Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    That has nothing to do with whether this is done purely to provoke a reaction. Of course no-one SHOULD react to this. But it is well known that someone will, and THAT is the reason why this is being done. Like it was pointed out, it's a dick move by douchbags trying to provoke other douchebags.
    I don't see the point in holding a parade where people are accepting of it in the first place tbh. I think it's totally useless to hold a parade in a place where people have no problems with it.

Deleted
    That has nothing to do with whether this is done purely to provoke a reaction. Of course no-one SHOULD react to this. But it is well known that someone will, and THAT is the reason why this is being done. Like it was pointed out, it's a dick move by douchbags trying to provoke other douchebags.
    This action is pure they can't defile it by laying the intolerance of the opposition bare.

I would side with black panther peacefull civil rights march too.

Homosexuals show pride in america pushing boundaries and stomping all over injustices!! Homosexuals in Europe tho..well they have to tone it down least the offend a Muslim.

7+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a conflict of interest with the person organizing it. If he intentionally created the parade route to piss off a specific group of people I don't think it's racist, just spiteful. But these aren't just people against their beliefs, they're mostly immigrants so he's kind of fulfilling two agendas at the same time. Just kind of sad that a gay activist is making decisions based on his stance on immigration.

As an American Homo I'd love to march a gay parade past all the Churches, temples, etc in town because I know some people will get pissed, but they can't do anything about it. Kind of a big "Fuck the haters!" kind of thing. But I won't march a gay pride parade in a predominately Mexican community to spite Mexicans.

This guy is really pushing their buttons though. Those people need to be willing to accept Sweden's culture and either support it or just ignore it. Reacting negatively to this will only make things worse.

I never understood pride marches, and I certainly won't understand claims of racism against a pride march.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    I don't see the point in holding a parade where people are accepting of it in the first place tbh. I think it's totally useless to hold a parade in a place where people have no problems with it.
    Guess that's why the parades in Sydney and so on are so huge, amrite? No. this is not done to "support gay rights" but to provoke. Which means that it is nothing but a dick move.

Deleted
    If they indeed get agitated about the sexual orientation then the organizer have a valid reason to especially move the route there where people are most intolerant.

Which means that it is nothing but a dick move.
    The people getting provoked have nobody to blame but themself all non provoked people should not have a problem with it.

It is no dick move it's valid critique even a racist watch is right twice a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    This action is pure they can't defile it by laying the intolerance of the opposition bare.
    An action undertaken with the sole aim to provoke can never be "pure"

Deleted
    An action undertaken with the sole aim to provoke can never be "pure"
    If people get agitated over a non issue yes it is pure.

People demonstrating against the westborro baptist church might piss off some fundamentalist christians but they are in the wrong.
    The fault is entirely with the people getting pissed of about basic civil liberties.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when religions get turned into races, so that the word "racist" can be evoked, because in reality no one really gives a shit about offending the delusional. Though personally, I consider the "racist" chant to be little more than a package deal concept, meant to shut down rational thought, so I don't put much stock into the term, anyway.

And I'm not even a fan of pride parades.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2015-07-24 at 11:33 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people get agitated over a non issue yes it is pure.
    No, it really isn't. You want to support gay rights and show that it is okay to be gay? Fine, I'm all for that. You want to use it as an excuse to piss people off so you get a reaction that you can exploit politically in order to fuel anti-immigrant sentiment? Then you are a douchebag, and there is nothing pure about you or your "pride march".

10+ Year Old Account
    In the case of this event one party is objectively more wrong from a perspective of civil libertys.
    There you go, trying to make me pick sides.

If one side is more wrong than the other, both are still in the wrong. I don't have to side with the less-wrong one.

Your so called dick move is as much a dick move as counter protesting the westboro baptist church.
    That you would say this is mind boggling.
    Not particularly. There's nothing here suggesting that residents in these areas were causing any kind of actual issue or were in any way outspoken about homophobic views. The Westboro Baptist Church gets targeted because they're incredibly vocal and in-your-face about things, which amounts to harassment in many cases.

If they had a route that they wanted for entirely innocent reasons, and it happened to pass through a predominantly-Muslim neighbourhood, then I wouldn't care, and I'd tell any homophobes who take issue with it to take a hike. Deliberately targeting neighbourhoods because you're hoping to provoke an angry reaction is a dick move, though, particularly when there's been nothing presented to justify that attempt to antagonize (or even demonstrate that there's any reason to expect they'll be antagonized).

Deleted
    No, it really isn't. You want to support gay rights and show that it is okay to be gay? Fine, I'm all for that.
    So if I donate a million $ for cancer research with embrionic stemcells to piss of religion the donation is racist and bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing here suggesting that residents in these areas were causing any kind of actual issue or were in any way outspoken about homophobic views.
    You ever visited a muslim neighbourhood here or in sweden?

If they are not homophobic they won't get pissed off but they totally are flamboyant homophobic.
    There is nothing defiling this protest as long as it stays peacefull and free of racist paroles.
    Last edited by mmocebc95cf0d7; 2015-07-24 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.667637

What do you think of this? Is a pride march racist, if it's put in such areas? Why does it matter who organizes it?
    You should ask the Northern Irish about parades being done in their neighbourhood. Having a protestant march through your catholic neighbourhood stirred things up a little there, I heard.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Ugh, I can't take all this PC, SJW crap anymore

"I'm offended"
    "You're racist"
    "I'm racist"
    "Everybody's racist"
    "Give me attention"
    "You're a homophobe"
    "PATRIARCHY"

Slowly going down the spiral of madness

Did the organizers state their motives?
    Did anyone on the neighborhood actually complain?
    Or is this just narrative spin by socially inclined agitators?

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I donate a million $ for cancer research with embrionic stemcells to piss of religion the donation is racist and bad?
    It isn't pure of heart, at least. You're not donating to stem cell research because you believe in the research, you're doing so because you're an anti-religious bigot.

Because it isn't about you wanting to improve lives, it's about you wanting to publicly denounce an unrelated party that has nothing to do with the cause in question. Worse, it's making that fight the charity's fight, and they probably didn't ask for that.

No, it really isn't. You want to support gay rights and show that it is okay to be gay? Fine, I'm all for that. You want to use it as an excuse to piss people off so you get a reaction that you can exploit politically in order to fuel anti-immigrant sentiment? Then you are a douchebag, and there is nothing pure about you or your "pride march".
    Weren't all pride marches also meant to spite the establishment aka the Christians. That time it was fine and pure but now it's not. If Christians have to be tolerant towards LGBT why the "Religion of Peace" can't be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It isn't pure of heart, at least. You're not donating to stem cell research because you believe in the research, you're doing so because you're an anti-religious bigot.
    So the march like the donation should be stopped because I'm not pure at heart?

You mix my motivation with the action which is dishonest.
    Let it speak for itself.

The muslim community is really homophobic to it's very core have no doubts about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish i could just tell them. Dont. Fucking. Do. It. But yeah fat chance of that happening. I'm so happy that i live in northern sweden where you really don't see this crazy stuff all that often.