Thread: Brutal Tome RNG

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Brutal Tome RNG

There I was, sitting at 32/33 tomes after socrethar, thinking it was in the bag.

Velhari: no tome
    Fel Lord: no tome
    Xhul: no tome
    Mannoroth: no tome
    Arch: no tome

So I end the week at 32/33 and immeasurably frustrated with the state of RNG at this stage in the legendary. Has anyone else been spectacularly screwed over?

Deleted
    i started with 30/33 and killed 13/13 tonight.

so here i am with 32/33 and wont get the ring this week.
    bye raidspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    There I was, sitting at 32/33 tomes after socrethar, thinking it was in the bag.

So I end the week at 32/33 and immeasurably frustrated with the state of RNG at this stage in the legendary. Has anyone else been spectacularly screwed over?
    My warlock was last week.

Tome RNG is a bonehead maneuver by Blizzard devs. Had our first guildie get his ring last night. Another guildie who has been on the same number of raids is 16/33.

What was so wrong with getting 9 runes (or 27) per boss? Some progress per boss is better than no progress per boss. Not even a mission for tomes like there were for stones/runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post

I was at 32/33 prior to soc'rethar this week and was joking with my fellow raiders about that potentially happening... Fortunately didn't happen to me but ouch, feels bad man.

Deleted
    I was one of the people with the least tomes last week, but i got encredibly lucky this week, and got a tome of all bosses nearly, so i got my ring tonight

Deleted
    Well they messed up how the legendary quest works.. RNG is just not on your side sometimes and it shouldn't be in the game when it comes to Legendary Quests because it puts some players with the same amount of effort into into disadvantage. It's a horrible design imo.

Lol at least if someone in a raid is the only one with the ring they dictate when the cd is used

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxcyde View Post
    Well they messed up how the legendary quest works.. RNG is just not on your side sometimes and it shouldn't be in the game when it comes to Legendary Quests because it puts some players with the same amount of effort into into disadvantage. It's a horrible design imo.
    Or... or... maybe they could have just stuck with the old kind of legendary instead of the attunement rings/cloaks they've been doing. So now instead of being butt hurt that people don't all get the items, people are now butthurt when they don't get it at the same pace. Entitlement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Lol at least if someone in a raid is the only one with the ring they dictate when the cd is used

- - - Updated - - -

Or... or... maybe they could have just stuck with the old kind of legendary instead of the attunement rings/cloaks they've been doing. So now instead of being butt hurt that people don't all get the items, people are now butthurt when they don't get it at the same pace. Entitlement.
    This doesn't hold up for 1 reason: The Cata and previous Legendaries where a proper pain in the arse to get because the content was fucking hard.

Now, you can get a Legendary for grinding LFR. But someone who grinds LFR can get luckier and get all the tomes after a couple of weeks, while someone who only raids HC/Mythic might not have it after 2 months due to pure shite RNG. And since everyone gets one, everyone NEEDS one. There is the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Korshay View Post
    Tome RNG is a bonehead maneuver by Blizzard devs. Had our first guildie get his ring last night. Another guildie who has been on the same number of raids is 16/33.

What was so wrong with getting 9 runes (or 27) per boss? Some progress per boss is better than no progress per boss. Not even a mission for tomes like there were for stones/runes.
    Even if it takes approximately the same number of kills?

Yep... I'm on 32/33 aswell, although I still have Archimonde left to kill for this week. I don't think he's gonna drop it though. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    This doesn't hold up for 1 reason: The Cata and previous Legendaries where a proper pain in the arse to get because the content was fucking hard.

Now, you can get a Legendary for grinding LFR. But someone who grinds LFR can get luckier and get all the tomes after a couple of weeks, while someone who only raids HC/Mythic might not have it after 2 months due to pure shite RNG. And since everyone gets one, everyone NEEDS one. There is the difference.
    Actually it does hold up because it doesn't matter where they got it from. If they had stuck to the old version, we wouldn't be in this situation. That was the point. So now instead people are crying about not having it right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe they didn't make Archimonde a guarantee tome drop... that just feels wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Actually it does hold up because it doesn't matter where they got it from. If they had stuck to the old version, we wouldn't be in this situation. That was the point. So now instead people are crying about not having it right away.
    The problem is that if you're unlucky now, you'll "always" be behind. The whole grindfest isn't finished once you have the rng part behind you. Nope, 20 (?) weeks of Archimonde farming, which means you'll always be X weeks behind some people. No rng can change that now.

Not that I'm not happy for them if they get the ring - it's great, esp. if it's guildmates. That thing is insane, bosses just explode. But it sort of feels bad always being 2 - 3 (or even more) weeks behind. Once the raid is on farm, the only thing to do is dps battles (at least imo) which just sucks if your legendary ring is like 9 ilvl below the other people's.
    Last edited by mmoc328edcac98; 2015-07-23 at 05:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korshay View Post
    Another guildie who has been on the same number of raids is 16/33.
    I'm at 16 as well. It's been a bit rough seeing people getting theirs this week, knowing I won't get mine next reset either.
    RNG sucks, but not much to do about it right now. Hoping for lucky break this week.

Should make legendaries mythic only.

Then we will see a true meltdown on the forums

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least you're close, with 4 full clears under my belt (Completely missed one week) I've got a whopping 21/33.

Week 1: 5
    Week 2: 4
    Week 4: 5
    Week 5: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Deleted
    RNG is a bitch, me and buddy of mine both missed 8 tomes going this week. I got 3 tomes while he got all 8 from first 8 bosses and also killed arch to get his ring updated.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm stuck at 32/33 and cleared 13/13 this week already. RNG is a bitch indeed. atleast archimonde should have 100% drop rate...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

If any of you unlucky folks need someone to hate, I somehow got the 10 tomes I needed this week to get my ring.

It's okay, take it out on me. I can handle the abuse if it makes you feel better.

Spriest
    for Temerity // Twitter
    // Youtube // Btag: Myst#1540