Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    6.5 /10 -IGN "Not Dota 2"

IGN well respected.. Lol

I see the OP has managed to hook a few people in. How he still has an active account is one of the few remaining mysteries of the universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I see the OP has managed to hook a few people in. How he still has an active account is one of the few remaining mysteries of the universe.
    Boub needs his advertising money somehow?

10+ Year Old Account
    All the professional reviewers suck especially IGN. Most of them don't review the whole game as in what's good and whats bad they're always on one side and usually when it comes to the more under the radar type games it's either middle of the road or bad reviews. The other thing that's super annoying, about IGN at least, is when they give scores they'll give some super complicated score like 8.6, 4.9, 7.4, etc. What kind of score is that? They probably have no idea what their .3 or .7 is even for they probably just put it there to make it look like they're doing some serious complex reviewing. Then they have these retarded reasons for taking off points like a game being repetitive when ALL games are repetitive even their highly acclaimed Call of Duty and Halo games but yet they say nothing about those games being repetitive or a famous one that I believe came from a review for a Pokemon game where they said it had too much water...yeah, wow what a good reviewer. I guess I'm not getting that game because IGN said there's too much water.

It comes down to this: reviews are ALL opinionated and should NOT be taken for anything else other than that. What one reviewer might love, I might hate and vise versa. So just because all these reviewers gave WoD a good score doesn't actually mean it's good.

My opinion of WoD? At first I loved it which is probably when they reviewed this expansion, in the beginning. I thought it was the best expansion yet but after actually getting to the end game content it got boring really fast. The questing part of the game was really awesome and probably the best part of this expansion. Also the dungeons I found really cool and fun too especially the Grimrail Depot that was my favorite. Even the garrison stuff was fun...for a while. Once you finish that stuff though the game just gets stale after that with all those garrison chores and those awful garrison grindfest dailies. There's also that stupid substitute point system for the JP/VP system (apexxis crystals i think?) which is also god awful. It's really a watered down version of what we used to have requiring you to grind even more than we used to. The JP/VP system was way better. So in the end my opinion for it changed from like a 9/10 to 6/10. It's been about 4-5 months now that I have been unsubscribed and I still have no urge to go back right now and last time I unsubscribed was back in WotLK which was for the same reason, got boring. Maybe when the next expansion comes out I'll come back hopefully because I really want to enjoy WoW again.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are we talking about reviews that are over 8 months old for an MMO? Also, are people forgetting that many actually liked the expansion the first couple of months of its launch (excluding the first week because of the servers failing), but because of the lack of longevity of the content, as well as a lot of disappointment around 6.1 got a lot of people mad? It's far from a perfect expansion by any means, but it's not like players found a lack of enjoyment when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Like it or hate it, Warlords of Draenor received a 9/10 rating from IGN, a well respected video game news site.
    Nonononononononononononononononono.

How quickly the internet forgets their 7.5 for Pokemon, claiming there was "Too much water".

Don't do this Jaylock, not that far please.

Realize also recently, IGN gave Heroes of the Storm a 7.5, while every other site gave it 9 or over.

Based on the first 2 weeks of MoP, I would have given the exp 10/10. That shit was awesome.

Like it or hate it, Warlords of Draenor received a 9/10 rating from IGN, a well respected video game news site.

It also received the following ratings:

Metacritic: 4.5/5

Gamesradar 4.5/5

Source: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...raenor+ratings

These were the highest ratings of any World of Warcraft expansion to date.

Like it or hate it, Blizzard did something very right to receive such high ratings.

What were the things you liked about WoD? I know its not over yet, but I am curious to find out what the community likes about the expansion so far?

For me, Garrisons were awesome. The raiding is awesome. I love the outdoor world and the leveling experience. Dungeons were great with the several modes, and treasures galore! (just trying to be positive and look at the good of the expansion)
    Duh because guess what? WoD was great the first time. Only thing is after so little content it is crap, that reveiw isnt about what wod will be near the end.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Deleted
    Who actually reads reviews anymore? I dont find any of them trustworthy...

This thread receives a 9/10 rating from Fish in a Barrel Quarterly.

I think it's a fair review of the new leveling content and systems updates. Leveling in WoD is the best it's ever been in WoW, the storytelling was superb. It was the endgame play that faltered so badly. Since it was reviewed on release, and raids weren't even available yet, it was a fair assessment of the material available at the time.

The problem for reviewers is how do you review an MMO, when it has content that releases over a long period of time? Maybe post-mortems would be better, but at that point there'd be no use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Who actually reads reviews anymore? I dont find any of them trustworthy...
    You, sir, need to become concerned with ethics in gaming journalism.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that IGN and company review the ENTIRE. GAME. So they were taking into account 90-100, the heroics (when they were current), and Highmaul (when it was current), and anticipating a typical WoW-style patching cycle.

It was after that first month when the wheels started to fall off of WoD.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    IGN, a well respected video game news site.
    Like it or hate it, Blizzard did something very right to receive such high ratings.
    For the record the user score is 6 on metacritic. I also find it hilarious how people can be so gullible to believe those quoted lines.

There's no such thing as a well respected video game news site because they're all biased and paid by the companies that they review for.

isn't that like reviewing a book based on the back cover and the first half of chapter one?

IGN sucks, you can't really trust them. And I thought WoD was decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You, sir, need to become concerned with ethics in gaming journalism.
    I wouldnt actually call it journalism when companies gives them money to promote their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Reviewed on the day it came out.

You really think they took into consideration the endgame, which is what most people complain about when talking about WoD?
    Exactly

Had i only played the leveling part i wouldve given it a 9-outof-10 as well.

Ps. Lol at Jaylock saying IGN is a "well respected" site :P

It also received the following ratings:

Metacritic: 4.5/5

Gamesradar 4.5/5

Source: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...raenor+ratings

These were the highest ratings of any World of Warcraft expansion to date.

What were the things you liked about WoD? I know its not over yet, but I am curious to find out what the community likes about the expansion so far?

For me, Garrisons were awesome. The raiding is awesome. I love the outdoor world and the leveling experience. Dungeons were great with the several modes, and treasures galore! (just trying to be positive and look at the good of the expansion)
    What they did right was the leveling. It was fantastic the first time around. Then the way they did the dungeons was great too...Then once you could raid the only thing you have is raiding....That in and of itself is the problem with warlords...