Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    You wait until Ascendance is over before dumping the 20 stacks, the reason being is that you don't want to sacrifice a LvB for 20 stack ES when you can sacrifice a LB instead.

The number one rule for Ascendance is make sure you only cast LvB when you've popped it. The rule before that rule, is to make sure you optimise your Ascendance by popping it around all other buffs and timers.
    That's not strictly true. You should cast ES20 even during Ascendance; it deals more damage than LvB even without critting, it only costs a global, and you don't want to be sat at 20 stacks wasting obscene amounts of potential damage.

You can optimise when to pop Ascendance to ensure minimal wastage, but Ascendance is a very weak cooldown, and you will always reach 20 LS stacks during it, so you'll always end up using ES20 at some point during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    You wait until Ascendance is over before dumping the 20 stacks, the reason being is that you don't want to sacrifice a LvB for 20 stack ES when you can sacrifice a LB instead.

The number one rule for Ascendance is make sure you only cast LvB when you've popped it. The rule before that rule, is to make sure you optimise your Ascendance by popping it around all other buffs and timers.
    but in that scenario you wouldn't just be sacrificing a LB, you'd be sacrificing all the fulmination stacks you would be getting if you weren't capped also.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Do you hate doing dps. ^^
    A whole 0.1% DPS loss. How crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    A whole 0.1% DPS loss. How crippling.
    having double trinket proc at pull is more than 0.1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post
    having double trinket proc at pull is more than 0.1%.
    They'll proc on Flame Shock anyway. Precasting is a really tiny part of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    They'll proc on Flame Shock anyway. Precasting is a really tiny part of DPS.
    The mid-air lightning bolt leads to a high likelihood of a double proc on your RPPM trinkets. We don't really use many RPPM trinkets this tier, but in the past it was extremely valuable.

Deleted
    My guild had a 6k HP wipe on Blackhand Mythic before 6.2 while I was on a break. The tiniest, literally, tiniest DPS increase would have killed that boss. As it stands they went into 6.2 on 9/10 Mythic.

Point being, those tiny, tiny DPS increases can make a difference. If you're super casual then it's cool, but if you're passionate about killing bosses you should want to do everything you can to kill a boss.

I'm sorry, what are RPPM trinkets?

Deleted
    It stands for Real Procs Per Minute. The proc chance of the effect is random, however they have "bad luck prevention" built into them, so the longer you go without it proccing the more likely it is to proc. You could get them back to back or none for ages, but on average it'll work out at what it says on the trinket.

Deleted
    Always lineup UF+EF(2 stack)+Flame Shock? or just use UF as filler?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimzy View Post
    Always lineup UF+EF(2 stack)+Flame Shock? or just use UF as filler?
    With class trinket, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsha View Post
    With class trinket, yes.
    UF isn't mandatory for the class trinket, only EF is.

Deleted
    I think by UF he meant Unleash Flame rather than Unleashed Fury. But the above is still correct regardless If you don't take Unleashed Fury, only use Unleash Flame to apply Flame Shock and to fill movement globals; if you do take Unleashed Fury, use it on cooldown but pay attention to line it up with Flame Shock.

anyone glyphing FET on Zakuun so you can pop it and start and then again during lust? otherwise we kill him before it comes off CD

Deleted
    I saw a post about when to apply FS with/without trinket. But just to sum up and make it clear, what are the correct time to refresh with/without, and what are the dps numbers for different scenarios like:
    UF+EF(2 stack)+FS // UF+EF(1 stack)+FS // EF(2 stack)+FS // EF(1 stack)+FS // UF+FS //

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marolen View Post
    anyone glyphing FET on Zakuun so you can pop it and start and then again during lust? otherwise we kill him before it comes off CD
    Yes, i did that on my kill (mythic). FET benefits very well from that lust, and the early FET is also nice. It's the perfect fight to have the FET talent and the glyph.

Deleted
    I'll give that a go. Might help with sustaining dps.

So what's the current thinking on Echo vs. Elemental Mastery? I've been running echo and tried mastery before the 4piece but not since getting it.

I don't bother with more than 1 earthquake on kormrok and could live without on socrethar as I project earthgrab to root ghosts on top of the earthquake

Echo is better quality of life. Also having 2 LvB charges makes the rotation smoother, and assists greatly with lining up 2x Fusion stacks ready for a trinket buffed flame shock.
    EM is higher mathematically on single target, but Echo is close enough behind that unless your pushing for ranks, something like top 100 world kills or other form of min-maxing to the extreme, you get the choice.

I believe Echo would also be better for high aoe or target swapping fights (this is subjective, but also general idea from chatting with other eles) but not just for earthquake charges. More swaps means more shock usages eating Fusion stacks, as well as giving a little burst loading with the LvB charges. Also, more CL usage means more ES/fulm uses eating Fusion charges. Yes EM will be more of a burst while its up, but since it's a CD, it's useless while it is on CD.

(Also keep in mind that while Echo is behind mathematically, if you play better with Echo, then you're likely doing more damage by having it compared to EM. If you're in Mythics then you're probably capable of EM, but I'm going to leave this here for any others it may apply to.)

I complained a lot initially about switching from Echo to EM, but after playing with it for a few weeks its fine. Flame shock lasts like 110 seconds now it isn't hard to get a 2x EF UF shock up.