Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should women in the United States be able to carry a gun for protection?

Simple poll.

Clarification: Just a general question. Should women have the choice to protect themselves with a gun. If this means apply for a permit then so be it. By whatever means that is legal in their state of residence.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2015-07-24 at 02:28 PM.

Last time I saw a chick with a gun, EVERYBODY DIED.

It was True Detective. Rachel McAdams just starts shit. Erbody dead. like, erbody.

And don't forget Vasquez, she almost blew up a planet with her trigger happy ass. Nevermind that it was top 5 badass moment in movie history.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Already do, whats your point?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

yes?

I feel that all guns should be banned, but if men carry it, shouldn't women carry it as well?
    Chronomancer Club

In the US, they can (in most places). Just go through the proper channels and obtain a gun and get a CCW permit. If you're asking if women should be able to do this outside of normal process, hell no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Simple poll.
    Most people, regardless of gender, lack adequate training to deal with a threatening situation when there's no position of surprise. So no, it's basically pointless. Unless you want everyone also be fully trained in a variety of martial arts and close combat as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether you support the second amendment or not, it does apply to every citizen in the US, yes? So unless I'm wrong women are already allowed to carry?

Uhh...Poll implies..a ...hmm...Poll.

Many women already do..."should be allowed to exercise the right to carry"? Is that your question? Some states allow ALL people to carry who wish to....

I am confused by the title ,lack of poll and ....the very obvious facts that people are already legally using their right to carry every day.

Only some states disallow you from using your rights to carry a firearm daily.

I live in one ...it is silly.

THe gender has nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Contingent upon a completed background check, psych evaluation, proper training, and other measures to ensure responsibility, absolutely.
    Eat yo vegetables

I think they already do.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what happened, but it never created the "poll" even though I selected that option and filled out the poll questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If any form of carrying of a firearm is made legal in an area, I would expect it to be legal for men and women equally. Last I checked gender had no real bearing on one's ability with a given firearm - the whole idea of firearms kind of removes the gender argument since they're easy to use and operate for pretty much anyone (and I mean in the sense of a standard handgun vs. a battle-axe).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Human resources lady at the company where I worked carried a .380 pistol in her purse. At 30 yards she could put six shots in a an area she could cover with her hand. And her hand was a small hand.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You didn't make a poll.

They already can. Men too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was unaware that women were not allowed to own guns. I'm sure I would've heard from the feminazis by now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, women already can. 2nd amendment applies to everyone*...

*except children, felons, and the mentally ill all of which have good reasons for the restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    So, are you asking if women should be denied the ability to do this? Because under the law there is nothing more restrictive on gun carrying for women than men.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I think that only toddlers in the US should be allowed to carry guns.

That's the solution to a lot of our problems, take gun ownership away from men but men only. Women should carry guns but only women.

I bet gun murders go down.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

No, of course not. As the second amendment states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, except for the women, who are stupid and must stay in the kitchen".