+4 until the end of the turn. This is basically the same thing as the opponent will kill it anyway, AND it costs more mana & gives opponent extra mana so yeah, it's instant dust food.

New card on Hearthpwn: Flame Lance

Mage common 5 mana spell, deal 8 damage to a minion.

If things slow down enough to where big minions can be played regularly then it might be included once in a while. Mostly it'll be used when polymorph isn't wanted because of the 1/1 sheep left behind to be pinged, but if things are indeed slow enough for Flame Lance to be used then that 1/1 probably won't matter so much. We'll see how it plays out I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Flame Lance is not constructed playable. I assume it was added to be a worse Fireball/Polymorph to reduce the quality of Mage removal in Arena.

Deleted
    I mean it's strictly worse than Assassinate (I know, Rogue card vs Mage card) which essentially is 5 mana deal infinite damage to a minion, and Assassinate is too slow and worse than Polymorph I would say. I think they really underestimated the value of having the silence effect on Polymorph. Both Assassinate and Flame Lance could cost 4 mana honestly and then Lance would actually be a viable alternative to Poly.

Deleted
    Polymorph + Hero Power is the ultimate removal. Ignores minion healath, ignores divine shield, and ignores annoying deathrattles (shredders, Sylvanas etc etc).

It's a common mage card tho. Which means less fireballs and flamestrikes in arena too. I'd draft one of these if I didn't had any poly's or fireballs. It kills boulderfist for 1 less mana than fireball + heropower.

Deleted
    More crappy cards. Hope they are saving the best for the last.

Deleted
    Of the currently released cards, these are my thoughts on which ones seem viable:

Cards I'm confident will see play:

Totem Golem
    Tuskarr Totemic
    Fallen Hero
    Effigy
    Savage Combatant
    Eydis Darkbane
    Fjola Lightbane
    Justicar Trueheart

Cards there's a good chance will see play:

Maiden of the Lake
    Holy Champion
    Clockwork Knight
    Draenei Totem Carver
    Thunder Bluff Valiant
    Lock and Load
    Garrison Commander
    Coldarra Drake
    Frost Giant
    Nexus Champion Saraad
    Sky Cap'n Kragg

Cards which won't make it in constructed but will be arena worthy:

Lowly Squire
    Flame Juggler
    Spellslinger
    Silver Hand Regent
    Silent Knight
    Tournament Medic
    North Sea Kraken
    King's Defender
    Coliseum Manager
    Kodorider
    Argent Horserider
    Wilfred Fizzlebang
    Flame Lance

Cards which are just plain bad:

Demonfuse
    Argent Watchman
    Ball of Spiders
    Poisoned Blade

So all in all, things aren't looking nearly as bad as people are making out. Only four real stinkers, a lot of good arena cards and indeed most of the cards so far are at least in the running for constructed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two new cards revealed.

Aspirant looks pretty nice. Basically a temporary Wild Growth on a stick. Even if it only last a turn you still get value out of it. And if it's silenced or returned it's even better. Of course there's always the downside of having it summoned instead of played. Look out Shredders.

I'll reserve judgement for Wrathguard since I don't remember if you can overkill minions or not. Of course, at 2 mana they likely won't have something that does so much damage available anyway. We shall see.

I'll reserve judgement for Wrathguard since I don't remember if you can overkill minions or not. Of course, at 2 mana they likely won't have something that does so much damage available anyway. We shall see.
    Looks like a super imp, which is already a mandatory for most zoo/demon decks.

Yes you can overkill minions for effects - see Implosion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Darnassus Aspirant is great. It'll be one of these cards that your opponent would need to kill asap, and losing your extra mana crystal won't be much of an issue as your mana just goes back to normal. You could even give it some early buffs like Mark of the Wild to make it last longer. Also the Aspirant is a great target for Mirror Entity, as your enemy will only lose one of his own mana crystals while never having gained one. It'll be a bad card for you to get from Piloted Shredder though. I could see this being played in most druid decks, not sure if it'll replace Wild Growth. In arena this card is great aswell.

Wrathguard... the moment I saw this card I was thinking about shield slamming this guy for over 20 damage, and that same damage will redirect to the hero. A rogue could even hit the enemy hero, use Blade Flurry and deal the same damage again because Wrathguard is up. So 3x the damage of your weapon, quite overkill.

Despite these risks, I think its still pretty solid in normal situations where you can play him on turn 1 or 2. He'll still easily die to a 3/2, but if he can't then you can protect him with Voidwalkers or take him over with a Void Terror. I think this card will see play in zoo locks, but not in handlock. In arena it should be pretty good aswell.

Man, all the cards so far besides a few of the ones released on day one and the two valkyries has been total crap, and even the non-total crap ones are decent at best. I really hope they're deliberately leaving the best ones for last, because so far inspire looks just as dead on arrival as dragons ended up being, which I really hope won't be the case, because the current combo-totally-ignore-your-opponent-and-just-do-your-own-thing-meta is the shittiest meta hearthstone has ever had and we really need something out of this expansion that totally craps all over that, which we sure haven't seen anything of so far.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."