Help a (very) newbie Moonkin PvEr!

Hey guys.

For starters, view my armory on Threadstrong (Proudmoore US Alliance). I can't post the link here for some reason.

Excuse the lack of glyphs, I'm working on them still. I'm currently simming for around 41k-42k, and I know most people don't DPS for anywhere near their simmed numbers, but I'm getting very frustrated with my numbers. I'm doing roughly around 28k-30k with just self-buffs on a target dummy in a 1m20s time period. Granted, I don't have very much experience with Moonkin whatsoever, but I feel I'm nailing down the rotation pretty well in that small sample size and I'm not sure where the really low DPS is coming from. Does anyone have any big tips on the rotation? I feel like I'm missing something.

If you have any logs that would help you get answers a lot quicker with what you're doing wrong, otherwise all we can really tell you is to go read the moonkin guide and live it.

Generally if a moonkins damage isn't where it "should" be it's because they're interrupting casts or moving too frequently.

However if you aren't casting starsurge when you should be it's a quick fix, and if you're overwriting empowerments it's a quick fix.

Otherwise, dot uptime, and plant your feet.

I'll get some logs today and I'll report back. I do have a bad habit of moving around a bit when I shouldn't be, so I need to cut down on that. I am making sure not to overwrite any empowerments, though. But again, I'll log a few boss fights today and I'll post them whenever I get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys. I had the chance to pug the first two fights on normal HFC. Please keep in mind I made many, many mistakes that I'm aware of. I didn't have a feast on the Iron Reaver kill, I messed up my cooldown usage...etc. Please critique me harshly. I want to maximize my DPS as much as possible. I'm very, very new to the Moonkin spec in a raid environment and I'm trying to excel for my gear level.

askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/e4cbd32e-ef7f-484f-b411-1bd3b871b803/report/5#v=0,d=0,c=11