Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Is it me or Legendary (healer) ring is shit?

It only takes into account raw healing (no overhealing) so you can only create big shields when the raid takes massive damage.

Basically it will be only useful for phases of damage where a raid cd healing (hst, tranquility, revival) is not enough (so gorefiend and that's it).

A normal situation goes like this:
    1. Damage incoming, raid gets low
    2. Pop tranquility/*
    3. we are safe, no more damage
    4. and thanks to your legendary ring you have this shields that won't be used because the damage has already been received 10sec ago.

I am the only healer in my guild that have the ring atm and honestly, after 13/13 hc and 5/13 mythic clear last night i can confirm this ring is bullshit especially for the disc priest and all your statements are correct.

as a disc i need to shield people before the damage come and hope that it will actually absorb some damage and then "explode" right after the raid damage is over

the "explosion" after shielding everyone on the weakened phase on gorefiend for 15 sec gave me an incredible 1.1k absorb per person ...........
    Last edited by mmorav; 2015-07-23 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorav View Post
    I am the only healer im my guild that have the ring atm and honestly, after 13/13 hc and 5/13 mythic clear last night i can comfirm this ring is bullshit especially for the disc priest and all your statements are correct.
    does shield last 15 sec or 30 sec?

15 sec

need more than 10 char

Deleted
    They should have made it so after 15 seconds any mana you expended during the effect is refunded.

Deleted
    that would be borcken you would need 0 spirit

Quote Originally Posted by jadfer View Post
    They should have made it so after 15 seconds any mana you expended during the effect is refunded.
    that or make the overheal / overshield also count to the explosion effect...

just to remind you all that the healing cloak from pandaria was also crap :d and everyone was using the dps one for better stats xD

Deleted
    yea but we got very hyped about this legendary rings we thought they are going insanely strong and they are but they don t work

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really awkward how the ring seems to work against itself. On the one hand, you get increased healing, which is all well and good - but this increased healing means that you won't need the extra absorb that happens later. It takes some akward timing to make the most use of it, as well as prolonged period of heavy raid damage. I mean, it's possible to activate it 10 seconds before the damage takes place, pop major healing cooldown during the last five (or however long you need to finish the channel for Tranq/DH) and actually use the absorbs.

And with % increase getting bigger and bigger, the absorb part will become even less useful.

just to remind you all that the healing cloak from pandaria was also crap :d and everyone was using the dps one for better stats xD
    That would be absurdly OP. Hell, it would turn glyphed GS into a massive healing cooldown.

Deleted
    I am the only healer in my guild that have the ring atm and honestly, after 13/13 hc and 5/13 mythic clear last night i can confirm this ring is bullshit especially for the disc priest and all your statements are correct.

as a disc i need to shield people before the damage come and hope that it will actually absorb some damage and then "explode" right after the raid damage is over

the "explosion" after shielding everyone on the weakened phase on gorefiend for 15 sec gave me an incredible 1.1k absorb per person ...........
    That's because the ring actually doesn't work at all on absorbs. (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15161247741)
    Basically it's just another Archangel on a 2 minute cooldown for us, but without the Empowered AA part.

Second part of the proc (shielding) doesn't feed on absorbs, so beside EAA PoH and two penance, Discipline Priests don't really get anything from this proc.
    They do benefit from +25% heal for 15s though.

And yes, a shield after un burst healing phase is a bad idea. Expect if busrt healing phase is longer than 15s.

Rings on your entire healer team = an extra raid cooldown. What's not to like? It covers one of the raid CDs to counter heavy raid damage, which you wouldn't usually have. Fuck the shield (even though on most mythic fights, that'll get used up anyway due to random splash damage, or long lasting encounter specific AOE pulses), the big thing is +25% healing on 4x healers at once.

Deleted
    Ishkar: Heal up first blast with ring, heal through random fire dmg, have shield up for second blast
    Zekuun: You can have ring on first seeds each cycle, heal through raid damage, have shield up for second seeds
    Xhul'heroc: Last phase, heal through 2 Overwhelming Chaos with ring, have shield up for 3rd.

I know that all of these can be handled by regular cooldowns, but they provide a bit of extra leeway for people screwing up mechanics. In the end that's what healing is mostly about anyway. If all damage was static and noone made any mistakes it would be boring as all fuck.

That would be overpowered. Ring + Tranq alone would put an 80k shield on the whole raid, and that's from one spell alone.
    Last edited by mmoc0b02ba1114; 2015-07-23 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Rings on your entire healer team = an extra raid cooldown. What's not to like? It covers one of the raid CDs to counter heavy raid damage, which you wouldn't usually have. Fuck the shield (even though on most mythic fights, that'll get used up anyway due to random splash damage, or long lasting encounter specific AOE pulses), the big thing is +25% healing on 4x healers at once.
    The ring is pretty useless for heroic it just causes more over-heal, so those not progressing mythic getting the ring for heroic or lower will not feel that epic with it. At least the dps/tank one gets some use from extra damage, which the vast majority of the time is wanted.

I do agree it replacing the need for 1 raid CD because all healers having it for the 25% buff but what if you already had it covered? Its actually quite situational to use it as Blizzard hopes. It actually might lead guilds to further try to go with less healers because they can cover more raid aoes.

It doesn't feel legendary though, it would be much better if it had some personal aspect for healing ring.

And the shield is useless on a lot of fights given the length of buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    That's because the ring actually doesn't work at all on absorbs.
    I hope you realise and understand the ring is strongest in the hands of a Disc Priest.

Absorbs counting towards the absorb explosion would be so silly. I can't believe anyone would think that was/is intended.

Isn't Feast of Souls longer than 15s? I mean, if you're popping Tranquility and only that with the ring up, the shields generated when the effect ends will still do some absorbing on that fight. Seems like an exaggerated example of "useless."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Isn't Feast of Souls longer than 15s? I mean, if you're popping Tranquility and only that with the ring up, the shields generated when the effect ends will still do some absorbing on that fight. Seems like an exaggerated example of "useless."
    when we say its useless me mean useless compared to dps ring the dps guys get 100% of the use of the ring all the time

Deleted
    This is a long standing problem with healers that needs to be addressed somehow, the better your gear gets the less fun you have.

The ring's shield effect only has major uses as mentioned above when the aoe is prolonged - gorefiend's feast, iskar, xhul's final phase, zakuun's disarmed, kromork's hands and the following pounding etc.

I don't think you can game it, by outranging the shield with some part of your raid like you could with the dps version to only hit a priority add and in this case hit a priority play, e.g. a tank. It would have given it another layer of gameplay.

Initially - as long as the ring's ilvl is still low you might just want to use one ringbearer as healer. The others go with the 715-one. The ringbearer's big healing cd is strengthened and can heal more because nobody else interferes. The shield will hence still be meaningful in size and the other healers will still have the int proc to increase their healing during other times, which they wouldn't have if they wore the 735+ versions.
    Our healing team usually rotate's cds so a healing increase on another healer won't be as meaningful if only one is really doing anything at that point. It might be different on many mythic encounters.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-07-23 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtzmybae View Post
    I hope you realise and understand the ring is strongest in the hands of a Disc Priest.
    I don't. Could you elaborate, please ?