Trinket of the Four Bears

So I just got Mirror of the Blademaster on my Guardian Druid, and I'm really disappointed that the bear clones don't spin around, Blizzard pls fix.

Pretty sure this is better than Soul Capacitor for damage done? (note that I'm not tanking mythic on my druid so I'm just going for absolute full damage output gearing). My other trinket is the wonderful Malicious Censer.

I hate Soul Capacitor as much as the next rogue because it's a pain in the arse but it's especially so for tanks, since you have to be away from the boss so often (Iron Reaver anyone? Just recently killed this for the first time on mythic on my monk and did under 20k dps, made me sad). I think that given how often you have to move away as a tank, in general Soul Capacitor will not be as good as Mirror. Do people agree?

If it still works like it did on the PTR, Soul Capacitor's best use is trolling the other tank. +30% damage, but +130% threat, great for randomly ripping threat 10s into the fight .

Anyway, a tank would definitely give up SC faster than a DPS would. We do less damage (except during HotW) so the % damage boost is worth less damage, and we have more AP so mirror does more damage. Whether that means it's actually worth dropping I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Otherwise, why Censer? The only time I can see it being better than Anzu's is during HotW, otherwise Anzu's is just worth way more stats. Agi is slightly better than BA and Multistrike is silghtly better than Mastery for DPS, but not nearly enough to make up for the huge difference between Anzu's Mastery and Censer's MS.

I use Anzu's 100% And swap around between blademaster and soulcap.
    Blademaster on DOC fights, Soul Cap on HOTW fights.

I can say from experience that the Mirror does absolutely bonkers damage with Heart of the Wild Cat Form AP.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Isn't mirror's proc damage based on weapon damage, not scaling with AP? That's what the tooltip of the mirrors says at least?

And the reason I'm using Censer over Anzu is because I'm dumb and maths is hard. I was so happy when I got it, too :<

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I just simmed my character and haste is way better for DPS than any other secondary (excluding BA). I had no idea. I suck apparently. Or SimC does. Or both.

I also was under the impression that Multi was way ahead of the others; apparently it's 0.02 normalised ahead of mastery. Oops. Maybe I should just go for mastery since the dps loss isn't worth the ridiculous survivability loss.

Is haste actually that good for damage done? But I might start dying if I don't get all my delicious multistrike health.

Edit - ah but of course I only have about 2% haste and 40% multi. I'll sim someone who isn't going for multi and see what it says for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    And the reason I'm using Censer over Anzu is because I'm dumb and maths is hard. I was so happy when I got it, too :<
    It's still a great HotW trinket, and HotW burst is the only advantage we have over other tanks in terms of damage. Still a good trinket to keep around if you want good opening burst, whether it's for a raid boss or just exploding a dungeon boss in 20s or less. Anzu's is just a better boring stat-stick.

Mirror scales with AP. It does do some pretty fun damage with HotW, though I would still give the edge to soul capacitor for boosting (single-target) HotW burst because of how much damage we can pump out with it+berserk.

Wow, I just simmed my character and haste is way better for DPS than any other secondary (excluding BA). I had no idea. I suck apparently. Or SimC does. Or both.

I also was under the impression that Multi was way ahead of the others; apparently it's 0.02 normalised ahead of mastery. Oops. Maybe I should just go for mastery since the dps loss isn't worth the ridiculous survivability loss.

Is haste actually that good for damage done? But I might start dying if I don't get all my delicious multistrike health.

Edit - ah but of course I only have about 2% haste and 40% multi. I'll sim someone who isn't going for multi and see what it says for them.
    Haste is a good single-target DPS stat. This is especially true with pulverize, but even without it, since the buff to haste a long while back (changed from 100 rating/1% to 90 rating/1%), haste has been up there with MS as the top single-target stat.

Unfortunately, it doesn't boost our DoTs which make up a huge portion of our damage on anything but single-target. It's even worse for AoE in 6.2 since good AoE trinkets (seed/mirror) don't benefit from it either but scale with every other secondary. It's also not good for HotW burst, and with the loss of t17 bonuses, pretty much the worst defensive stat.

Also, yeah, MS is only a better DPS stat because there's no base MS like there is for crit or mastery. As you stack more of it, other stats catch up. True of any class, but bear stats are close enough and boring enough that it can actually shift priorities around.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2015-07-23 at 10:55 AM.

What stat priorities do you guys recommend for pure dps as Guardian? Agi > BA > Haste > Multi? With the amount of haste and multi my guardian has, haste is far ahead of other non-BA secondaries; but with most it's much closer (and mastery further behind multi than it is for me, because most have more mastery than me).

Is haste only ahead at all because we have so little of it? Definitely not worth going for? Or actually better than multi for dps?

What stat priorities do you guys recommend for pure dps as Guardian? Agi > BA > Haste > Multi? With the amount of haste and multi my guardian has, haste is far ahead of other non-BA secondaries; but with most it's much closer (and mastery further behind multi than it is for me, because most have more mastery than me).

Is haste only ahead at all because we have so little of it? Definitely not worth going for? Or actually better than multi for dps?
    If you're using the dps trinkets and HOTW (as you should if you're going for full on dps) you'll have more value from MS. But haste is a close second.

Blademaster is 100% always better than Soul Capacitor even if you got 4 procs during HoTW. By the end of the fight Blademaster will still have done more of your damage than Spirit Eruption gives. Not enough people look at Spirit Shift reduction if you look at logs. Instead they focus on Spirit Eruption and forget over 77% of that is damage they actually did if they didn't have the trinket on.

In some cases out of your control you can lose procs of Soul Capacitor because it proc'd when you had to get out of melee of boss due to tank mechanic or boss was dragged and you were rooted etc etc. Blade you know when you are placing and know your placing it because the boss won't move. The only boss that is debatable is Iron Reaver but even still you can know when its gonna move. DPS seem clueless when bosses move and qq their trinket isn't on the boss, but a tank should always know.

Isn't mirror's proc damage based on weapon damage, not scaling with AP? That's what the tooltip of the mirrors says at least?
    They deal weapon damage, but since they don't have weapon DPS their damage is derived entirely from AP (which is inherited from the player).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer