Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I love this bonus weekend, lol.

I've geared up 3 characters (2 Horde and 1 Alliance) and we're only on Saturday. The buff applies to Ashran events also (450 per win), so I just alternate between Ashran (if we are winning or have the AA) and random BG's.

I've encountered the "omg horde lose everything" or "omg alliance r such noob we lose everything" mentality on both sides, it's pretty funny really. I've had about 50/50 success rate with BG's and Ashran. The "edge" is only given to Alliance in rated play, in randoms everyones just as bad as each other.
    this /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix19 View Post
    Woohoo i thought, a decent chance to gear up quickly in bgs, something allys seem to be quite good at in my battlegroup...nope, every scrub and his dog came to get a sniff of the free pussy and quite literally fuck it up through incompetence and lack of co-ordination.
    So you wanted to gear up fast and blame everyone else for trying to do the same? logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Statistics such as those from wow-stats heavily disagree with you. Either you were very lucky as Horde and unlucky as Alliance or you're just lying.
    Or he's better at his Horde characters. My win ratio on my Horde Rogue is about 30% higher in the 10-15 man BGs compared to some of my other characters that I can't as easily use to influence the outcome.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the usual Horde experience this weekend.

Saturday started out well. I won 4 out of the first 6 to finish the quest and then made the mistake of carrying on. I then only won 1 out of the next 6.

Today (Sunday) was a travesty. We won 7 out of 21. I play a Disc Priest and most BG's seemed to be melee or GTFO. The number of times I went from 100-0 was ridiculous considering I am fully Honor geared with a couple of conquest pieces.

That's really bad if the quest bugs out...

Took a lot of BGs to get 4 wins on my horde toon (around 12ish) but yeah I got 5x wild set gladiator pieces with a ring/neck item in between.

What I want to know is if anyone tried AV/IOC as Horde and if they actually won them this weekend.

Also, since I played BGs after a while, really liking the SoTA changes (with the bombs). Games are much more faster and frantic and the extra action button is a godsend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I have the usual Horde experience this weekend.

Saturday started out well. I won 4 out of the first 6 to finish the quest and then made the mistake of carrying on. I then only won 1 out of the next 6.

Today (Sunday) was a travesty. We won 7 out of 21. I play a Disc Priest and most BG's seemed to be melee or GTFO. The number of times I went from 100-0 was ridiculous considering I am fully Honor geared with a couple of conquest pieces.
    Which BGs were you winning most?

In my experience it was SoTA / BfG / DWG.

WSG / SSM / TP were bad.

Blacklisted AV/IoC of course.

Deleted
    Great weekend for the Alliance anyway, many BGs were farmed.. Not that I've need for honor and Conq was capped Wednesday.
    Don't know how people still arent geared- it's redick this expansion.

Oh and the human racial blaming is geting old (spoiler not all of us are humans). Also its one Ability not imortallity stop the /crying and start looking at yourself and team

Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    Yep. It's maddening...horde have it so ingrained in their heads that "horde can't win", so they don't even try unless they get off to a winning start in the first 30 seconds. Horde tied or trailing in a BG? Forget it; everyone gives up!
    Hilarious to read after a fucking DECADE of Horde winning more than Alliance by default. Ingrained? Don't make me laugh.

Deleted
    How do you even get in a battleground as alliance? 40+ minute queues get old pretty fast.

Deleted
    It has been an enjoyable bonus weekend imho. I've geared up one of my toon from 630sh to 675sh on his offspec as well. I might have been lucky, no bugs on the weekly (completed on 4 alts) and almost a 50/50 win ration (playing mostly on horde)

After not attempting BGs since MoP 2014, and at that time Ally lost quite a lot. It is quite refreshing to win multiple games in a row. I think for every 4-5games I win, I lose one. There is no secret. You will get good players that pull the team or you'll get horde that are simply better and stun lock you to death (im a healer). I won't be suprised that ally start losing again once the BG wkend is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Hilarious to read after a fucking DECADE of Horde winning more than Alliance by default. Ingrained? Don't make me laugh.
    The more unbalanced PvP faction seems to win more frequently color me surprised.

They just attract the better players like will for the forsaken and such were OP in classic.

Deleted
    It depends on your luck really. I did pvp on 7 different chars this weekend in order to reach 4000 honor this season (unlocks PvP garrison missions for free passive honor and gold) and it went pretty quickly. I think I've won about 55-60% of the battlegrounds. I blacklisted AV and IOC due to queuing times, other than that alliance won Twin Peaks and WSG the most while losing SoTA the most.

Honor farming with this buff was amazingly fast nonetheless.

a decade? things didn't get out of hand till faction changes and same server factions happened in wrath, and cata was all ally due pve trinkts + emfh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    After not attempting BGs since MoP 2014, and at that time Ally lost quite a lot. It is quite refreshing to win multiple games in a row. I think for every 4-5games I win, I lose one. There is no secret. You will get good players that pull the team or you'll get horde that are simply better and stun lock you to death (im a healer). I won't be suprised that ally start losing again once the BG wkend is over.
    To quote myself, I just did a WSG, got into an argument with a DPS who had a whinge that I didn't heal him cos I went off and died getting flag (because he went afk at mid). I'm a mature enough person with the right amount of ego that I can still play while hating someone. Unfortauntely less can be said about the DPS. Not sure what kind of ranting this guy did because I reported him (as I have been to every whiner that becomes abusive due to their own lack of skill or insight), anyway, he started going afk and turtling, needless to say, we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    How do you even get in a battleground as alliance? 40+ minute queues get old pretty fast.
    Exaggeration much? I haven't sit in a queue longer than 8-9 minutes this entire weekend. Geared 2 toons from literally no gear to full.

The only PvP queue taking that long is Trashran.

You know, I'm horde. I'm all horde. I have to agree. People complaining, and yeah, it does kinda suck, but we OWNED BGs other than AV/IoC (and hell, I'm battlemaster and Master of IoC, so those are winnable) and so now that the power has shifted... I'm not really that upset about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW PvP has always been kinda bad in my opinion, which is why I get my PvP fix from other games and only play PvE in WoW.

I had the quest bug out on me in a good way. I switched to my horde shaman and headed into ashran. While I was running I opened the adventure log and accepted the weekend battleground quest. The second I walked into Ashran the quest completed, 4/4 BG wins. I didn't expect that to happen and sadly couldn't replicate it later on with my alliance toon.

Deleted
    Does this event bonus affect conquest gains as well?

ive been trying to win 2 bgs in the last four hours, only able to win 1 so far. cant wait to go to sleep but must finish this dam 4 win bg first. of course im horde