What do you think of the game Guilty Gear Xrd

Like the title says what do you think of the game Guilty Gear Xrd. I casually play fighting games the last one I played was Injustice Gods Among Us. The game looks fun but how is it in my opinion for someone like myself who never learns all the moves. Also how is the story mode. I know most fighting games story mode is normally bla but I was just wondering.

I will say the art style looks really good and I like how its like 2D into 3D with special moves. So do you guys think for someone like myself is it worth $40 for the base copy or $80 for the limited edition amazon. I am considering buying the limited edition if I do get it.

Also to be clear I am considering getting it for ps4. So what do you guys think about the game and as a extreamlly casual playing in fighting games do you think I may enjoy it.

I wish there was a demo

Edit: I am kinda cought between that and MKX for Ps4. I also heard BlazBlue is good.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-07-24 at 12:17 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's pretty fantastic.

Also EVO 2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's pretty fantastic.

Also EVO 2015:

OMG I heard about that in Totalbiscuit's pod cast. That is just fucken hilarious. Do you think the limited edition is worth the extra $50 after tax. I like buying the limited edition or stuff but it seems kinda bla for me as a person whos not big in the series.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't fun for me. Honestly, I hate fighters like Marvel with the overdone combo's into finishing moves ect. And I don't think Guilty Gear is as casual as you think it is. Fighters in general outside of Smash aren't casual friendly just because of the way they work. IDK people can even enjoy a fighting game casually where you're just trying to mindlessly hit buttons with no plan in mind. To me with fighters you either gotta go big and learn everything about each character's moves/frame data or don't even bother playing at all.

The best casual fighter is definitely Soul Calibur. That's a game where you can just mindlessly mash buttons and still do well if you put in enough time. Guilty Gear? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    It wasn't fun for me. Honestly, I hate fighters like Marvel with the overdone combo's into finishing moves ect. And I don't think Guilty Gear is as casual as you think it is. Fighters in general outside of Smash aren't casual friendly just because of the way they work. IDK people can even enjoy a fighting game casually where you're just trying to mindlessly hit buttons with no plan in mind. To me with fighters you either gotta go big and learn everything about each character's moves/frame data or don't even bother playing at all.

The best casual fighter is definitely Soul Calibur. That's a game where you can just mindlessly mash buttons and still do well if you put in enough time. Guilty Gear? Not so much.
    I just enjoy doing story mode and a little bit of online. I don't just mindlessly mash buttons but I don't learn the 10 button combo moves ether.

I normally just knew a few small moves and thats about it. Also everynow and then I get bored and want to fight the AI lol.

Do you think the limited edition is worth the extra $50 after tax.
    I don't really have any advice on this. IF you like it and have the cash, sure. If not, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't really have any advice on this. IF you like it and have the cash, sure. If not, whatever.
    True I get ur point. I wish I got it when it was $40 LOL.

The game seems fun just wasn't sure if its worth spending $40 (Basic Version) on since I am not the type of person who learns like all move sets.

I've been a casual fighting game player since I started playing games some 20 years ago and I love it. Casual play isn't that hard too if you're just in it for the story as most basic combos are shared between characters and ultimates are easy to pull off. The art style is awesome just like the rest of the studios games. There's some really unique heroes in the game like my personal favorite which is the guitar using character. Blast enemies with musical notes heh. Too bad you missed out on when it was 20$ a few months back which is when I picked it up.

The story mode is really nice too though I recommend the latest Blazblue games or even Persona 4 Arena Ultimax which is fantastic. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is also really cheap these days with it regularly going down to 20$ and the base price being 30$.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I've been a casual fighting game player since I started playing games some 20 years ago and I love it. Casual play isn't that hard too if you're just in it for the story as most basic combos are shared between characters and ultimates are easy to pull off. The art style is awesome just like the rest of the studios games. There's some really unique heroes in the game like my personal favorite which is the guitar using character. Blast enemies with musical notes heh. Too bad you missed out on when it was 20$ a few months back which is when I picked it up.

The story mode is really nice too though I recommend the latest Blazblue games or even Persona 4 Arena Ultimax which is fantastic. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is also really cheap these days with it regularly going down to 20$ and the base price being 30$.
    Cool beans ill keep a eye on P4AU and I may just wait for another sell on Guilty Gear Xrd.

"Woshige NOOOOOOO, WHAT ARE YOU STANDING UP FOR!!!!"

seriously it looks like a fun game. Too bad its not on pc.