Why cant we use proc of the legendary ring in PVP???

Wondering why the heck we cant use the legendary ring in pvp, i mean it was a long chain of quests to get the ring and we are not allow to use it in pvp, and also nerfing the ring to 715 isnt good. Not happy at all with this

10+ Year Old Account
    Because instead of balancing legendaries in PvP they just made them useless.

Deleted
    To avoid forcing all pvpers to have to raid in order to have the same level of gear as the pve players

Since when doesn't it work?

Only place I haven't seen it work is in Rated BGs and Arena. Still works in Ashran/Random BGs/World PvP (at least from when I was on today)

It's BiS for some spec's anyway even WITHOUT the legendary effect (boomkins mastery/versatility)

i mean why we are not allow to use the ring, every player that want to use the ring can get it, blizzard is allowing lazy players that dont take the time to get it to bitch about how OP it is.

Deleted
    We can have legendaries in PvP when they're no longer acquired in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE items were known to be notoriously OP in PvP situations, and in some cases, made PvE gear inferior. You have things like 4 piece PvP gear + 4 piece T6 Rogues with Warglaives, Vala'nyr saw some PvP use, Shadowmourne, Vial of Shadows, you name it.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

[QUOTE=Ravensword;35058525]For the same reason that PVE set bonuses don't work and PVE trinkets have a diminishing effect, they want PVP gear to be best for PVP. Should not really have people rocking a fully upgraded 795 ring when the best PVP ring scales up to 730. The days of running around with your Warglaives. Shadowmourne and Deathbringer's Will in PVP are a thing of the past thank goodness :

lolol what?

I still have nightmares from the days of Shadowmourne and Fangs of the Father.

If the ring's proc worked, even at a slight level, it would give too much of an advantage over regular rings. They don't want to force PvP players to PvE to get BiS. I suppose they could've made it work in unrated.

Deleted
    works in world pvp?

Lol a pve'er upset about not being able to use a pve ring in pvp. Legendaries shouldnt be allowed in pvp because personally, I dont want to be forced to pve to have BiS for pvp. I had to do that in cata for my legendary daggers. Fuck. That. Shit.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Lol a pve'er upset about not being able to use a pve ring in pvp. Legendaries shouldnt be allowed in pvp because personally, I dont want to be forced to pve to have BiS for pvp. I had to do that in cata for my legendary daggers. Fuck. That. Shit.
    This!

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    Since when doesn't it work?

Only place I haven't seen it work is in Rated BGs and Arena. Still works in Ashran/Random BGs/World PvP (at least from when I was on today)

It's BiS for some spec's anyway even WITHOUT the legendary effect (boomkins mastery/versatility)
    I have a question ... In BGs does activating yours activate everyone else's ? Or haven't you been able to see yet

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    I have a question ... In BGs does activating yours activate everyone else's ? Or haven't you been able to see yet
    Doesnt work in BGs.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Doesnt work in BGs.
    You sure? Guy above seemingly has it and said it works in none rated pvp.

Sussex;

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Shadowmourne and Deathbringer's Will in PVP are a thing of the past thank goodness :
    lolol what?
    Every warrior had DBW, it was a necessary trinket cause of the huge ArP. And towards the end of season 8, at least half of the plate melees I met at 2600+ were running around with shadowmournes.

The ArP trinket from Ruby Sanctum later on was also really strong. Human for double ArP trinkets + shadowmourne = you're basically Sauron

To OP, the reason the ring is disabled should be obvious. 25% damage buff on 2min CD with the huge explosion damage would make pvp completely stupid, not to mention unfair to those who only pvp. Also, all pve gear is capped to 715, not just the ring.

The ring doesn't work even in normal BGs. However, PVE set bonuses do (but are disabled in rated pvp).

edit: ring works in Ashran. Bladestormed a bridge with the 30% defender damage buff, results were hilarious.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-07-28 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of ranked pvp players couldn't give two jacks about PvE and haven't done even the first parts of the legendary, having it work in ranked would force them to start a couple months of grinding and most would quit immediately.

Deleted
    legendaries have no place in pvp

It doesn't work because legendaries in pvp are stupid.