Deleted

Can you buy tokens while not subscribed? How?

I've seen this token talk and I heard Blizzard speak that they'll make a way to buy tokens even when unsubscribed?

If so, can you already? How?

Sorry if this has been written somewhere, I missed it.

I believe u can log in and it will give you the option to buy a wow token with the gold from all ur chars on that server.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I believe u can log in and it will give you the option to buy a wow token with the gold from all ur chars on that server.
    Yeah when you log in all your characters above 20 are 'locked' and if you click on one it tells you how much gold a WoW token costs. Then it pulls gold off your toons 'evenly' on that server. Though it seemed like it took more off my toon that had more gold when I did it. Not sure if you can get a token off the AH on a lower level toon since you can't access your mailbox on a 'starter/veteran' account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Then it pulls gold off your toons 'evenly' on that server. Though it seemed like it took more off my toon that had more gold when I did it.
    That's because it takes it by percentage. So if you have 2 chars, it will take 50% of what each char have, up to the amount needed, and if you have 10 it will take 10%. It's not xx% of the total cost from each character, as that would put some characters in a negative status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That's because it takes it by percentage. So if you have 2 chars, it will take 50% of what each char have, up to the amount needed, and if you have 10 it will take 10%. It's not xx% of the total cost from each character, as that would put some characters in a negative status.
    Rather odd way of explaining it. You have a total amount of gold on a server and each character has a % of that total. Just multiply the amount you paid for the token with the % for each character to find how much that character paid.

Example:
    Server total 273k
    Character 1 has 138k (50,5% of total)
    Character 2 has 63k (23,1% of total)
    Character 3 has 59k (21,6% of total)
    Character 4 has 13k (4,8% of total)

You paid 28k for the token. Character 1 pays 50,5% of it (14.140 gold), character 2 pays 23,1% (6.468 gold), character 3 pays 21,6% (6.048 gold) and character 4 pays 4,8% (1.344 gold).

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies all, this actually clears all the questions I had, I actually wanted to question how the gold is taken too, but you replied before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I haven't been able to for who knows what reason. I had enough money in one character for that and couldn't buy it even with the prices dropping.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Well, I haven't been able to for who knows what reason. I had enough money in one character for that and couldn't buy it even with the prices dropping.
    Was it saying you didn't have enough gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Rather odd way of explaining it. You have a total amount of gold on a server and each character has a % of that total. Just multiply the amount you paid for the token with the % for each character to find how much that character paid.

Example:
    Server total 273k
    Character 1 has 138k (50,5% of total)
    Character 2 has 63k (23,1% of total)
    Character 3 has 59k (21,6% of total)
    Character 4 has 13k (4,8% of total)

You paid 28k for the token. Character 1 pays 50,5% of it (14.140 gold), character 2 pays 23,1% (6.468 gold), character 3 pays 21,6% (6.048 gold) and character 4 pays 4,8% (1.344 gold).
    Thanks for this! This really clears up any questions I had about how this worked.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Arnt you supposed to be able to buy them from the launcher?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Arnt you supposed to be able to buy them from the launcher?
    Only if your account is not active. Otherwise you login and go to the Auction House.

How do you reactivate another account that is merged with you Bnet account but that account doesnt have enough gold to activate it?

My main account has enough gold to reactivate another account but how do you do that and is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    How do you reactivate another account that is merged with you Bnet account but that account doesnt have enough gold to activate it?

My main account has enough gold to reactivate another account but how do you do that and is it possible?
    Should be able to make a lvl 1, (or any bank alt which is under level 20) and mail it gold from your other account?

Can't say I have tested - but thats how I understand veteran accounts?

Only glitch I have found is the cap of 10 purchased at once is applied at the bnet account level, not the individual account level, so I can only buy 10, not 10 * #wow accounts (I figure it's a good way to store some gold that should keep pace with inflation if I decide to take a break till the next expac after the last tier).

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post

You'll have to activate the account first before you can mail gold to it. Two ways to do that: use a 10 day trial if it's not a WoD account or ask Blizzard for a free day.

Nice stuff, Im prolly gonna buy tokens. I sit on 400k gold, and honestly....What is there to buy anyway outside off things I cant afford anyway such as exspensive mounts, and I dont give a shit about gear now days inn wow.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    anyone know if you can buy multiple token in ah and if the time stacks on your sub?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayev View Post
    anyone know if you can buy multiple token in ah and if the time stacks on your sub?
    As far as I understand it you buy one token to activate account, and then you can buy ingame and you get a token in your bags. You can keep many tokens in your bags and if you click them all it should probably stack, and if you dont and subfee expires you can log in to that char (must be under lvl 20) and click it to reactivate as well (if you had a break from game for a month or so). I think this is how it works?

if a friend mailed enough gold to a character that's "inactive" would it be possible to click on this character from the server screen and purchase a token using the gold in the mailbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Mntndewme View Post
    if a friend mailed enough gold to a character that's "inactive" would it be possible to click on this character from the server screen and purchase a token using the gold in the mailbox?
    No and you cant access the mail with a veteran account so you either have to bite the bullet and pay the 15 dollars or ask blizz for 1 free day to access your mail so you can reactivate.

darn so id have to submit a ticket to battle.net then for the 1 day
    Last edited by Mntndewme; 2015-07-24 at 03:31 AM.